• Yes ban them all

I would be the happiest person alive if school uniforms were banned. I DON'T LIKE BEING TOLD WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T WEAR!!! School uniforms shouldn't exist in the first place. It's bad enough that kids are FORCED to go school anyway, but a uniform on top of that? WHY?!?!

• Some schools, but not all...

ANYONE can see you're name, just by going on a field trip or walking home, a stranger can just walk up and look at you're name, and maybe get a lot of information off it to.
    It does NOT express who you really are, different people wear different clothes because its their personality. If you wear a uniform every day it doesn’t give the other person a background of who YOU really are.
    You all look the same! In paragraph 2 I said: “It does NOT express who you really are.” If everyone is wearing the same clothes then someone is going to think that you all have the same personality! We should all be diverse (independent).
    Yes, school uniforms do have their pros and cons but, so far with the evidence I have, it seems that wearing school uniforms are weighing down on the scale.

• Not all schools, but some

• Make us feel different from world.

When students of some school wear uniform its easy to distinguish them from all others. In their own world i.E their schools when they look same they feel same and equal. With uniforms they don't have to worry what to wear today and what we wore yesterday. So must be there.

• It's safer for kids

I agree that school uniforms shouldn't be banned because it's safer for the kids. Also because school uniforms are way cheaper than buying just any regular clothes. I know everyone wants a "free-uniform school" but they just see the bad out of it and they don't see the gray outcome of wearing uniforms at school.

• No, each school should decide.

No, school uniforms should not be banned nationwide, because each individual school or school district should decide with parents whether uniforms are appropriate. There are some types of schools, like reform schools or private schools, where uniforms are particularly appropriate. Those who want to offer them should be allowed to. Individual choice is better than control.

• They are good

They improve the academics of students plus most uniforms don't have the kids names on them. Also there will be a lot less bullying on the type of clothes kids are wearing. This will lead to less stress for kids when they are thinking on what to wear so that they wont get bullied. Uniforms also shows formality and make kids look more respectful towards there adults. My last reason why i think they are good is because it makes the school one big family and no one gets left out from that family.

Themachoman says2013-12-03T22:23:09.010
Uniforms are good