• Equality and reputation

School Uniform can promote equality by ensuring that every student is equal. Not every family can afford to buy their children designer clothes and well known brands. By having school uniform everyone will be dressed the same and this prevents the less well off pupils from being stigmatised.

School Uniform like any other uniform also identifies the individual to those around them. In the case of schools they, a well behaved pupil wearing the school uniform will create a good image of the school. This does work both ways as a poorly behaved pupil can damage the schools reputation. The public can identify the school by what its pupils are wearing and inform the school accordantly - schools tend to like to hear that their pupils have done good deeds in their communities.

• Clothing is Expression

School uniforms should not be required. Why would we teach children that the only way to make them equal is by taking away a tool they can use to express themselves? If kids are being bullied because of the clothes they wear, that's not right but that doesn't mean we take away the ability to show a part of who our kids are through clothing.

• Wearing a school uniform doesnt means communist!

Wearing a school uniform is a rule for us to be tidy and not too comfortable in school. I mean its okay to use those clothes but not in school! School is a place where you study, not where you show off your body. Also, if we wear a "wrong" shirt we would get bullied. Its just a rule so we can be tidy, not saying we should be equal!

• School uniforms should be required!!!!!!!

I believe that schools should wear uniforms because just think like what if there was a shooting in your community just like the shooting in Florida people will know who you are if everyone is equal just think with uniforms people will know where you come from and how to get you to shelter.

• Its not about you

I get that uniforms suck but that doesn't mean we should be able to wear whatever we want. When you're older and you get a job are they going to be letting you wear crop tops, joggers, tank top, skinny jeans, etc., to work. NO! There is going to be a uniform you have to wear. Also why should we kids be getting so much freedom and telling school systems that we should be able to wear whatever we want. Like no its not our job

• It doesn't have to be super nice clothes

Schools con opt for a more comfortable approach like sweat pants and a school sweatshirt as long as everyone wears the same thing it doesn't matter or they could switch up the clothes for the day . It is also cheaper to by a uniform than a usual amount of clothes.

• Every one is equal in school

If there is uniform, people will never know who is rich or not, and there fore, every one will be treated same.And they will always be same for being a student. I want school to be equal, not unfair, and wearing a uniform is a first step to do that.

• Never. Never. Never.

So annoying to wake up and wear the uniform. So bad to students. >:( not fair i mean like not fair to students not fair not fair!!!!! Why.................................................................................... So not fair to students. In my country students have to wear uniform till college. University onwards dont need to wear, luckily.

• I think kids should wear uniforms because it stops most of the bullying.

I think kids should have school uniforms because it starts argument and it starts with nice clothes : not then ends up with wepons killing . I think kids in high school have the tiype of teachers that will will just let them kill each other .But in my opinion,school uniforms should be required

• School uniforms should be required..

Educators and experts who are pro school uniforms believe that uniforms contribute positively to students' behavior. They believe that when students wear uniforms, they feel more professional and behave accordingly. Many educators believe that students can become distracted by fashion trends and status symbol clothing. Therefore, when all students are dressed in regulation uniforms, there is less focus on fashion in the classroom and more focus on learning. When there's no debate on what a student is allowed wear to school, mornings are easier for parents and for kids. Everyone knows exactly what the kids need to wear, their regulated school uniform. This can lead to a decrease in morning arguments. Many experts believe that when the entire student body is dressed in uniforms, they develop a stronger team mentality. When they are all dressed alike, their all-for-one-and-one-for-all comradery is boosted.

• No, school uniforms should NOT be required in schools.

I personally believe that when kids wear their " STREET" clothes they are expressing how they feel. Kids wear certain clothes because that's the kind of clothes they like. If kids wore uniforms everyday to school, they would all look alike. You wouldn't be able to tell which people were your friends because everyone would be wearing the same outfit. Plus you can tell all the kids apart. You can tell if they are fun to play with or if they're boring. You can also tell if the kids are your friends or if they aren't. NO: I don't think schools should make kids wear uniforms.

• We feel constricted.

It makes kids feel awful. To wake up in the morning and see that we can't be allowed to be free and have the freedom to make a choice it just makes us feel sad. We shouldn't have to wear them. It is awful to see the blandness of schools with no color.

• No, we need freedom.

I think we should be able to express ourselves through how people see us. When we go off to college or to a job, we won't know how to express ourselves and won't know what to do. And when we finally learn, we will be able to express ourselves, so we should learn now and later we won't have to worry.

• Children express themselves through clothing.

School uniforms should not be required in public schools for children to wear. I grew up in a school that did not have dress codes, and since I was into what was "stylish" I enjoyed choosing what to wear. Lots of kids use clothing as a fun, harmless way to express themselves.

Some people may argue that a child could get bullied if they don't have or can't afford certain brands or styles of clothing. I have not seen this happen, and I believe that schools should be teaching kids not to bully rather than take away a medium for expressing themselves.

Others say that it is less stressful and quicker to have a predetermined uniform to wear every day rather than taking the time and energy to look stylish. But it is very possible to still look decent in a minimal amount of time. Sweatshirts, t-shirts and jeans are outfits are as simple to put together as a uniform.

Still others argue that having stylish clothes in school is distracting. But there will still be school rules to monitor what kind of clothes are and aren't permitted. Besides, school shouldn't be a dull place- it should promote independence and creativity. And one way to do this is through fashion.

I still believe that uniforms can be allowed in private schools, since families choose to send their kids there, and if that school happens to have a uniform, they are choosing to go there.

• Economic condition of a person

The economic condition of every person are not equal some are very rich and are poor. We see that school always changes the uniform and those people who are rich then can prefer it very easily but those who are poor with much difficulty they send their ward to school and every time the change of uniform how will they prefer it. So, I strongly oppose the need of school uniform. Theu need education not school uniform..

• School Uniforms Not compulsory

Everything should be equal? No, school uniforms should not be mandatory. People argue that requiring school uniforms equalizes the children economically, and would somehow put a stop to bullying (which has very little to do with clothing regardless). If we are trying to equalize everyone, should we also stop giving out report cards, letting highschoolers wear makeup, and start telling them they can only drive certain cars because other cars may give off the vibe that they are wealthier than other students?

• Feel free to be comfortable.

When my brother was small he didn't talk much so he hated words and when he went to a private school he wore uniforms but my mom had a load of laundry and my brother went to school. People were bullying him because he didn't talk much so we were shocked to see him get bullied so I say no!!!

• Let them be themselves

While I do think school uniforms help the students look more presentable, I do not think they should be required in public schools. Private and religious school already require them, as it is. In public schools, students should remain allowed to wear what they wish, keeping in the guidelines, of course.

• Comfort is important too!

While education is important, students should feel comfortable while absorbing what information they can. Having to cope with a tight collar or itchy trousers could make a pupil unfocused. To add on, students are free to choose what type of clothing to wear according to the weather. If it is hot, they wear something light and short. If they feel cold, they wear something long and thick.

• Everything should be equal?

No, school uniforms should not be mandatory. People argue that requiring school uniforms equalizes the children economically, and would somehow put a stop to bullying (which has very little to do with clothing regardless). If we are trying to equalize everyone, should we also stop giving out report cards, letting highschoolers wear makeup, and start telling them they can only drive certain cars because other cars may give off the vibe that they are wealthier than other students?

This is America, not a communist nation...