• My whole school will agree with me, most of them

I think you need a shorter school year because school is way to long. People dont need 6-9 hours a day you only need like four hours of school because some kids cant remember every thing there teacher teach them. I do think you should still go to school because you don´t want o be like a cave man and don´t know how to talk or anything, when you grow up. Having a shorter school year is better for the kids because they should not spend more than half of you day on school and homework. But you should go to collage because then you will have a more better life and you will be doing something you actually want to do.

• Yay shorter school

School is long and hard and kids are tired of it. Just think, you see your teachers and classmates more than you see your own family. It’s very sad. Plus it’s longer summer for teachers and students and everyone has that trouble maker in their class, and that REALLY stresses out teachers too. Plus you are being told what to do and when to do it every day. That is all I have to say.

• School should be shorter

School stresses everyone out. Studying for tests is not idea of fun. School is for learning but it’s not, it’s all about grades and no one actually learns anything. We all get stressed over grades, and when work is supposed to be done. It’s not about the grades, it’s about you’re learning and how to take care of your responsibilities.
    So many parents waste their money on classes we won’t even need in the future. No one wants to spend their life in school when they have a life to live. In the end, all you need is common sense.

• Many reasons for shorter school years, lets get started.

Ok so, how many of you kids out there are tired of school, well I'm here to talk about that today, I will start out in the morning. So the night before school, I start to wonder, why do I have to wake up, so I can go to school?? I wish I could just stay home. Ok that's enough complaining, lets get to the beef. As you have all compared prison to school, well here is some evidence of that: Being told when to wake up, being told when to eat, being told when to leave, being told when to do something, being told exactly how, and what to do, yeah, that's something I call prison/school. Now how many of you kids get bombed each marking period for a bad report card, and then you even tried your best but still cant pull up that grade to pass. Well your not alone, theres what like, millions of other kids out there who feel the same way, your not the only one. And why on earth do we waste so much money for classes we don't even need for our future???? I know someone who wants to be a dog walker, oh yeah its soooo clear that we need math and science, and don't forget about earth and space, cause we totally need that for walking dogs right. Everyday for walking dogs I'm sure they need to calculate the amount of crap that blasts out of dogs and how many bags they need each day! And science, I'm speechless, its ridiculous!! And do you want to know why teachers are so mean??? Well ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your buns, its because they make so $$ a week, and if you knew that, go get a back massage good job! Yeah teachers don't really care about us, they say they care about our success, success my butt, they don't care squat, and if they bomb me for this, that's bologna because I'm not even in school! And my idea for dates of school, I say we start October 11th, (cause why not) then end it last day of April, or 1st day of May, that way we all have many days of summer, teachers you have summer off to so this should be a win win, and if you don't agree, then I don't know what kind of coffee you drank, I'm guessing its some good coffee, freaking $600 a week, at least!! Teachers sweet lord cut some slack on us, we are just kids, some kids don't come to school, or don't wake up at all because of you teachers, well the mean ones, keep it up good teachers! And chill out with the tests and homework, is 7 hours, 5 days straight, 10 months, 12 years +!! Is that not good enough for you, HUH!?!?!?!! Well you can go shove it up yours, I ran out of words, I'm so mad at school, Bye bye, :D

• Students really need to get time with their family

Most students get extremely stressed out when a test or important assignment needs to be turned in on time. Also, they say that school is for learning purposes, but all they find important is the student's grades. When students have their grades it doesn't always reflect what they really know about the assignment. It doesn't reflect what they know because they are always stressed out from the assignment

• Yes they should

School years should be so much shorter because kids get so stressed by all the work, and they don't get to spend that much time with their families, fun fact the average human after graduating college has spent most their life in school. These are some reasons that school years should be shorter.

• Can focus on our career dream

If we want to be the best mma fighter or best singer or want to make an invention that can change the world we need less school year and more time to our own time for us to work on our future and dream and all we do is just learn the same thing over and over again ever year

• Can focus on our career dream

• Kids are stressed

Do you want to put pressure on your children? They’re just trying to learn. Parents can put so much pressure on their kids to get good grades. Now if your child is failing then that’s another story, but as long as they learn then your parenting is pretty much done.

• School years should be shorter

School years should be shorter because the length that the school years are now are stressing students out and all they are thinking about is when they are going to get out of school. The opposing argument states that schools around the world have longer school years so we should too, however we are not around the world we are america and we should not have a longer school year

• School Years should be longer.

School years should be longer to get that extra education in. If school years are shorter, teachers won't be able to teach you as much as they what to teach you. With longer school years you can be smarter. Even though most children don't like school, I think it is a great idea to have longer school years so there is a better chance for you to get in college.

• The school year and school day should be expanded

The united states is somewhere at number 25 in math and science. There should be more school to offset the education gap between the us and eastern Asian countries. Those countries have longer school years and school days. Yes there should be more school more school for the united states

• School Years Should Be Longer

It has been showed through international tests, that American schools fall somewhere in the middle, as far as education goes. Therefore, it would be nonsensical to shorten the school years in America, if anything they need to be extended while improving curriculum at the same time. While Americans seem to detest school and homework, compared to the rest of the world, we're just average.

• Longer School Year

Although I understand that school can be stressful to students, it is necessary for being successful in this day and age. Shorter School years mean we retain less information over the summer. This means we have to relearn everything at the beginning of the year, which nobody wants. The school year here has recently been shortened, so we now only have 3 extra days, but there have been at least 5 snow days. This means that other days off have had to be removed. Everyone here is complaining that the year is shorter; students, teachers, and parents alike.

• The school year should be shorter

Even with a long school year, students still don't seem to get enough education. By having longer days, you can squeeze in more essential subjects (Coding, Fine arts) and remember more of it. Longer school years only makes students stressful and not want to go to school. By shortening school years, students can look forward to summer AND the coming year.

• School years should be shorter!

What if the school year keeps getting longer and longer until it gets so long that there isn't even summer? We need a break from school and if we don't get one, we will be too exhausted to even go to school! Plus teachers will keep teaching and teaching and they won't even get paid without summer! It will be madness, we should be happy for how long the school year is right now, but school is great! This is just my opinion.

• Yes it should because

Its like a compromise because kids dont whant to go to school but its a law that you have to. Its shorter but you are still going to school. Plus it could cause kids to like shcool or mabey they could even be a little exited to go to their school