• It cause to much sters on students with homework and sports

Poeple (when get home work) pu to much stres on a person when doing sports. They think to them selfes what the need to do nad find out that they have no free time to hang out with friends or even have fun. But if the school year was shorter the would find that the stress goes away faster than normal nad will have more free time over summer

• Kids need more breaks

Sometimes i see my friends dozing off and sometimes i do to it is because school days are way to long for us that is why most kids are so happy to get out of school because it takes forever and most kids don't even like school for that reason

• Because it is to long

H h hhhh h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h

• They should for a good reason

As a student I know how I learn. Studies prove that you can only do 50 mins of intensive study and then your brain goes to mush and you need to take a break. I think the same theory applies to school years as I become very tired and less focused (I come home and pass out, is that saying something?

• Jnllyhgbuvk uhoiygoy jkhfiuse

Ygflui ihobiy b gn uhniou hlih hnjihji joi jyij hbl iyjhlulihuhuiuh u tyguyhgh 98ru t greuo oruhurhkr hrther euh eruth rt hrth hryh ryth ryth uhuwrth iwurhytiurhyt yheuryht u hrtu huyhyh yi huyheyhyuh y h yh yht te hyh teurthuyer ry tuy hertuhu t huyhtru thui hriuh iu hrtu httu htu

• The school year should be shorter

Even with a long school year, students still don't seem to get enough education. By having longer days, you can squeeze in more essential subjects (Coding, Fine arts) and remember more of it. Longer school years only makes students stressful and not want to go to school. By shortening school years, students can look forward to summer AND the coming year.

• Schools should be short.

Students dont need extra education to become rich or well educated.
    Because the criminals all around new zealand are rich because they dont need to no fees, taxs or anything except for drugs.. But people who are well educated and go to university are broke because all the stuff they have to pay off. Kenneth.

• I hate school

I don't see how teachers like school and think that we also like I and bore us with all there words but the only time that I would actually like school is if we do nothing all day long and if you don't like school then leave all your comments.

• School should be shortened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"School sucks" is what a lot of people say because they have to deal with it for ten months and seven hours a day and five days a week and only two days off and what I'm trying to say is that we need more time in the summertime to have fun and read whatever we want and let the math and other stuff sink in so we can understand it.

• Yes yes yes

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• School Years should be longer.

School years should be longer to get that extra education in. If school years are shorter, teachers won't be able to teach you as much as they what to teach you. With longer school years you can be smarter. Even though most children don't like school, I think it is a great idea to have longer school years so there is a better chance for you to get in college.

• The school year and school day should be expanded

The united states is somewhere at number 25 in math and science. There should be more school to offset the education gap between the us and eastern Asian countries. Those countries have longer school years and school days. Yes there should be more school more school for the united states

• School Years Should Be Longer

It has been showed through international tests, that American schools fall somewhere in the middle, as far as education goes. Therefore, it would be nonsensical to shorten the school years in America, if anything they need to be extended while improving curriculum at the same time. While Americans seem to detest school and homework, compared to the rest of the world, we're just average.

• The school year should be shorter

• School years should be shorter!

What if the school year keeps getting longer and longer until it gets so long that there isn't even summer? We need a break from school and if we don't get one, we will be too exhausted to even go to school! Plus teachers will keep teaching and teaching and they won't even get paid without summer! It will be madness, we should be happy for how long the school year is right now, but school is great! This is just my opinion.

• Yes it should because

Its like a compromise because kids dont whant to go to school but its a law that you have to. Its shorter but you are still going to school. Plus it could cause kids to like shcool or mabey they could even be a little exited to go to their school

• The School Year Needs To Be Longer.

I am against shortening the school year. If we shortened the school year then we wouldn’t be able to projects or go on field trips like the beach field trip towards the end of the year. Teachers reteach most thing because we have such a long summer vacation. If we started school in early August and ended school in late June then our minds would remember more so teachers would reteach less so we could learn more for the next year. We also spend too much time on electronics and our minds will lose memory because of all the screen time. Teachers don’t get paid in the summer. They need money to live and survive like everyone else. Some teachers don’t have enough money for the long summer break and need the break to be shorter so they can get paid. With longer school years, then in the next year learn a more of what you're going to learn in the next grade to prepare you for college. Without school you wouldn't be able to get a job, earn money, raise a family or survive in the real world. School also has a computer education program. If you wanted to be a computer programmer then in school you can learn the basics so you can advance in college. If you wanted to play musical instruments as a job in the real world there is a music program. School teaches you the basics of life so when you get to college then you will be able to make it in life.

• School should be longer

Over the summer, you lose so much knowledge...What a waste !! Modernize to 2000's. We should get off on holidays and have breaks off like weeks at a time. 3 months is too long to be off. Sometimes I do nothing but sit around the house. I can see how some like summer vacation because you get time to go places, but its not always convenient..

• The school year should be loooonger!!!

Schools around the world have longer school years so it wont hurt if American schools have a longer school year too. Also some kids dont even have the chance to got to school and they would love to have an education. We should be glad we get to go to school.