Should Schools allow or inforce Church/Religious activities during school hours? (bible studies, reading bibles in school, promoting church activity, etc..)

Asked by: Now_you_do
  • Schools should not enforce religion on schools

Its against the law and it forces people with other religions to feel outcast and they are forced to believe and do something that isn't practicably useful and they don't want to learn it in the first place. In all they dont want to learn about it and it will most likely make them feel sucluded, wrong, and will probably hate coming to school

• Religious activities should be allowed but never inforced

Before I make my point I want to make one thing clear. Religious activities should never be forced upon a student in any circumstance. But I believe that students should feel free to express their beliefs by the protection of the 1st amendment. When it comes what the school offers for religious activities, I believe that they are fine as long as each student has a choice. I would even say that I would support public schools teaching courses on the various religions fitting the demiographof the district

• Well the prompt is half right..

I think that actually enforcing a religion is a step too far, unless you chose a private Catholic school (Then you get what you pay for). But stopping kids from praying at lunch because it "Offends People" is ridiculous. Why should my child keep her religion in the dark so your little special snowflake atheist son can feel pandered too?

• Only Private Schools

Look here!!! There are Private Schools that study the Bible and learn about God but not in Public Schools, so there are already Schools teaching it but what annoys me is how parents send their kids to a Private School then complain about it, well you sent them there and Students who go to a Private School are required to study the Bible!!!

• No thank you.

Lets children grow and learn without indoctrinating the little buggers with made up fables. I would have no problem with religion in schools if at the age of eleven we owned up and say 'sorry kids just like father xmas we made it all up'. Joking aside I have no problem teaching the cultural and traditional history of world religions or making the facility's available for after school activities. I do have a problem with anti-science uncritical teaching as if it was the unquestionable truth. Teach the controversy.

• Really it's a matter of yes and no

I think they should allow kids to take a religious class but I don't think they should be forced to take the class, and also if the school is going to allow any classes for religion at all they can't just have a class for one religion. That's wouldn't be fair to the other people who attend that school who dosen't believe in that religion, think about the others who don't share the same religion, why not have a class for them too? This is just my personal opinion.

• No schools should not

Schools should not be allowed to religious activities in school simple because school is religion free. We should be allowed to express our own opinions and beliefs with school interference. Making kids read the bible or promoting churches is against polices of most schools, but some schools have ignored problems.