• As a teacher I find them the biggest time wasting device ever

Over the last 10 years they have caused more distraction and off task behavior than anything else I've ever encountered in the classroom, and also added to social mayhem through text bullying and arranged truancy. They also contribute to crime such as arranging drug deals and other illicit activities. Definitely no real place for them in classrooms.

• Cell phones distract kids from school.

Yes, schools should ban phones because kids sneak into the girls' locker room, can discreetly take nude photos of them, and the reason sneaking in is so easy is because boys can disguise themselves as a girl and can hid by the entrance and can take a quick photo and run. Another reason is kids can send these photos to friends and they can send those to other friends and they can post them on Facebook. Social Network during class is a huge distraction, kids as above will post the nude pictures, and can disguise it by changing there name as one of the biggest troublemakers in the class and will get away with it. Nerds can get away with watching anime
    on phones is because the will hide the phone in their desk and watch their video.

• Yes, absolutely ban cell phones in school

Cell phones are a constant distraction as is obvious to anyone who has been in a public place recently. People obsessively check their cell phones as if any minute they expect to receive an important call. Children and teenagers are very interested in their social lives, and are not immune to this obsession. Even if the phone is in their lockers during class time they would probably be distracted by wondering if they have any calls and not being able to wait to check for them. One of the major problems in teaching is the problem of keeping your students' concentration from wandering, and if a cell phone is anywhere nearby they will probably be thinking about that often. It's an unnecessary distraction.

• Cell Phones Are Distractions in School

Yes, schools should ban cell phones. Cell phones have no place in the classroom. Students should be allowed to have cell phones as long as they are kept in their lockers and used at lunch times only. Cell phones are distractions that take a student’s mind away from what is being taught. Even if a cell phone is in a pocket and muted, the vibration of an incoming call or message is still a distraction for the student. Students have a hard enough time keeping their minds on their school work – they don’t need the added distraction of a cell phone.

• Cell phones do not help kids concentrate

Cell phones are a huge distraction in school. First of all, there is the problem with ringing cell phones during class. When the classroom is silent, and a cell phone rings, there will be a huge distraction not only to the kids but to the teacher as well, because of the sudden noise. Then, students can access the internet over their phone and play games instead of doing their work, like they're supposed to. They can watch videos while the teacher is talking and that is very, very, very disrespectful. They can cheat on tests by using search websites to cheat by plagiarizing others' work. Also, there is another problem. Some people claim that music helps them concentrate. There was this person who was concentrating greatly, until she started playing music. Then instead of doing her work, she was actually listening to music.

• Pics and other things

People taking pics of other people and putting it on the internet. They are showing other people people who ether do not want to be on the internet. Means BIG BIG BIG trouble from your teacher looking on the internet. Can get suspended or expelled.📷📷📷 Also it is wasting your time. 📱📱📱📱

• Pics and other things

• The phone needs to be banned

They use it for cheating , send inappropriate content , play games or set up drug deals. The students bring like Samsung galaxy S7 , iphone SE , iPhone 6 plus so there might be a chance of getting stolen . It also affects the grades of the students . It is not the mobile phones problem it is the feeling power of the students that phone gives them

• The phone needs to be banned

• Yes, cell phones need to be banned

Cell phones are distracting and disruptive. It can also cause huge issues in the learning environment. But if you think about the No side, they have a good point. It can be used as a mobile textbook. Such as camera for taking pictures of new assignments or unfinished notes. Also dictionary and Internet can be responsively used during it. I also think it should be considered used at a responsible time and with teacher permission.

• Well no I think schools should not ban sell phones

It can help us learn like for an ex:
    Emergency,research,grades,reminders,aid learning process, and dictionary so that's why I think it's dumb not to have sell phones I get that it could cause cheating , cyber bullying , distractions , and off task I get it ok but for once listen to us kids 🤗

• Absolutely not!

School definitely should not ban cell phones. A student having a cell phone provides peace and comfort to both the student, and the parents. It's important for students to have them in case of emergencies; especially when a student is walking to school and home from school. It also helps in case of school emergencies.

• Because I said no

Teachers shouldn't prohibit cell phone because what if you need to contact your parents to pick you up from school. I know a few people who don't have phones and they have no social life. Also phones can help you during school. Students are obsessed with many social media and they can worry about that after school.

• Because they can be used as a learning tool

Hello I'm a principal of a school in Texas i allow my students to have their phones because it makes it easier for people to contact them during emergencys and it saves us a lot of money because we dont have to buy expensive technology and they can easily accesses the web and research

• Because Devin said no

Why you may ask?? Well Devin said no because no is no and if he did say yes it would've of been yes but instead he said no so therefore in conclusion it is a no because no is a no that cant be changed into a yes because its a no

• I think noo

Because it isn't a distraction to students.If there's an emergency that student with the cell phone might have the only phone that may work. Or if there's an emergency and in that situation they need to call there parents and the office phone doesn't work they would use the cell phone that they have. Also if there's a family emergency at home and the parents want to notify that student about it they would only know during school with a cell phone.

• Let students have cell phones!

As a student I can tell you phones are not the problem when it comes to distractions in school. Teachers are constantly on the look out for people with their phones out. Cell phones provide students with a way of communication with the outside world. You could argue that students can just use a phone in the office but just letting the kid text would be much easier. During free time we don't work on school work (we know that we should) we play on our phones, but if you take the phones away we still won't be doing schoolwork. I hate to say it but we need cell phones they provide us with a quicker, easier, and less awkward way of communication.