• Don't need them.

I'm a High School teacher and they are nothing but a distraction. There is no compelling reason to keep them as there is a phone in every classroom if a student needs to contact a parent, it's what we did for years and it worked fine. The only reason the NO vote is higher is because all the kids with phones voted lol.

• As a teacher I find them the biggest time wasting device ever

Over the last 10 years they have caused more distraction and off task behavior than anything else I've ever encountered in the classroom, and also added to social mayhem through text bullying and arranged truancy. They also contribute to crime such as arranging drug deals and other illicit activities. Definitely no real place for them in classrooms.

• Cell phones distract kids from school.

Yes, schools should ban phones because kids sneak into the girls' locker room, can discreetly take nude photos of them, and the reason sneaking in is so easy is because boys can disguise themselves as a girl and can hid by the entrance and can take a quick photo and run. Another reason is kids can send these photos to friends and they can send those to other friends and they can post them on Facebook. Social Network during class is a huge distraction, kids as above will post the nude pictures, and can disguise it by changing there name as one of the biggest troublemakers in the class and will get away with it. Nerds can get away with watching anime
    on phones is because the will hide the phone in their desk and watch their video.

• Yes, absolutely ban cell phones in school

Cell phones are a constant distraction as is obvious to anyone who has been in a public place recently. People obsessively check their cell phones as if any minute they expect to receive an important call. Children and teenagers are very interested in their social lives, and are not immune to this obsession. Even if the phone is in their lockers during class time they would probably be distracted by wondering if they have any calls and not being able to wait to check for them. One of the major problems in teaching is the problem of keeping your students' concentration from wandering, and if a cell phone is anywhere nearby they will probably be thinking about that often. It's an unnecessary distraction.

• Cell Phones Are Distractions in School

Yes, schools should ban cell phones. Cell phones have no place in the classroom. Students should be allowed to have cell phones as long as they are kept in their lockers and used at lunch times only. Cell phones are distractions that take a student’s mind away from what is being taught. Even if a cell phone is in a pocket and muted, the vibration of an incoming call or message is still a distraction for the student. Students have a hard enough time keeping their minds on their school work – they don’t need the added distraction of a cell phone.

• Cell phones do not help kids concentrate

Cell phones are a huge distraction in school. First of all, there is the problem with ringing cell phones during class. When the classroom is silent, and a cell phone rings, there will be a huge distraction not only to the kids but to the teacher as well, because of the sudden noise. Then, students can access the internet over their phone and play games instead of doing their work, like they're supposed to. They can watch videos while the teacher is talking and that is very, very, very disrespectful. They can cheat on tests by using search websites to cheat by plagiarizing others' work. Also, there is another problem. Some people claim that music helps them concentrate. There was this person who was concentrating greatly, until she started playing music. Then instead of doing her work, she was actually listening to music.

• There is another place were cell phones belong...GARBAGE

Cellphones don't belong in school. It is because students will just concentrate to their phones and they will not concentrate from there studies and they can also cheat by checking their phones and searching the answer and students can also search bad stuff in the internet. So that is why we why cellphones should be banned in school. :)

• Well no I think schools should not ban sell phones

It can help us learn like for an ex:
    Emergency,research,grades,reminders,aid learning process, and dictionary so that's why I think it's dumb not to have sell phones I get that it could cause cheating , cyber bullying , distractions , and off task I get it ok but for once listen to us kids 🤗

• I think no !

The kids might have to research on something while the school might have no computer at all and their teachers asked them to finish it in maybe for a half and hour . If your child doesn't know what to do and maybe your teacher then complains to their parents . So my suggestion is to let all people know that school should not ban CELLPHONES

• Absolutely not!

School definitely should not ban cell phones. A student having a cell phone provides peace and comfort to both the student, and the parents. It's important for students to have them in case of emergencies; especially when a student is walking to school and home from school. It also helps in case of school emergencies.

• Chicken Nugget Bitch

Cell Phones should not be banned because we are not in the stone age if we were everyone would not know that their are languages, and if we did ban phones. No calculators and no one knows what 9+10 is and everyone knows chicken nugget watermelon KFC for diabete Fatasses

• Fone need allowed

I wan't my fone in class cause I need to pley Fortnite on my fone: thats stupied how could they du this too the students. I need to get all the vicry royals as possibley. My pricipel is a idiot. Whie would they du that to the stuedents. I say no" and I em the voice of the stuedents. Fight you're teachers pley fortnite and get you're vicry royals.

• All of the "yes" are teachers

I do not think that cellphones should be banned in school because they can help with anxiety. Plus, all of the "yes" ONLY state the bad things. There are perks to having a phone, even in school. One of those reasons is that they can comfort people. That 43% of people is only because someone posted the same thing 4 times.

• We need Connection

Teachers have a right to be annoyed when we are using our phones in school, but we have the right to use the phone. Teachers think that every time a kid pulls their phone out in class that they are texting someone or playing a game, but that isn't always true and yet they take that as the answer and embarrass kid in front of others. I am a 6th grader and I know this. Please check a students answer before you take their phones away, because they might need that phone really bad.

• Teachers are being very immature because they don't like seeing phones because they don't know how to use it wright and we do.

I tested all my teachers in 6th grade and 7 out of 10 of them couldn't even find out how to buy an app. Then I tested 10 of my fellow students and 0 out of 10 didn't know how to use the app store. After i posted the results the gave me detention because i said that they didn't know how to use a phone.

• Phones are essential in this day and age.

Of course, they should NOT be used while in class as they distract students, but banning cell phones from schools completely is a bad idea. Our whole lives are on our phones; this goes for both adults and teenagers. Reminders, contacting loved ones, personal details... What if something bad happens to a family member while the student is at school but they cannot be reached because they don't have their phone with them? Another aspect to consider is the danger with school shootings - cell phones can protect students. In a world surrounded by technology, I think that banning cell phones completely from schools is absurd.

• A ban isn't necessary.

Of course, there's got to be limits. There should be times where they should be prohibited, such as during tests. However, there should be times where students have the option to pull out their phones, such as during lunch, break, and/or recess.
    In the classroom, phones should also be allowed during work time because it allows access to resources for assignments or music. If a student uses their phone in class irresponsibility, such as during a lecture solely to ignore the lesson, then their grade may drop. If used responsibly, however, a student can potentially be free to spend time on their phone while keeping up with the class. The only time where I support confiscation of phones is when students are using their phones in the classroom with the clear intent on distracting others. Besides that, teachers confiscating them on sight simply because a ban has been put in place, with no other reason, seems unjustified.