• Children should not play ball sports because...

Children can get really hurt and they could also get angry at each other. They make way to much of noise and most of all they can get in trouble by playing with older year levels to them and I know that because one day my some came home and said I gat in trouble.

• Bbbbb bbbbbb b

G g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g gg g g gg g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Bbbbb bbbbbb b

• No, why should they?

There are far too many ways children can get hurt in life, and who says balls are to blame? To be honest, banning balls is just an overreaction - if kids are complaining about being scared that balls will hit them or actually having a ball hit them, tell them to stay away from the soccer games. If your child comes home and tells you that they got hurt, you shouldn't get upset and call the school directly, saying that they should ban balls. This ban would upset more kids than getting in trouble because of a ball or getting hit by one. Problems must be faced head-on, as avoidance strategies such as this sort of ban could cause much worse trouble than there would've been if you had just given the children a lecture in the first place.

• No, as they are a feature in many if not most playground games.

Balls are needed for most of the staples of playground entertainment: basketball, soccer, four-square, kickball, dodgeball. To ban balls would significantly limit children's choices and hinder their bonding and stunt their social growth. If a particular type of ball has proven troublesome then it would be okay to remove one option. Also, if a particular child is a frequent problem, teachers could forbid him from engaging in games that use balls.

• NO way, Jose!

Sports & games build skill and confidence. I can't imagine why balls should be BANNED completely. Obviously if an idiot kid abuses the privilege of having recess/play time, there should be consequences. What does banning balls from recess teach anyone?
    What does that help?
    A ball is simple ingredient to any childhood game, besides duck-duck-goose. I can't see the HELP in banning balls.