Should schools ban using the words boys and girls?

Asked by: jjohnmusic11
  • Yes: trying to force the children into a black and white world of gender roles at such an early age is detrimental to their development

By segregating the children with terms like boys and girls, those students are learning that they are supposed to live up to that term the school calls them. By letting the school decide this for the children, it hinders and will likely create deep emotional problems in many of the children that otherwise would have been able to determine their own gender identity on their own. Schools should just be referring to the students as children, and not "Boys" and "Girls" which likely is the cause of many emotional problems as these children grow up.

• Don't want spare chromosomes

Yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes yes i love me some chromsomes

• What the Hell?

By banning these words you are not allowing people to claim they are a "girl" or "boy". What in the world am I supposed to call my friends who claim to be "boy" or "girl"? This is absolutely ridiculous & I am laughing out loud at this question. I do not understand this one bit.

• What is this irrationality?

We were were all born either a boy or girl, why is it a big deal to be called what you are. When ya'll were young you all had parents calling you: my little boy/girl. What else are you going to call the two opposite genders? North pole and south poles? I don't think so.

• Ummm.... Wait what?

Ban the words "boys" and "girls"? I'm all for supporting whatever gender you believe you are, but banning two words that identify one's sex is just plain ridiculous. It in no way affects others negatively. The only way it would is if someone was bullying another, calling them a "boy" or "girl" when they are not. But that's bullying that should be banned. Not words.

• Come on people...

Of course not. This is absurd claiming that there is anything OTHER than Boys & Girls is nothing short of a delusion (A belief or altered reality that is persistently held despite evidence or agreement to the contrary.) if a pupil prefers to be referred to as something else, then by all means let them. But don’t promote fallacies By having a corporation wide blanket ban on a universally accepted truth. Reals over feels.

• No Negative Effects Proven

I do not see any reasons why. There are no negative effects that are totally exclusive to the opposing side. It is beneficial NOT to ban it for the sole reason that the school has its own rules and regulations to follow, which makes the use of such words not harmful to its students. It would not undermine the sole purpose of the school since it is a place of learning, after all, and using such words MIGHT even be helpful to its pupils/students.

• Why would you do that?

I mean I understand that some people don´t like their gender or are not their gender or something, but getting rid of those words? Isn´t that a bit extreme? What would people call each other (instead of boy and girl) and there are already words like they and them. Why not just use those words instead of completely changing the basic English language?

• This is retrarded

Whoever thinks yes is in need of immediate mental assistance and should have no access to the internet whoever thinks yes is in need of immediate mental assistance and should have no access to the internetwhoever thinks yes is in need of immediate mental assistance and should have no access to the internet

• This Is so dumb

The fact that this is even an issue around this is insane to me, You are male or female girl or boy. There is nothing wrong with that. How are you offended by what you are. If someone wants to be referred to as something else than let that be so. But, at the end of the day we are all either girl or boy.

• No, absolutely not!

When the school starts telling people how to talk to one another, there is a problem. This would be an absolute violation of a students free speech and this would allow the administration to punish students who misuse or "assume" a persons gender. Once you start banning speech, you are going down a slippery slope. What's next? Forcing students to use gender neutral pronouns? The schools and government should not be telling people what and how to say something.

• Hell no i think that boy and girl should stay the same

Why because it has stayed the same for well since GOD made this earth plus it would cost schools hundreds to make gender free bathrooms all i am trying to say is we should keep girl and boy in the whole school system that is what i am trying to say

jden092 says2017-11-10T06:11:02.927
WTF? Is this seriously a topic?
Cartoonmorpherguy says2017-11-19T21:56:16.767
This is messed up on so many levels. As a transman I know for a fact that Girls and boys are not something that should be erased. People clearly can't be right in the head to even think such an act? What's next ban the word Black? Mexican? White? Asian? Let's just call us people there's no such thing as race. Just like there's no such thing as mother or father? That's outdated? This is insane!