• Yes they should

They should extend the time of school because you can fit more lessons into the days lesson plan , and you can get three days off of school! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Your can take tests earlier and be more prepared because you have an extended period so you can get the most out o every lesson. You can also relieve the stress of studying by a day or two. It just seems to make more sense to me. Or you can just go to extra curricular activities in your school, for me I use AM (Accelerated Math) and i go to HE (Honors English) as well as CT (Computer Technology) they are really fun as well :)

• I really really hate school

School should be only like 5 hours long like my friend felisha said she hates school very much she only goes to see a boy she calls sir we are really sick of school literally so no we dont think school should be longer at all we really hate school yea

• I really really hate school

• I really really hate school

• No not longer at all

I dont think school should be longer at all because of all the home work they give us im sick of school i hate school i think school should be at least longer than 2 hours like 3 hours because we only go to school to see our friends and boyfriends or girlfriends i mean come on school needs to be 3 hours long

• No not longer at all

• School is long enough already.

The school day starts extremely early, much earlier than most 9-5 work days (mine starts at 7:45!) and students are usually exhausted with their abundant schoolwork, and toppling amounts of homework! They barely have time to do their homework and extracurricular with a seven hour school day, and then get 9 hours of sleep! It's just not mathematically impossible!

• Of course not

Kids already don't get a lot of sleep because of all the school work assigned, early mornings, and still wanting time to themselves. Then there's also so much stress out on students about testing and keeping up with every class, they need time to relax and focus on other things going on in their life. School is not the only thing students should be focusing on, they have a life outside of school. And adding more hours in school will keep them from enjoying that time. More hours seem unnecessary and can push people past their limit in school.

• School is already too much

According to statistics, high-schoolers have the stress levels of a person who was in a mental ward in the 50s. We have seven hours of work five days away, and then hours of homework to complete when we get home. An increase in the amount of time we spend at school will only damage our health. We will have less sleep and less free time. It's unnecessary to make the hours in the day longer, however what does matter is teachers teaching us useful things. For example, I don't want to study calculus from four years of my life, without knowing a smidge of how we'd operate our future.

• The public education is a royal mess.

Only a nonsensical fool would believe that modern, academic studies were proper "education", or even intellect for that matter. If schools have never been capable of running more than a factory, a factory built for conforming children to social norm and unquestioning obedience, then what does it matter the length of the day? Hardly is there "learning", more mindless trivial information, soon forgotten later on; only the obedient, null mindset remains. And then we have yet another victim of social expectation.

So instead of longer school hours, what would I recommend? Abolish the current model of public education. Replace it with homeschooling programs, individualized learning (via technology and public resources), and provide the youth an institution with additional resources (e.G. Computers, lab equipment, etc) for extensive, intrinsic research, with no more than a mere guide for instructions. These public institutions may be enhanced with tutors, however, specific classes and information are not mandatory. All in all, this would prove no more expensive than current education; it would simply prove more effective.

Now, I know what most people are thinking, "students would refuse to go and would never learn." Incorrect, actually. The reason that -modern- students are so inclined to ditch class is precisely -because- it is not learning, nor education. Children have a natural, inborn tendency to learn and absorb information. But unfortunately, when a certain set of information is enforced upon them, it is no longer education- simply indoctrination. Learning comes from within, and it cannot be imposed upon one by an outside source. Tools are merely enhancements for learning.

-Full AP student & senior. Getting ready to graduate this hell.