Should schools be more strict on students' safety?

• Student of Banneker high

I am an fellow student of Banneker High School in Atlanta Georgia. I am not the typical honors student but I am an A an B student. But my debate is going towards Schools being absolutely strict with us students. Some student can get too out of hand when it comes to dress code, bad language, littering, behavior, and more. I'm going with this debate because my school really needs CHANGE!

• Protecting our children

Schools should be more strict on students safety. School shootings happen everyday because there are not enough safety rules forced in schools today. Students and faculty should be able to feel comfortable in their environment. I personally get tired of hearing about young children, teens, and even teachers dying every day because of violence. Letting violence into your school isn't a good way to stop this at all. No child should be able to feel like they are not safe. Enforce more rules so that students will be safe!

• That's the wrong way

Here in Germany we have this saying (you probably have a similar one): "Treat the disease, not the symptom".
    What good will it do, to enforce more rules on the children, if nobody takes care of them. In Germany, we have literally no security checks (maybe in some schools in problematic districts) and we can walk and bring things in and out of school without anybody checking our bags or walking through a metal detector or the like. Theoretically I could have brought a gun to school everyday (well if I had one, but with stricter gun-control laws it's way harder for students to get one).
    Now the question is, why don't we have all the students running amok and killing everybody if it is so easy to do? Well that is actually hard to answer for me since I don't know that much about the US school system ( and what I know is, to a great deal, based on movies) but the biggest difference I guess is, that everybody belongs to some group in our schools. Here you have one class for most of the subjects,you work a lot in groups and you go on school trips with this class, not just for an afternoon, but for an entire week, thus you become friends with them, and I have never heard of somebody running amok because he had friends. Also the teachers care for you. You have one class teacher for 2-4 years, with 6-8 lessons a week with this teacher and he/she also goes on the school trips with you. So you actually get to know your teacher and your teacher gets to know you. You're not just a number. That means they also see if something is wrong with you or bothers you. And if that's not enough, we have areas were go can take a break from the day to just relax if it gets to much and also talk with psychologists.
    And one thing we don't have that you do (at least as far as i know/ heard) is this hierarchy between the students with the "cool kids" and the "loosers", the sports team, the cheerleaders and the "freaks from the math club", which puts a great deal of pressure and pain on the not-so-popular kids.
    Of course it is not perfect here and sadly there also have been some incidents, but compared to the U.S., I'd say were fare pretty well, even without security checks.