• Hormones and Respect for Cultural Tradition

In traditional Islamic cultures, males and females are separated in the public sphere because of a recognition of the biological phenomenon of mutual male and female attraction. Visually, the female is a huge distraction to the man doing his job well and in a focused manner. For employers, this could translate into lost productivity. For middle schools, high schools and colleges: bad student grades.

• Yes For Segregation

Girls hinder boys in every-which way
    Boys can't reach their full potential because girls keep pulling them down
    Females are inherently inferior to Males
    Whatever place you put women in that place is doomed and automatically is set for failure
    USA, Canada, EU etc countries are all victims of Feminism...

• Its pretty cool

The reason ive decided to say yes to the question I have been given, I have found many many many reasons to say yes to this question. One of the reasons being women like their own space, to rule their own environment while men like to be submissive and meak so seperating them gives men the chance to build some courage and speak in the classroom.

• Yes it's a fantastic idea!

I believe that children today are jumping into the dating game way to quick. They lose focus on their studies and their goals for the future once they being worrying about the opposite gender. If schools were segregated by gender I believe that it would force children to focus more on their studies

• Well they work differently

Boys and girls brains work differently. Studies have shown that the work differently. We know that later in life they will have to work together but separating them they can learn better for later. When they work differently they don't get caught up with different stuff (girls and boys, bf/gf) then they learn better and learn more.

• They Should :)

Boys and girls each have very unique styles of learning. What works for and engages one gender does not work for the other and vice versa. Research has found that boys do far better in English and literacy when in single sex classes, while girls do better in maths and science. Boys are more likely to choose to be involved in music and the arts when they are not dominated by girls and vice versa for girls' involvement in sports and shop.

• Yes. At least in this crappy generation of course.

I say yes. I know many people becoming homeschooled because of such behavior in boys and girls nowadays. It's gross. Both genders are a big distraction for the learning environment in a classroom. It would create better opportunities for the future. I don't find it sexist or "creating more homosexuals."

• Boys and girls learn differently.

Especially during the teen years, the opposite gender can be a big distraction, too.

• Yes!

I think girls focus too much on impressing boys and are jumping into the dating game too quickly. Girls will compete less with each other to impress a boy. Boys and girls can focus on their studies without having to worry about bf/gf issues at such a young age. This builds confidence in both boys and girls. I think public schools should do this teach the same curriculum but just separate classrooms. Afterschool activities can be co-ed as well as your typical dances etc. In all honesty they should teach an etiquette class in schools as well! just saying.

• It helps development

Children growing up in learning environments tailored the way they learn can really help. Guys and girls learn differently, and so teaching in a way that suits them can help boost their minds. There is plenty of time for socialization later. Its only 8 hours a day. You have after school and the weekends.

• Gender is performative

Gender is a cultural construction that is performed by those who are primed to act in certain ways based on their genitalia. Because gender is a construction rather than a biological reality there is very little reason to segregate schools based on it. Instead we should encourage all students to work to be their best academic and social selves in an environment that promotes social and intellectual growth and development regardless of gender.

• Real

No, schools should not be segregated by gender. I do understand that crushes and dating can distract from education but not to the point that genders to be separated. Schools are preparation for the real world and in the real world there are both genders, male and female. So why fight that?

• Gender shouldn't be segergated in schools

First of all it would cost more money making two schools instead of one. Second,if you separate boys and girls they would have trouble interacting with each other in the real outside world. Third,this could also promote homosexuals and i am completely against it but the world we currently live in has fallen very low. Fourth,boys and girls these days cant be separated anyways with technology and cell phones girls and boys are going see each other period.

• No, schools cannot be segregated by gender.

1. Kids have to learn to have maturity with their opposite gender. If they are segregated, they will not be able to grow -up from "cooties". They also will not be able to understand the opposite gender.
    2. Violation of 14th amendment. This is a violation of the 14th amendment because men and women look different and they are clearly separating them by how they look
    3. Men and women may never know how it is to compete against each other. In co-ed schools they learn to be competitive, even against opposite genders. In segregation, they won't be able to learn that ability when it is relevant to the business world.

• Gender segregation is stifling.

Gender Segregation is stifling and it uses mentality from the dark ages. If we follow this structure, both boys and girls will have to think certain ways. If a girl wants to take computer classes, it's considered "weird". This also applies to guys; if they are into acting they are isolated because they don't act like "normal boys". Do we want our posterity to be essentially like robots, forced into a set mold?

• Because Segregation has worked before right?

The entire argument for supporting segregation of schools based on gender is predicated on stereotypes, sexism, and worst of all, no results. All girls plays with dolls, and all boys play sports right? This is obviously not true. But this is the entire argument for supporters. The reason boys and girls seem different now is because our toys are not gender neutral, and neither is our society. I would rather schools and teachers treated our students as individuals and not stereotypes. There are little to no results showing that segregation of schools by gender improves academic skills.

• I find it sexist!

Segregating schools by gender is one of the most sexist things I can think of! Sure males are better at some subjects than females and vice versa but that does not make one gender superior to the other. There's nothing wrong with girls having male friends i'm female and I have several good male friends.

• Important skill in life

Working with the other gender is an important skill in life. Imagine an office today. It probably has people with opposite genders in it. The people in the companies work well because they know how to work with the opposite sex. They've been doing it all their life, including in school. If they are segregated in school, what will happen?

• It can make kids want to go to school.

When I like a girl, seeing and/or interacting with her in school puts me in a good mood. It makes me look forward to going to school each day. I wouldn't want to be only around guys. Sometimes I need a break from men to talk to the other gender. It took me awhile to get comfortable around females. But once I did, I felt confident. If I grew up rarely interacting with them I would feel awkward as an adult.

• Of Course Not!!!

Don't you all remember your first crush in Elementary or Middle school? It was wonderful and new at the time. I don't think we should take that away from kids. Also, if schools were all segregated, I'm sure someone would have a strike against it. Maybe even a lot of people would accuse the government of being sexist. It's stupid to cause trouble for nothing.