• A fabulous learning environment.

Hi my name is Roger and I am a fabulously gay high school boy. THere are so many attractive guys at my school! But they are always too busy talkihng to the girls to notice me. An only boys school would give me more opportunitee to check out all the sexy guys and get a chance to talk to them. ;D

• Good For A Change

I am a 6th Grader in middle school, recently we had a debate against or for gender based schools. I think it would be good for change because girls think more than boys do, we have a different brain so we think wiser while boys they can make dumb decisions . I mean no offense, but girls they like to relax with music and scents that are calming while boys they don't. Studies show that after girls went to gender based school they came out with a higher IQ then a girl that went to a public school and they had the same IQ!

• The best option in my opinion

I am a teenage girl and I currently go to an all girls school. I think it is a great learning environment and there are far less distractions. I never have to worry about how I look or if I sound stupid with an answer I am unsure about. I have gone to a coed school and I find that there is far more drama there then at an all girls school, which is funny because most people think it is the other way around.

• Yes,schools should be seperated by gender.

Yes,schools should be seperated by gender.This would be healthier for both boys and girls because they could both concentrate on their studies and not be distracted by the opposite sex or by thinking about the best way to attract their interest in a co-ed environment or how to act right.

• Make a split.

Boys and girls learn differently. Let the boys be active and let the girls gain full potential. I know men and women that are in there 50's that sill don't understand eachother. Kids can focus on learning instead of showing off for the opposit sex. I'm not saying they shouldnt be aloud to see each other just not during learning. I'm not sure if none of you where ever a teanager but it is awkward. Why not eliminate one stress of growing up.

• Easier for Boys and Girls to focus on studies.

I am in a public high school, so I definitely understand the distractions that come with mixed gender classes. In mixed gender classes, girls are always trying to either impress boys, or boys are always trying to impress girls. It really never ends. In all honesty, separate gender classes are better, due to the big fact that they will take away a lot of stresses in students lives. Many "drama" related stresses, have to do with the opposite sex. If this were to be completely eliminated, it would make students lives 10 times more easier.

• Why separate girls and boys?

Boys and girls should separated because their brain works differently, some people think they shouldnt because boys and girls can learn from each other. But, the learning in school is to teach kids so they can get a good carer. The learning from the opposite sex can be learned at parties and other social activities

• A fabulous learning environment.

• Speaking the truth

Boys and girls should go to different schools because boys are a distraction to some girls that may avoid them from doing their work. So i think boys may be a failure to themselves if they try to front there move in front of a cute girl that they want to go out with.

• Yes Yes YES!

I am a female and i think gender schools are a GREAT idea. Just because you go to school for 6 hours a day does not mean that you will grow up awkward. Boys and girls don't only grow up with the same sex. You have brothers and sisters that have friends around all the time. In addition, going to the park, a movie or any other event is not gender based. You will always run into the opposite sex everyday and interact with one another. Therefore, not growing up with only one sex. School is a learning place that needs to be focused on learning. Boys and girls get all flirty and don't want to focus on there work. When in a gender based school, you have no one to look good for, or to impress.

• No to gender separation in schools!

As a female student I would absolutely hate my school to be an all girl's school. My PDHPE class is a single sex class and I find that ridiculous! Why shouldn't girls learn "boy things" like woodwork and engineering and why shouldn't boys learn "girl things" like cooking and sewing? Being able to socialise with one another is an important skill to learn, just like writing your name. There is no difference. I don't agree with girls being treated any different to boys in sports and for that matter in general. Why can't people accept that we all like to do different things. It doesn't matter about the gender.

• No it shouldn't

It will increase more judgement between genders. Which means things can get tough between genders like inequality. There would be more social issues going around schools. It's like when you're a child you think the opposite sex haves some type of dieases except you will think that most of your school years. It will effect society in a negative way.

• Awkward situations not necessary

I believe if a child is deprived of going to school with going to school with the opposite sex this child will grow up not know how to respond when they do come into contact with the opposite sex. Granted I do understand how this could also be a good thing by possibly cutting back on sexual activities butt children will be children. Just like other laws people want to push the limits so if this were to happen the kids would most likely still be doing everything they do now. I see no point in why to go into such actions.

• No. I think it should never happen!!!!!!

I beleive that schools should never be seperated by sex, ever! I am in middle school and I am a girl. I don't have many '' girlfriends '' yet I am frieds with alot of guys. They are so much less drama then girl. Also the diffrences in sports. At my school us girls would like to play boy sports and we are allowed. Most of our wome teachers wouldnot allow it but the Mayor came in and said we could. Alsothe limits of being able to cooperate with the opposite sex. Yes we see boys outside of school but we do not accually interact much. In class boys and girls are pertnered up spmetimes and

• No No NO

Schools should not be separated because it feel right to just be in a school full of boys or a school full of girls.Being in schools separated by gender won`t be right because imagine your a boy or girl and your in a school full of girls or boys how would you feel ? The way I would feel is like getting out of that school and go somewhere they allow opposite genders.

• Education is also about Socialization

Education is not always just focused on what is taught in the classroom. As a public high school teacher I have seen how the different genders can actually teach each other when bringing up different issues in my Social Studies curriculum. We have informal debates where students will bring up a point of view based on their gender and this may be something the opposite gender never thought of prior to the discussion. I also believe it is a great way for students to know how treat the opposite gender. I have seen where inappropriate remarks are shut down by their peers because they want the other person to know it is not correct to say to the opposite gender.

• No No NO!

I would say no because if it does boys wouldn't know anything about girls and girls wouldn't know anything about boys and it would be harder for them to communicate as the days go on. They can't learn anything from each other because boys and girls have a different way of thinking so it would be really hard from them to learn better.

• Could lead to chaos.

If girls and boys are separated by gender boys might start thinking that they are smarter than girls and girls might start thinking they are smarter than boys which could lead to hurting each other outside of school which we cannot control which might lead parents to sue each other which leads right back to chaos.

• To Face the future life

If from the beginning they've separated, of course they will feel awkward. From the high shool they meet their opposite sex rarely, then when they come to the college, it'll minimum contribution if they meet their opposite sex in one group of studying excercise. Beside that you'll difficult to find a friends, and just your same sex, all the time.

• Schools should not separate by gender

Schools should not separate children by gender. It only increases the gender bias stereo types among children. They will grow up not being able to function appropriately around the opposite sex. They will never know how to react to others the same way that non gender separated children have learned. Society would be akwared.

Posted by: Nala