• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Depending on Sites.

I understand if you are blocking websites that involve only vulgar and indecent things. But websites such as YouTube should not be blocked. There are just as many useful and learning videos on there as there are harmful. They should not be blocked just monitored. There are many websites like this that they may block. Normally when I am looking something up on Google, I'll click on a website that has the answer in the description of the website but I wont be allowed to click on it. It is very frustrating.

• Some sites are inappropriate.

We think that schools should block Facebook and other social networking sites. We think this because such sites serve as a distraction rather than benefit school work. An on line article from TIME magazine states, "It's in the hands of students, in consultation with their parents, to define priorities and decide how to spend their time."

We agree with this and think that students will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook, which will only cause distraction from school work. Studies have shown that sites such as Facebook have actually taken away from students academic performance. A teacher's assistant from West Virginia University said, "When I became a teacher's assistant, I started noticing my students using [Facebook] and becoming obsessed with it". If students are given the choice, the majority will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook.

• Yes, schools should block non-educational websites.

During the pre-Internet age, students were not allowed to bring comic books, toys or other
    distractions into a learning environment. Students now potentially have access to unlimited content, including valuable educational content, entertainment, and utter junk. It is the responsibility of schools, as it always has been, to supply students with the tools for learning. It's also their responsibility to keep useless junk out of the classroom.

• Yes, schools should block certain websites.

I would hope that each school would carefully decide what websites to block; websites with pornographic material are obviously not appropriate in a school setting. School administrators should also keep an eye on the increasing amount of social media that can spread harmful or hurtful information very quickly across a student body. Though I'm not sure such sites should be banned, their usage should be monitored.

• Yes, Schools should block certain websites.

Schools should be able to block certain websites from students. The internet has a vast array of websites and many of them are not appropriate for children in school to view. If schools do not block various websites then it can distract students and even be harmful to their education and there development.

• Yes of course!

There is no question in my mind that schools should block websites. Going to school is a child's job. They are not there to mess around and play on the internet. They are also not there to be able to get their hands on unacceptable content. Keeping kids on task at school will only reinforce healthy work habits when they enter the workforce.

• Yes, schools should block websites

The focus of schools is education. The educators should develop the goals for that education and the curriculum to achieve those goals. Schools decide which teachers to use, the outlines of the education and the books that are provided to support those educational goals. The internet, however, contains areas that are not only distracting to the educational end of the schools, but can also be harmful and detrimental to those young minds. Pornography, drugs, bomb-making sites and the like should definitely be blocked from access in any school.

• No, schools should not block websites.

Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that I can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. I have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules I cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for my project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos. Sure, some may be funny and not-school material. But 99% of the internet is. Soon, the only websites we're going to have left are the ones run by libraries. Try to find research on a LIBRARY site.

• Schools should not block websites

Depending on what website the user wants to be on. Pornographic websites should be banned yes to avoid wrongful material to young ones. But however, if students have free time to do whatever they want after their work is done, let them be. Websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and gaming sites. Other sites that are pornographic, criminal, or other illegal activity against the law are understandable.

• Schooling is EDUCATING IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER.

Students should not have access to all sites in school. Teachers cannot be appointed from time to time to keep an eye on each student's activity in the internet cabin. The need for websites seems applicable yet only educational ones and those which require proper information on newsmaking issues. No principal wants his/her school tuning into an ill site in order to enjoy oneself. The need of blocking a few websites in school is must.

• NO Blocking informational Websites

I have gone through many situations in which I had to search for a very long time for information just because a lot of informational websites get blocked. For example I had a project of breast cancer and I can't search it because it has the word breast or if I search up Should the gun/weapons laws get more stricter against the weapon purchase. Just ashamed that informational websites get blocked with the bad websites.

• Too much blocked.

They block all of the wrong stuff and something's they block are useful to everyone else. I go on the wrong sites but they block stuff because they just want to because it's not what we are supposed to do in our "free time". I think school blocking should be left to the students to decide what is right and what is wrong.

• Schools deprive kids' creativity

Going through highschool was a rough long journey, and to make it worse, my school blocked almost everything, from music to even educational websites, we should not support the need to block (appropriate) sites because there are many sites that are full of creative ideas and can help kids strive in school. Sadly, schools waste time and money blocking music websites, educational game sites, and many more. The reasons and evidence pile up more every day, it is not something the community should support

• How many videos are not on Youtube.

How many videos are not on Youtube. Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that students can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. Students have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules students cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for their project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos and if they have inappropriate videos you would have to log in to your Google account and the schools can track what you do on your computer. Sure, some may be funny and not on task but most of the internet is like that.

• Waste of Time

Blocking websites is a waste of time. Students spend more time trying to find a way past the filter than they do playing a game (personally). Besides, trying to protect kids from inappropriate material is stupid, because they probably see it at home anyways or when they grow up. The information needed for a project and stuff, i agree that you can find the information needed in books, people are just to lazy to turn the pages.

• Deciding if it's a yes or no

They should not block websites because like if the teacher says go on YouTube and we can't what are we supposed to do then? And if we want to listen to music while doing work if the teachers says it's ok we can't cause we can't do anything on the computers at school. They would un block the websites like Instagram and Facebook and all the online life's we have cause sometimes we get free time and sometimes we don't

• No they shouldn't

I think school should not block websites ,because now they are even blocking music websites l understand other websites but why music we should be allowed to listen to music while we are doing work on the computer by ourselves.Its not like if music websites such as slacker and Pandora have porn on them

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,