• It's just common sense.

I run a school trust network, and just like any business we have bandwidth constraints and legal responsibilities. Sites can be blocked for many different reasons:

- We can't have five people using streaming video/TV/radio using all the Internet bandwidth that is required for the other three thousand people to learn and educate with

- We have top level filters which cut child pornography and other nastiness. Yes, sometimes sites get miscategorised, but this is swiftly fixed with an unfiltering request by a member of teaching staff

- We block sites with KNOWN viruses on them, to protect our staff and students from having their personal details stolen or our network equipment being damaged, causing expense to the school and loss of learning resources

These measures are just common sense, and in general schools are much less restrictive than the businesses that students will leave us to join when they begin their careers.

• Yes they should

Coming from a 14 year old I think that schools should block YouTube from school is because they are things thet kids shouldn't be seeing at all. They shouldnt being seeing illegal or harmful things on YouTube. Because if they see illegal things on youube they might get hat mentality of doing drugs or using a wepon or whatever they are seeing. And also if they see harmful videos they might get that idea of killing themselves or cutting themselves and that's not ok so I say yes schools should block YouTube from students but only when they are at school that's it not home

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• Yes, They should block websites

Schools should block websites because some websites can be inappropriate. These sites can be very graphic for children and most likely for there age level. Such as they see something such as a male or female's nudes that can effect they'er future. Also they can also find games and if it is not a game based on math, ELA, social studies, or science then kids shouldn't be playing it because they go their for an education not to play games. They can do what they want at home but not school.

• Its annoying as can be

When i try to listen to music (When the teacher allows me) The music i want to listen to is mostly on YouTube and when i try to listen to it ITS BLOCKED. It annoys me half to death and i just cant take it. I end up spending the whole time trying to find an Unblocked Music website.. I just cant help it. If the Teachers allow you to listen to music. Don't you think you should have the freedom to listen to it?

• Kids can be trouble makers.

It is best if schools continue to block sites that are in bad nature to the students health. A parent might not let them see many thing on the internet to begin with. When you have groups of kids they tent to push each other to the limit and when pushing thoughs boundarys they might cross the line on the internet and see things they shouldn't till they are older.

• Some sites are inappropriate.

We think that schools should block Facebook and other social networking sites. We think this because such sites serve as a distraction rather than benefit school work. An on line article from TIME magazine states, "It's in the hands of students, in consultation with their parents, to define priorities and decide how to spend their time."

We agree with this and think that students will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook, which will only cause distraction from school work. Studies have shown that sites such as Facebook have actually taken away from students academic performance. A teacher's assistant from West Virginia University said, "When I became a teacher's assistant, I started noticing my students using [Facebook] and becoming obsessed with it". If students are given the choice, the majority will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook.

• Yes, schools should block non-educational websites.

During the pre-Internet age, students were not allowed to bring comic books, toys or other
    distractions into a learning environment. Students now potentially have access to unlimited content, including valuable educational content, entertainment, and utter junk. It is the responsibility of schools, as it always has been, to supply students with the tools for learning. It's also their responsibility to keep useless junk out of the classroom.

• No, schools should not block websites.

Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that I can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. I have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules I cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for my project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos. Sure, some may be funny and not-school material. But 99% of the internet is. Soon, the only websites we're going to have left are the ones run by libraries. Try to find research on a LIBRARY site.

• Schools should not block websites

Depending on what website the user wants to be on. Pornographic websites should be banned yes to avoid wrongful material to young ones. But however, if students have free time to do whatever they want after their work is done, let them be. Websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and gaming sites. Other sites that are pornographic, criminal, or other illegal activity against the law are understandable.

• Too much blocked.

They block all of the wrong stuff and something's they block are useful to everyone else. I go on the wrong sites but they block stuff because they just want to because it's not what we are supposed to do in our "free time". I think school blocking should be left to the students to decide what is right and what is wrong.

• Schools deprive kids' creativity

Going through highschool was a rough long journey, and to make it worse, my school blocked almost everything, from music to even educational websites, we should not support the need to block (appropriate) sites because there are many sites that are full of creative ideas and can help kids strive in school. Sadly, schools waste time and money blocking music websites, educational game sites, and many more. The reasons and evidence pile up more every day, it is not something the community should support

• It's completely pointless

As a student, I must say that blocking websites are for the most part completely pointless. There are a million and one ways to go around blocked websites as well as just finding an alternative website yet to be blocked. All add blocking does is waste more kids' time finding a way around it.

• Schooling is EDUCATING IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER.

Students should not have access to all sites in school. Teachers cannot be appointed from time to time to keep an eye on each student's activity in the internet cabin. The need for websites seems applicable yet only educational ones and those which require proper information on newsmaking issues. No principal wants his/her school tuning into an ill site in order to enjoy oneself. The need of blocking a few websites in school is must.

• No they shouldn't

I think school should not block websites ,because now they are even blocking music websites l understand other websites but why music we should be allowed to listen to music while we are doing work on the computer by ourselves.Its not like if music websites such as slacker and Pandora have porn on them

• NO Blocking informational Websites

I have gone through many situations in which I had to search for a very long time for information just because a lot of informational websites get blocked. For example I had a project of breast cancer and I can't search it because it has the word breast or if I search up Should the gun/weapons laws get more stricter against the weapon purchase. Just ashamed that informational websites get blocked with the bad websites.

• They definitly shouldnt block websites.

It really gets on my nerves that they block websites we get on...Music that we play...And other stuff...I really dont like that they do that...Lets say if you have a favorite song you love to listen to so bad and it is a bad song if you have the schools ipad, computer or whatever they will block it... When i looked up my favorite song on google and i pressed it...It went to youtube it said page restricted....I was so mad because like its not even a bad song. I just hope they DONT continue blocking our favorite things.

• They shouldnt because we could use facebook with free time

WE SHOUOLD BE ALOUD TO GET ON FACEBOOK AND SOCIAL MEDIA AND WE SHOULD BE ALOUD TO TALK ON FACEBOOK WHENEVER WE NEED TO WHEN WE GET FREE TIME UNLESS IT IS AN INNAPROPRIATE WEBSITE.This is why you shouldn't block websites like that they could be usful for learning and also important.

Edwin says2014-09-01T05:53:34.720
Yes, I think school should block certain websites, because the Internet has many improper websites for children to watch, such as porns, games an so on which are bad to children’s growth. So I suggest that school should use some software like Aobo Filter for PC http://goo.gl/B7XNDn to block unwanted websites to protect students. Wise choice to block certain websites!
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:54:08.880
Just get rid of all porn thing or make it a rule. Is it wise really, or wise for you.
FutureAmerica says2015-08-18T04:59:06.977
See almost everyone agrees, The majority wins, NO BLOCKING,