• Bad websites out there

Their are some very bad websites out their so their has to be certain websites blocked but they block way to many. Our school even blocks them at home on our school issued computers. I am not a fan of that. People are going to go on these websites at home anyway. There does have to be a few websites blocked.

• They should block websites because

They should block websites because kids wouldn't get there work done. They would be playing games before they do any work , they would just straight play games all day & think they don't have to do work. I know for sure that i would play games & don't do work all day because I like playing games & stuff.

• My reason for this

They should block it because we don't need the internet to learn we need our min u don't need to play games u need to get your grades why unblock something that will mess up your computer that why a lot of people fail the eyes be worried on something else then work

• Depending on Sites.

I understand if you are blocking websites that involve only vulgar and indecent things. But websites such as YouTube should not be blocked. There are just as many useful and learning videos on there as there are harmful. They should not be blocked just monitored. There are many websites like this that they may block. Normally when I am looking something up on Google, I'll click on a website that has the answer in the description of the website but I wont be allowed to click on it. It is very frustrating.

• Some sites are inappropriate.

We think that schools should block Facebook and other social networking sites. We think this because such sites serve as a distraction rather than benefit school work. An on line article from TIME magazine states, "It's in the hands of students, in consultation with their parents, to define priorities and decide how to spend their time."

We agree with this and think that students will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook, which will only cause distraction from school work. Studies have shown that sites such as Facebook have actually taken away from students academic performance. A teacher's assistant from West Virginia University said, "When I became a teacher's assistant, I started noticing my students using [Facebook] and becoming obsessed with it". If students are given the choice, the majority will choose to spend their time on sites such as Facebook.

• Yes, schools should block non-educational websites.

During the pre-Internet age, students were not allowed to bring comic books, toys or other
    distractions into a learning environment. Students now potentially have access to unlimited content, including valuable educational content, entertainment, and utter junk. It is the responsibility of schools, as it always has been, to supply students with the tools for learning. It's also their responsibility to keep useless junk out of the classroom.

• Yes, schools should block certain websites.

I would hope that each school would carefully decide what websites to block; websites with pornographic material are obviously not appropriate in a school setting. School administrators should also keep an eye on the increasing amount of social media that can spread harmful or hurtful information very quickly across a student body. Though I'm not sure such sites should be banned, their usage should be monitored.

• Yes, Schools should block certain websites.

Schools should be able to block certain websites from students. The internet has a vast array of websites and many of them are not appropriate for children in school to view. If schools do not block various websites then it can distract students and even be harmful to their education and there development.

• Yes of course!

There is no question in my mind that schools should block websites. Going to school is a child's job. They are not there to mess around and play on the internet. They are also not there to be able to get their hands on unacceptable content. Keeping kids on task at school will only reinforce healthy work habits when they enter the workforce.

• Yes, schools should block websites

The focus of schools is education. The educators should develop the goals for that education and the curriculum to achieve those goals. Schools decide which teachers to use, the outlines of the education and the books that are provided to support those educational goals. The internet, however, contains areas that are not only distracting to the educational end of the schools, but can also be harmful and detrimental to those young minds. Pornography, drugs, bomb-making sites and the like should definitely be blocked from access in any school.

• NO Blocking informational Websites

I have gone through many situations in which I had to search for a very long time for information just because a lot of informational websites get blocked. For example I had a project of breast cancer and I can't search it because it has the word breast or if I search up Should the gun/weapons laws get more stricter against the weapon purchase. Just ashamed that informational websites get blocked with the bad websites.

• No, schools should not block websites.

Being a student, I think it's quite ridiculous that I can't use multiple educational websites because they are blocked. I have to do a lot of projects, most of which with videos. Because of the school's rules I cannot get onto YouTube to find a good video for my project. And come on, how many videos have you watched that AREN'T on YouTube? Very few, right? Imagine how hard it is for a student to find a video without these tools. Also, YouTube isn't allowed to have "bad" videos. Sure, some may be funny and not-school material. But 99% of the internet is. Soon, the only websites we're going to have left are the ones run by libraries. Try to find research on a LIBRARY site.

• Schools should not block websites

Depending on what website the user wants to be on. Pornographic websites should be banned yes to avoid wrongful material to young ones. But however, if students have free time to do whatever they want after their work is done, let them be. Websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and gaming sites. Other sites that are pornographic, criminal, or other illegal activity against the law are understandable.

• Schooling is EDUCATING IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER.

Students should not have access to all sites in school. Teachers cannot be appointed from time to time to keep an eye on each student's activity in the internet cabin. The need for websites seems applicable yet only educational ones and those which require proper information on newsmaking issues. No principal wants his/her school tuning into an ill site in order to enjoy oneself. The need of blocking a few websites in school is must.

• No please no

• Schools should not block all websites

I agree that some websites are not appropriate for students and should be blocked, but most websites that are educational are being blocked at the same time. Also, simply relying on a site filter does not teach a student how to act responsibly; when access is unchecked, it is hard to say what could possibly happen. It is up to the student alone when it comes to developing skills to be a savvy researcher.

• DONT BLOCK SCHOOL WEBSITES!!!!!!

I'm a student in school and it is illogical because half of the websites blocked are educational and or of the following not bad like the art website deviantart.com. I go on there for inspiration for my art classes, the bad things are prevented and blocked. That's what I mean. I think its stupid.

• Don't block websites!

• Schools should not block websites.

There isn't any real 'learning' going on anyhow.
    School does not teach, but creates obedient, dumbed down robots.
    Students will spend their time attempting to find a way around the blocked system anyway, so in all honesty, they waste the whole course period, opposed to allowing the websites to be unblocked, having the students check the sits or open in the background.
    Censorship and restrictions are not healthy and they are not 'learning'.
    Especially when one is using wi-fi, on their own device, and things are still blocked.
    This should not be acceptable by any means.
    Freedom of speech is still a right, constitution or not, a human right for everybody, and shielding people from it, even in the confined walls of the indoctrination establishments, should not be accepted by any means.
    Censorship shows lack of trust and is more likely to start a rebellion.
    As me, I am all for rebellion, change, revolt, anarchy, chaos, all of it, and I will happily be a part of it.
    But I'm sure the 1% wouldn't enjoy seeing their indoctrination assets being destroyed or rebelled.

school-survival.net
    forums.school-survival.net
    inforwars.com
    prisonplanet.com
    ted.com

• Deciding what should be blocked is key.

The point of blocking websites is to protect students from illegal content and harmful concepts. Though this seems like great rhetoric, there are many problems with this.

The main problems are in the harmful concepts, or harmful materials. What is the current definition of harmful material? That is one of the main problems, due to the lack of standard definition, this could be twisted around to ban any website that exists. Schools need to create a standard definition so that the proper websites can be blocked, and those who do not deserved to be block can be released from their prison and used by students once more.

The goal to protect students from harmful concepts is also false rhetoric in a certain way. Schools cannot constantly monitor students and stop them from viewing harmful material. Students will be exposed to these evils at one point or another. So why not, instead of fleeing from these evils, teach them how to combat these evils and why these concepts are evil?

True, much of these concepts require definition. But once a definition is created, children could be taught what is right and wrong online and how to combat it, rather than just acting as if it never existed.

Research this topic: United States