• If you really wanna learn, do it yourself?

Many people just attend schools just because they have to, they do not even necessarily attempt to learn anything. It is argued that nowadays schools are more like 'babysitting classes' because our parents only send us to school because they have to go out to work. However, if we get independence then we can learn things in which we want to learn, we actually put the effort in to learn things.

• I say yes

I think that there is nothing bad in a way about a school closing down. We all need to save more and more money with the economy being the way that it is, and schools should be no different in this regard. They are not immune to such things happening.

• Students can learn online

Public schools are crap- they misuse funds, students and leech our tax dollars with zero return. Let kids learn online instead. Schools have long been breeding grounds for teachers being cruel and bullying. Schools put kids at risk. Homeschooling or small group schooling is best. I have never ever been a fan of public schools and not one of my 6 kids have gone.

• Bounders and space

School is a place to learn not to keep tabs on everyone the school I come to, we cant even wear our jackets because there to worried we are goanna put on our hoods plus before we enter a class we have to put our phone inside a box if found playing on it they will take it for the rest of the day

• All schools should close down.

All we go to school for is food and its not even good food. We come for our Friends and they is fake. When we do come the teachers get mad when we questions. If the school blow up i might dance in front of the schools. NO SCHOOLS YEAA

• My sister can't even walk to school without an asthma attack

This weather is terrifying its freezing my little sister who has asthma had trouble walking to school this morning because it was so hard for her breath. She had to turn back around and come home cause of her difficulty breathing from the asthma. Schools need to close down tomorrow.

• I think school should shut down because kids hate it.

I think it should shut down because kids hate it and their forced to get out of bed. I get it will affect taxes and jobs but kids deserve freedom like adults. If kids don't want to support their families it's not any one else's fault but theirs. It would also help to teach them through life. It even want be time consuming to learn through life then school. I get it's a law but it shouldn't. It's mot fair to take kids lives.

• Schools prevent education and make your life a misery.

They inflict one particular lifestyle upon the masses - the lifestyle of a slave. They teach you to get up early and at the same time every morning as you will do when you are a slave being ripped off by a corporation. If you want to learn something, you can learn it much faster out of a study book.

• Education is IMPORTANT

School is good, because children need education and wisdom to grow up strong. They need to learn how to think quickly to have solutions in life. Future generations won't have a clue of what is going on if there are no schools because they are shut down. Older and wiser adults could help the younger students to learn!

• Bounders and space

• No, they should not

Imagine future generations. Lives will not only be harder, they will be worse. Sadness will overcome families for generations and generations to come. We need schools to help kids learn that it is important. It isn't the kids who are doing this, it is the all the unencouraging teachers. :(

• No to many idiots

No because we are to dependent on our phones. What about future generations? Most kid's parents have work and can't stay home to teach there children. How would our economy be effected? We'd be blowing more money to put workers in job training rather than just letting them go through school.

• No to many idiots

• I do not think that schools should close

I don't think that schools should close down because then the students wont get any learning and they can not live thee lives when they grow up without knowing anything you cant do anything as a job.And also you want have food or any money and that is why i think we should have school and not have it closed.

• I say yes

It ruins childhood and we get up to early. We should be able to stay home if we want to and if we want to learn we can learn our selves. We just need to learn how to add, subtract, and multiply. We don't need to learn science or social studies but if we want to learn we will go to school if we want to we shouldn't half to go to school. I got out in a foster home because of school and it ruined my life.

• It will help teach our youth that school isn't needed

If you worry about the stupidity of our younger generations, closing down school will only help teach them that being smart isn't necessary. Also, closing down schools will only take away opportunities for our youth to learn the essentials in life. When you close down a school, that takes away the paycheck from lots of teachers and staff, leaving them with nowhere to go. Not only will it hurt our younger generations, it will hurt the economy, too.

• Schools Should Not Be Closed

This is almost too ignorant to even have an opinion concerning. Okay, let’s say we close schools, what then? There is already an ever-present echo of how much free time children have on their hands, which lead to juvenile types of behavior. Where would they go, or what would they be doing without schools? Oh, I see, they will all be “home schooled”. Well since we cannot even get a majority of the parenting population to be involved in their children’s education under the system we have, with schools open, that appears to be a no-brainer. Again, this premise is almost too idiotic to even consider. We already complain about dropout rates, and a rise in juvenile crime, but there is a motion on the table to close schools. Okay, if we do, please send me a letter in a year or two and let me know how it turns out. I will have a post office box with another country’s zip code assigned.

• Why is this even a question?

Schools are the foundation of the nation. Just providing education for the public is revolutionary. Without it you wouldn't be able to read, write, or properly debate a topic on this website. And on the topic of budget, schools are already being affected. Personally, I attend one of the best public schools in the Nation, my county receives 2.5 billion annually toward education, but next year we will have no money to pay for supplies; This will include textbooks, paper, and other essentials for a school to educate their students. And why? Because of across the board budget cuts. So yes, schools are being hurt too but they would never be shut down. Would that generation just not have an education? Someone didn't think their question through well enough.