• I think they should

The united states is the lowest in education. And we need to change that and make school longer. They should also have a year 'round school. Because a lot of times people go in the summer and forget about everything they learned in school. If it was a year 'round school you would have the same amount of break time but it will just get split up. And they wouldn't forget what they learned

• Yes it should

Every year America is falling behind the rest of the world in education. What do all of the ahead countries have in common? Better and longer education programs. America was once very ahead in the world, but now 90% of the U.S. population is scientifically illiterate. If the school day time will not change, the school year should. The only people we are failing are the generations to come after us if we do not make this change. Education should be the first priority.

• Many people argue america is falling behind in education

But look at finland. Their avergae school day is 5 hours and they are one of the top leaders in the world in terms on education. Plus I think the extra hour should be optional in case you want to work on homework and required for sports for like practice

• I hate school cause i am a student

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaay school is already using up 6 or more hours of our lives everyday and this poll is just saying they should increase the school time!!!!?????? And oon top of that they give us projects and homeowrk like 6 hours of school wasnt enough im so pissed off right now!!!!!! 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😫😫😫😫

• A aa aaaa aa

A a a a a a a a aa aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• School Duration is Long Enough

When I was going to school I spent about 8 hours attending classes (7 courses, 1 lunch period) and then I spent another hour during extra curricular activities. I feel that the course time length and the time students spend in school during the day is similar to what the same students will feel when they embark on the working world. Since the normal working day for professionals is about 8 hours, the school should be only as long as a professional work day so that the students are not pressured with too much schoolwork. In addition, the length of the school day at around 8 hours gives the students the opportunity to spend any extra hour toward extra curricular activities and sports.

• No, schools should not extend the school day.

I don't believe that schools should extend the school day. I feel that 8 hours a day is already enough time to be in school daily and the time that they are there is equivalent to having a full time job. Maybe we could improve their education by reducing their summer breaks.

• Reasons there are.

There are after school activities which helps teamwork friendship and responsibility.There is a lot of homework interupting after school activities and the last reason is that kids wont remember because of lack of excersise and rest/break.Me myself think it shoud be 6 hours of school and it shoud start later.