• Of course homework should be given!

Giving homework to children enhances their capacity to understand the subject better....Even if at school they are unable to comprehend something they can re read that chapter again and ask questions....Another principal cause for giving schoolwork is making students be much more aware of their learning. Learners are answerable for their study thoroughly so they oblige to put a great deal of effort into theor apprehension. Therefore, the accomplishment of prep is not only a responsibility for students to try their best but also a motivation to strengthen the cognition. Moreover, finishing homework helps learners becomes much more active to attain knowledge. It is easier for them to grasp the information in next lessons. By degrees, students might raise the sense of initiative in learning and others which is extremely favorable to handle unexpected situation

• Yes to learn more be smart and pass our grade

To be smart and pass our grade to be smart.To not be lazy or just do nothing because some kids they don't want to do it teachers care about them. Teachers love us but sometimes they or happy or mad teachers are helping us to not to lose . Teachers love us and teachers are helping us they are there for us.

• Yes homework should be given

Homework should be given to students so that they at least revise whats done in the class today as most of them do not remember.And homework days should be there like Monday for maths, Tuesday for science etc. Or can be given a lot on weekends. Homework has one solid benefit — mainly, if it is used as a tool to develop a love of reading.The point of education is to turn children into independent, critical thinkers that are responsible, happy people

• Schools should give homework.

Schools should give homework. Teachers give us homework so we have something to do instead of watching TV. Homework over the holidays is okay but I disagree with bombarding students with homework packages that take away family time. If you plan correctly then you can spend time with family and your homework.

• Absolutely they should

Practice with skills is necessary for learning how to adapt to different situations. However, teachers need to assign it and NOT check it, unless it's for marks. Quizzes will let you know if the students are getting it or not. Students, follow your own judgement. If you understand a topic, review the assigned questions, try the challenging ones. Don't understand, do some more. Someone said in the against giving homework section that students will ask for the help that they need if they need it, that teachers don't trust you to ask and that's why we assign so much homework. One of the hardest things to do is to admit that you don't understand something and to ask for help with it. Most students won't, even if they are struggling. Also, how do students know if they're struggling if they haven't actually tried to apply what was taught. Not teaching students good work habits in lower grades only does them a disservice when they attempt any post-secondary studies. Homework serves to reinforce the specific skills from the lesson but also teaches time management and study skills that students will need when they have less guidance for their learning in post-secondary.

• Yes! There must be homework. Why not.

Lots of students like me prefer to learn on their own rather than having a teacher lecture them. And homework does this. Homework lets students work on their own and helps them develop skills that they will need in their later life. Practice makes perfect as the saying goes. The only way to get good at something is to practice.

• homework should be given

Because homework helps a student get more trained with the work they are learning. It also helps the student stay focus, alert and capable of doing hands-on work which will help the student in the future. Homework may take time but if you are able to do it at school than home shouldn't be harder but instead easier.

• Yes yes!

Children should definitely have homework. It helps them increase their skills in the subject they are learning. If they are having trouble with the topic this is a way for them to get extra help. Just having a lesson in class does not make it about the child. Homework is a way to let the teacher know if the child is struggling with the topic, or if s/he is doing just fine. Teachers should not stop giving homework, they should just give a little less.

• Yes, schools should give homework and resources to complete the homework.

Homework is important in order for students to understand what they're learning in a more personal way. Teachers and other administrators of education need to be aware of what is required to complete a homework assignment, and that not all students will have access to the resources required to do so. Schools must be able to provide these resources or assign homework that does not require resources that cannot be guaranteed in all homes.

• Yes, schools should give homework.

Schools should be allowed to give homework. Homework is a vital tool to teach students time management skills, which is very important to have when you are in a professional work place. If you take homework out of schools you are doing a disservice to the students and are not doing everything possible to help prepare them for the real world.

• We shouldnt have homework.

One of the biggest things that causes stress (as a student) is homework. One of the main reasons is, as a student, I don’t think for a second that I actually benefit from homework. To me, it’s just something that causes unnecessary stress and in the end doesn’t actually do much for you. Sure, some practice of graphing concepts is good, but why couldn’t we just do board work in class? I think that we, as students, should not have homework for a number of reasons.
    Some people say that homework is good. Some people say that homework is bad. Some just don’t care (not many). The people that say it is good usually argue that, well, as the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Like I said, why not do board work in school instead of sending work home? The dictionary definition of ‘school’ is: “an institution where instruction is given, especially to persons under college age: The children are at school.” In this case, why not just do a little practice to let the teachers make sure that the student understands the concept, and once they do, why do teachers bother to give them 10-20 more problems to do at home? Besides, from what I understand about teachers, they (maybe you are a teacher as well, you can possibly relate to this) hate grading homework and find it just as annoying as we do.
    Another reason we shouldn’t have homework: it causes unnecessary stress. If what I said in the above paragraph is true, which it is, then homework is pointless. If there is no point to homework, then why assign it? All it does is cause stress that isn’t needed. Why would you do that? I have (as a student) had quite a lot of times where I have been up a lot longer than usual doing homework, sometimes make-up from missed school, sometimes because I simply forgot that we had homework in a particular subject and therefore didn’t do it. I then had to make it up the next night, and got marked down for it. Humans are forgetful. That means I got marked down because of human nature.
    Some people say that homework teaches students self-discipline and responsibility; I know from experience that that is NOT true. I also found NO evidence for that while I was researching. Others say that it creates a link between school and family. Ok, so other than intruding on time that could be spent with family how does it do that? Still, some say that it helps kids to like learning. Again, I know from experience that this is NOT TRUE! If anything, it does the exact opposite of that. We all know it: Everyone hates homework.

• School is 8 hours

There is only 24 hours in a day. Children and teenagers need about 10 hours of sleep. That leaves 6 hours to be awake at home. Many students struggle to finish homework in less than three hours. The other three hours would be for eating, showering and preparing themselves to go to sleep. I have hobbies that I don't have time to do anymore because I'm stuck indoors working

• Its A WASTE

Homework makes so many things seem so boring to students so they begin to ignore and hate it and hello we live in the 21st century were internet teaches us so much more!!!!! With children being forced to read it makes reading more like a chore and who likes chores i mean seriously they should encourage it for fun.

• Homework is classist.

The kids that do well on assignments are the ones that either don't need extra help, have educated parents with free time, or have wealthy parents who can hire tutors. The ones that don't do well are those that have a lot of home obligations (such as babysitting younger siblings while the parents are working second jobs), those with parents who can't help them or hire tutors for whatever reason, and those who go hungry in the evening or go cold because there's no heat, etc. There has to be a way for kids to get all their learning done inside the classroom, which for some is the only place where they have a chance to do any learning.

• Homework... Should not be had

I'm in a very highly ranked academically high school, so I should expect plenty of homework, right? But often, it gets ridiculous. As a football player and someone who stays after school to work towards paying off some of the tuition, it is normal for me to come home and be stuck doing homework for a good four hours. I get home on average around 6:30 and start homework at about 8 (showering and that stuff). The amount of homework I get gives me ridiculous amounts of stress and a lack of sleep. And you know what those two things are bad for? Thats right, learning.

• It provides no added understanding.

As a student taking many advanced classes I get more than a reasonable amount of homework. I get no added understanding of concepts or how to do the work. If I need help there is no teacher to help so I just get a bad grade. Also most of the time it's just work for the sake of work.

• The government has already stolen children from parents by being away from them at school

With homework they are making sure that the parents have the minimum amount of time possible to actively educate their own children by taking away every free time that parents can get with their children, thus brainwashing and creating drones to support their own evil agenda. There's more to it than just this but in a nutshell that is what it is.

• It takes ages

Homework is a ridiculous waste of time that nobody enjoys. Not just the kids but teachers and parents as well. I don't think the teachers enjoy making the homework and handing out the detentions when it isn't done. Parents hate it as well as it interferes with "family events" and they have to deal with angry kids who don't like doing it. What is the point of homework?

• No homework for me!

I am a 16 y/o 11th grader in Philadelphia and we don't always get a lot of homework, but when we do it is an considerable amount. What frustrates me is that with doing this homework, whether it be a little or a lot, it is NEVER checked. If we have homework that is supposed to help teachers determine what we need help on, they should take the responsibility to actually read it instead of just looking to see if there are words on the page. If the teachers won't take responsibility, how do they expect us to?

• Homework is bad

When giving homework, not only does it take away free time, but it puts pressure on students. Students tend to cheat if they have a lot of homework. If students are not assigned homework they have more control in what they do and study better. If a student cannot study good on his/her test then homework could be given to that person to help him review.