• Modesty.

Clothes are a form of expression, but some young people take that notion way too far. They need to learn how to dress in a way that will make others respect them and that shows respect for themselves. Otherwise, all the students would dress to get attention from the people around them.

• Of course there should be dress codes!

I can't believe how many disgusting people that there are out there! The only reason that I think that people would say no is because that they think that dress codes mean uniforms! I mean sure, children should be able to express their selves but there are a million ways to express their selves without being inapproperiate.

• Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes schools should have a dress code

It shows that you have respect for yourself when you dress appropriate and it saves money kids should be worrying about their grades not the clothes and I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be allowed to wear what they want to wear in every aspect of life but at school its time to learn not flash your new Jordan's!!!!!!!!!

• Yes because modesty

Children are wear outfits with not enough clothing. Outfits that are to skimpy are ugly and inappropriate. I think if kids are wearing outfits that are to skimpy the classroom atmosphere losses its welcomingness. Also if my kid is trying to study and their partner is wearing a bathing suit and my child get distracted its unfair

• No dress code

The finger tip rule is just plain out stupid. It's not our fault if the boys get distracted because of the girls clothing maybe they should just grow up and be mature. Most of the time the only store girls can find shorts that goes past the finger tips is at Old Navy. Do schools expect every girl to go to Old Navy and buy shorts. When it's hot boys can get away with wearing tank tops but if a girl wears a tank top they get sent to the office and gets asked to wear something "more school appropriate"

• J j j

J j j j j j j j j j j j jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j kmks fokwee oe wneo weof nwoef nweo f nweofn woef nowei fnowef nweonfnwon fofn oefn woenf woeifn owein foweifn eowifn woeinf oweifn owiefn owenfowefn

• If you say no you're a idiot

Unlike outside, school is like a job and to keep your job you need to dress apporiately. If school was a club? Than sure protest, complain and go all out. In short, dress whatever you want outside, but when your going to work (school) dress correctly and besides we are not guarantee a education so respect that!

• Ggggggggggdfgsd gdfg g

Ghskjfg gjh jhjg hjh jgh jgh jhgj hjgh jhg jhjhgjghj hgj hgjh jghj hgjh jghj hgjh jgh jghj hgjh jghj hgjh jgh jhgj hjgh jgh jh gjh jh jgh jghj hgjh jgh jgh jhg jh jgh jhgjh jghj ghj hgj hjh h jhgj h j h h h h h h h

• Yes there should be a dress code...

Yes there should be a dress code. Student's clothing can be a distraction sometimes. Students dont need to be showing too much skin at school. That is why we have the fingertips rule and the 3 adult fingers rule. This is why i believe schools should have a dress code

• It's About Learning, Not Clothes

If rule-makers on school boards would spend more time paying attention to the curriculum and whether the school is staffed with enough educational resources and less worried about the length of a kid's pantlegs or what sort of style clothes the kids wear schools would be doing a lot better.
    Clothing is just clothing. It only becomes important because we make it important. It is not objectively or logically important, only important because our culture makes it important.
    One consideration should be made, if a school has a dress code in place that requires a certain amount of covering they should also air conditioning for when it gets too warm. Schools should be comfortable places for children so they can focus on their studies and not on how hot and sweaty they are getting because a school decides to have restrictive dress codes but no air conditioning. We should remember that students have to be there, they weren't given a choice.

• Abcdefghi f f

Because no its just no thats it . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . .. ...... . .. ... . . .. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• I think no

Because they should be able express them selves throug their cloths. Uniforms are expensive and students get tired of wearing the same cloths every single solid day. You can't stop bullying by using uniforms that is the reason why I think not having uniforms is very important to a student learning environment

• It not fair

There are multiple reasons for why dress code is wrong and a few of them is because it unfair our finding fathers would have agreed along my side of freedom and they would work hard in order to fix this issue and its sexist manly going twords females which it shouldnt even worry the school bored any way the kids most likely have someone to provide for them and pays for there things so they should be the one to decide on the clothes they are buying in the first place.

• Kids cant express themselves and show who they are!

Administration goes around schools saying if students are not in dress code. I happen to be a student that has to wear a uniform, it is not fun, i have to wear a collared shirt with my school logo, navy or cocky bottoms, and my jacket has to have my school logo on it too!

• Students shouldn't wear uniform

Because, kids that don't wear uniforms fell more freedom than having to look like other people at the same school. Students rather go to school in their sweats than go with a school shirt what would you prefer a school shirt and look like everyone else or wear anything you want.

• There should not be uniforms

Who decides what's inappropriate for someone to wear? If a child's parents bought them the clothes and let them walk outside in it then that's all that matters. It's not up to anyone in the school building to tell someone else's child what they should and shouldn't be wearing. A lot of schools will send a girl home for the day or make her wait in the office until parent brings them new clothes. When you do that you're sending the message that her education is not as important as a boys and you're also disrupting her home life by making a parent leave work. All the dress code rules are directed towards girls. The girls are not wrong, the people who sexualize their bodies are.

• There should not be uniforms

• There should not be uniforms

• Half of you are probably not in school.....

Maybe you haven't been in school in a while but I'm currently in 8th grade and dresscode is horrible. First let me just say having freedom to dress the way we want is freedom of expression, which should not "distract" anyone. Speaking of distraction, peoples comments are solely concentrated on girls skirts and shirts, which is basically telling boys its okay to be distracted and that girls bodies are portrayed in a sexual manner. For example at my school there are no spaghetti straps for GIRLS, now either my adminitration is full of pervs or shoulders are sexy and provacative, but boys shoulders are perfectly fine.Then they through ib the exuse that its for safety reasons. My teacher told me we have to buy the schools shirts because its harder for someone to get one and break into our school and harm us...Which is contridicting for two reasons; 1.We have to wear polos on Wednesday which is TOTALLY not easy to find at any store imaginable. 2. Highschools dont seem to have that problem do they....I think not. My whole point is until the day they give me solid answers and reasonings with no holes(never) i will always think condemning children from their personalities is wrong.