Should schools have armed guards to stop school violence?

• Schools need Guards

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Schools need armed guards to protect the students and even the staff, with armed guards being at school, that alone could possibly detour a ramped shooter. Having armed guards or staff on campus puts the solution to the problem right down the hall, while other law enforcements can be down the street .

• Schools need Guards

• School Shooting These Days

There are more school shooting these days, and I personally feel unsafe. We have this ONE officer, and no offense, he doesn't have the things at hand to defend us from some crazy terrorist with a machine gun. All he has is a pistol set on stun that takes 6 hours the recharge. I feel that kids need more safety at their schools, to prevent the murdering of innocent children.

• Of Course They Should.

Armed guards are the best way to protect one against an armed shooter. For anyone who says "guns have no place in schools", on what principle do you say that sort of thing? To anyone who says "just call the local authorities and they will handle it" have you ever called authorities before? How often does calling authorities after a crime has begun to occur prevent the crime from happening, especially in the case of a violent crime? The answer is to have people there ready to prevent the crime if need be. Armed security guards would be very productive in preventing crimes. Remember, by definition, the criminal is the one NOT PLAYING BY THE RULES, so setting up rules that can only stop crime if everyone follows them INCLUDING CRIMINALS are quite useless

• Schools should have armed guards to stop school violence.

Schools should have armed guards to stop school violence. We need something to be able to better protect our students in school. There are soldiers that are coming back from war that are needing jobs and this would be an excellent place for them to be. It is either that or allow the staff to carry guns in school.

• Yes, Armed guards are the best protection for our children

I would feel much safer knowing that there is someone there to protect
    me. Schools, with all of their rules and policies, are for the most part
    defenseless. Without armed guards patrolling the building or at least
    monitoring entrances and exits, students and faculty are essentially
    helpless. Having armed security guards protecting America's children
    in schools is a good idea.

• No! They should not!

As a student, that was on a debate with this topic. I say that we should not have armed officers in our schools. The fact that they are around us for 8 school hours can really have a huge effect on our education. I would argue more about this topic but I leave you to really think about this situation

• Armed guards promote violence

Teaching kids guns and violence are not the answer. Then having armed guards with the threat of violence or death if you mess up, is teaching kids that guns are the answer. If kids know that the only way they can express their anger and frustration is by out gunning the guards, increase school shootings will occur

• No, schools should not have armed guards to stop school violence

Armed guards would have made very little difference in most of the recent school shootings. Unless you want to post a guard in every classroom, it is just not feasible to protect every child at every place in a school. They are in classrooms, on the playground, in the library, in the lunchroom, in the art room, in the computer lab, in the music room, in the gym, in the bathrooms, in the halls. I want to protect our kids as much as anyone, but I don't see how armed guards would eliminate the problem. I won't say that having an armed guard would never stop something from happening, but it is not the answer to stopping all school violence.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe schools should have armed guards to stop school violence. Like anyone else, if violence erupts, the local authorities should be contacted. I believe if this was done on a regular basis the problem students could be addressed in the juvenile justice system, where they clearly need to be.

• No, armed guards have no place in schools

No, schools should not have armed guards to stop school violence. Having armed guards in schools has the potential to create far more problems then it could possibly solve. Violence in schools can never be completely prevented, no matter what. That said, it can be reduced through a rigorous safety protocol, vigilance and education.