• Schools need dress codes.

I mean if people could just wear whatever, then I'm pretty sure that lots of them would wear things that are really, well.... Revealing. My school has a dress code, but I still see girls in really, REALLY short shorts, which (to be honest) is pretty disgusting. And it's not just girls. Tons of guys tend to have really baggy pants and think it's cool to show their underwear, which is just downright stupid. Anyways, this can get really distracting to people who actually want to learn. You can wear your clothes however you want at home or anywhere else but not in an environment where people are trying to learn.

• Yes, but applied conservatively

Yes, I think schools should have dress codes, to an extent. Obviously, it may not be appropriate to allow children to roam the hallways naked, so applying some limitations would be beneficial. Those limitations however, should not be very stringent. For example, a child dying their hair blue should be perfectly allowed as it is not a direct disturbance to those around the child.

• Yes they should.

Imagine having no school dress code policy, and everyone was dressed inappropriate for school. Don’t you think everything would be a shocking? Firstly, some clothes are way too revealing. School is a learning environment. Secondly, for boys I think wearing hats in school is atrocious. Thirdly, you can hide anything in hats that could be harmful to the other students/classmates. You wouldn’t want to go to a school feeling unsafe would you? Overall, the school board made the dress code policy to keep you safe and respectful.
    Wearing revealing clothes in school is some sort of trend lately. School is a learning environment, not to look good to impress the opposite gender. Do some of you ladies out there go to school looking sleazy just to make the boys look at you? But, if you don’t realize guys like girls who maintain themselves with respect. Also, it’s hard enough going to school listening to all the expectations. So, why make one of them for dressing dreadful. Boys, you think wearing hats in school is “cool.” It’s not cool; it’s actually disrespectful on so many levels. Not wearing hats in school is a big sign of respect. Also, you could hide anything in hats weapons, drugs, electronics, etc. Therefore, that is harmful to the other students/classmates.
    Most kids at my age think that anything that other kids are doing they should do to. But, I mean don’t get me wrong I don’t mean you can’t go dye your hair blue. Go ahead! Just don’t come to school dressing improperly because that could bring a disturbance onto the other kids.
    Mostly, dressing tacky isn’t a good look. Let’s say in the near future when you go for a job interview you wouldn’t go dressing sleazy would you? So why start now.

• Yes school should have dress code to school.

Because some girls wear short short which is very disgusting and not only girls . Tons of guys tend to have really baggy pants and think it is cool to show there underwear which it just downright stupid. Student can wear any cloth they wanted but not in an environment where people are trying to learn. Overall the school board made the dress code policy to keep you safe and respectful

• We need it, but not too much.

Dress codes should be about how kids shouldn't be too.. How do I put this.. Revealing. Girls can be a bit over the top by wearing a bit of.. Unique.. Type of clothes, and guys can be a bit dumb trying to put their pants down below their waist where you can clearly see their boxers show. There should be dress codes, but not too demanding. Just small ones like not to have clothing that is too revealing, and not too inappropriate that has rude language or serious gore.

• Schools should have a dress code.

Schools should have a dress code because people could wear inappropriate things or absolutely nothing at all. They could also wear clothing that supported drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. Clothing could also be worn that promotes profanity, obscenity, and, or violence. That is why district schools should have a dress code.

• It's fair enough

Dress codes in school should be allowed because some kids actually want to learn, and fashion can wait. It's not important, and you need oxygen way more than you need fashion. It's quite fair, in my own opinion, because once you're out of the school grounds, you can be free to dress as you wish. You need to respect the school's and the student's and teacher's wishes to not see any inappropriate clothing showing off their curves or something. Besides, why do looks even matter? I mean, I LOVE expressing myself, but that can wait until school is over. Even offensive language is on some clothing. And you should be feeling comfortable at somewhere else anyways, instead of at school, because this is a place to learn and... Be smarter or something. Not to be all naked and sexy as heck. That's preposterous!

• People need to be more modest.

Dress codes are necessary to keep order in school. I'm not saying that they have to be overly dramatic to the point where you have to wear certain thing in particular. They should just keep people safe and encourage learning. School is for learning right? Not for showing off your body, you can do that another time.

• Yes i am for it

Well i am all for trendy swanky swaggy outfits but there is difference between inappropriate outfits and just trendy ones. So essentially what the con side is saying is this "No dress code" Meaning people get to where whatever they want even a shirt saying "bang bang the sandy hook shooting was a BLAST" that sounds bad but its what the con is saying :/

• Yes, the dress code is fair

If every children wore the same kind of dress, No child will feel inferior to the other. Many children cannot afford the same kind of wear that rich kids can afford. One can call dress code as conservative; however it builds better relationship amongst children. There will be little room for jealousy.

• Not at all

Kid should not have a dress code. They should wear what the want and be happy. That way kids can be unique . That way no one can be the same. So kids can walk into school without a teacher saying fix your clothes or call home to get some more. There are many reasons why kids should not have a dress code

• Schools should NOT have dress codes point blank period

Dress code gave me no way to express myself and I LOVE expressing myself. Some people do not feel comfortable because we have dress codes and they can’t wear what they want to wear. I see this one girl all the time and she wears everything she is not supposed to be wearing and she never gets in trouble. That's messed up that we can’t even show our shoulders.

• Not at all.

As it says in the constitution, we have the right to express ourselves and do what we want. Some students don't follow the school dress code anyway. Some schools don't even allow religious clothing, like Muslims. The women have a right to wear hijabs, and the schools can't do anything about it. If you want to dress like an idiot, you can. This issue is a waste of time.

• It isn't fair.

The kids or their parents buy clothes that the child would like to wear, it seems like that would be just a waste if you had to wear a uniform every day. A dress code would also take away from people showing what they like, leaving kids mad about not being able to do what they want.

• Unconstitutional and unrealistic.

The constitution give all citizens freedom of expression. Do schools have the authority, above any other, to nullify students this right? In the supreme court case of Tinker v. Des Moines, the court ruled that students do not lose their constitutional right to freedom of expression at the school house gate. Unless it would substantially interfere. I am not alone when I say no dress code could substantially interfere, within reason of course. Also, it is unrealistic to expect all students to conform to the rules of the school. Schools teach students to question, go against the group, and be an individual, is that not hypocritical that they then try to make us all the same? A school is like a. Country with the school board as the government, when a vast majority is against the government, the citizens will revolt, the revolution may be less bloody and less violent than a normal revolution but with the same outcome: change. Why be sucked into the crowed and be the same as everyone else when individuality is a possibility? Why be conformed to the rules of a dictator school? Well I say the dictator should and must fall. I live in a country where people are free, why let schools take this freedom away.

• I dont think so

I dont think students should have a dress code because they should be able to express themselves if students teaze each other they should be stay after school for detenchon so whos with my stand up for your great fashion so try to make things right kids and fight eveyone!

• No, they should not because it doesn't let kids express themselves.

Students can't express themselves how they want. It is a violation to the students rights. Many students are being forced to conform to dress codes or uniforms when they don't really want to at all. It is a proven fact that most students get better grades when they are comfortable, so let them be comfortable in their clothes.

• No way! Never!

My school has a strict dress code and we can only wear school uniforms and have our hair tied neatly, and no extra piercing , brightly colored earrings, only black and blue hair ties and same colored glasses.. The school said that it was to practice for the future when we go to work. However, some occupations don't have a strict dress code, and we're still so young! We should be practicing dressing appropriately so in the future we have more fashion sense. But not too extreme like dying our hairs pink or something!

• We don't need a dress code

The school wants the teens to feel like they are comfortable but there no they are not if the are not aloud to express them selves. The dress code is also very sexist it mainly limits girls. Boys should learn how to control them selves. The problem is not of girls dress and sometimes boys. It wont lower your GPA or IQ.

• No, Dress codes are sexist and more trouble than they are worth.

At my school, dress codes really only apply to girls. They don't sell short shorts and tank tops for boys. Also, in a time where so many girls dislike the way they look, schools should not enforce dress codes that practically shame the human body by telling you that you must cover up! Many kids at my school spend ages worrying about if what they wear will get them in trouble. The dress code is more distracting than clothes people wear without it!