• Yes they should.

Imagine having no school dress code policy, and everyone was dressed inappropriate for school. Don’t you think everything would be a shocking? Firstly, some clothes are way too revealing. School is a learning environment. Secondly, for boys I think wearing hats in school is atrocious. Thirdly, you can hide anything in hats that could be harmful to the other students/classmates. You wouldn’t want to go to a school feeling unsafe would you? Overall, the school board made the dress code policy to keep you safe and respectful.
    Wearing revealing clothes in school is some sort of trend lately. School is a learning environment, not to look good to impress the opposite gender. Do some of you ladies out there go to school looking sleazy just to make the boys look at you? But, if you don’t realize guys like girls who maintain themselves with respect. Also, it’s hard enough going to school listening to all the expectations. So, why make one of them for dressing dreadful. Boys, you think wearing hats in school is “cool.” It’s not cool; it’s actually disrespectful on so many levels. Not wearing hats in school is a big sign of respect. Also, you could hide anything in hats weapons, drugs, electronics, etc. Therefore, that is harmful to the other students/classmates.
    Most kids at my age think that anything that other kids are doing they should do to. But, I mean don’t get me wrong I don’t mean you can’t go dye your hair blue. Go ahead! Just don’t come to school dressing improperly because that could bring a disturbance onto the other kids.
    Mostly, dressing tacky isn’t a good look. Let’s say in the near future when you go for a job interview you wouldn’t go dressing sleazy would you? So why start now.

• Schools need dress codes.

I mean if people could just wear whatever, then I'm pretty sure that lots of them would wear things that are really, well.... Revealing. My school has a dress code, but I still see girls in really, REALLY short shorts, which (to be honest) is pretty disgusting. And it's not just girls. Tons of guys tend to have really baggy pants and think it's cool to show their underwear, which is just downright stupid. Anyways, this can get really distracting to people who actually want to learn. You can wear your clothes however you want at home or anywhere else but not in an environment where people are trying to learn.

• Yes, but applied conservatively

Yes, I think schools should have dress codes, to an extent. Obviously, it may not be appropriate to allow children to roam the hallways naked, so applying some limitations would be beneficial. Those limitations however, should not be very stringent. For example, a child dying their hair blue should be perfectly allowed as it is not a direct disturbance to those around the child.

• Do we really want half-naked students studying?

The dress code should be extensive enough that distractions are minimized for an optimal environment. For example, no short shorts as they would show more butt than a student needs to see. Also, see through shirts would be distracting. My point is, dress codes, but only to minimize distractions and such.

• Any one whos saying no is probably a prep...

Seriously that's all you care about ? Looking pretty so you can attract boyfriends or girlfriends? Its not even that big of a deal... Its just a dress code... Obviously you don't care about learning that much if you worried about how you look at school... I definitely think there should be a dress code... No one wants to see your nasty skin...

• It's fair enough

Dress codes in school should be allowed because some kids actually want to learn, and fashion can wait. It's not important, and you need oxygen way more than you need fashion. It's quite fair, in my own opinion, because once you're out of the school grounds, you can be free to dress as you wish. You need to respect the school's and the student's and teacher's wishes to not see any inappropriate clothing showing off their curves or something. Besides, why do looks even matter? I mean, I LOVE expressing myself, but that can wait until school is over. Even offensive language is on some clothing. And you should be feeling comfortable at somewhere else anyways, instead of at school, because this is a place to learn and... Be smarter or something. Not to be all naked and sexy as heck. That's preposterous!

• Yes school should have dress code to school.

Because some girls wear short short which is very disgusting and not only girls . Tons of guys tend to have really baggy pants and think it is cool to show there underwear which it just downright stupid. Student can wear any cloth they wanted but not in an environment where people are trying to learn. Overall the school board made the dress code policy to keep you safe and respectful

• Schools should have a dress code.

Schools should have a dress code because people could wear inappropriate things or absolutely nothing at all. They could also wear clothing that supported drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. Clothing could also be worn that promotes profanity, obscenity, and, or violence. That is why district schools should have a dress code.

• Dress Code No!!!!!

I thinks students should dress how they want because it is freedom of expression. When you have freedom of expression, you are more likely to do well on your own. When you are told what to wear, there is resentment, and you don't learn as well as maybe you could.

• People need to be more modest.

Dress codes are necessary to keep order in school. I'm not saying that they have to be overly dramatic to the point where you have to wear certain thing in particular. They should just keep people safe and encourage learning. School is for learning right? Not for showing off your body, you can do that another time.

• Being naked? Fine with me.

I think there should be no dress code because i like seeing pretty girls wear whatever they want whenever they want. So i am against dress code because some people have amazing fashion and maybe we want to see it. Especially the ones with good bodies for sure, you know what I'm saying.

• Not at all

Kid should not have a dress code. They should wear what the want and be happy. That way kids can be unique . That way no one can be the same. So kids can walk into school without a teacher saying fix your clothes or call home to get some more. There are many reasons why kids should not have a dress code

• No, dress codes are sometimes sexist and more trouble than they are worth.

Dress codes at my schools are mainly geared towards girls. It isn't our fault if people are able to be distracted. Short shorts and tank tops are not distracting to boys ( We have asked them). Also, the dress codes themselves are distracting. If students spend so much time worrying about what they wear because they are worried they'll be called on it, it is not worth it. The dress codes are sexist, mostly, and more distracting than any clothes people might wear if it wasn't in place.

• We don't need a dress code

The school wants the teens to feel like they are comfortable but there no they are not if the are not aloud to express them selves. The dress code is also very sexist it mainly limits girls. Boys should learn how to control them selves. The problem is not of girls dress and sometimes boys. It wont lower your GPA or IQ.

• Not at all.

As it says in the constitution, we have the right to express ourselves and do what we want. Some students don't follow the school dress code anyway. Some schools don't even allow religious clothing, like Muslims. The women have a right to wear hijabs, and the schools can't do anything about it. If you want to dress like an idiot, you can. This issue is a waste of time.

• Schools should NOT have dress codes point blank period

Dress code gave me no way to express myself and I LOVE expressing myself. Some people do not feel comfortable because we have dress codes and they can’t wear what they want to wear. I see this one girl all the time and she wears everything she is not supposed to be wearing and she never gets in trouble. That's messed up that we can’t even show our shoulders.

• No way! Never!

My school has a strict dress code and we can only wear school uniforms and have our hair tied neatly, and no extra piercing , brightly colored earrings, only black and blue hair ties and same colored glasses.. The school said that it was to practice for the future when we go to work. However, some occupations don't have a strict dress code, and we're still so young! We should be practicing dressing appropriately so in the future we have more fashion sense. But not too extreme like dying our hairs pink or something!

• It isn't fair.

The kids or their parents buy clothes that the child would like to wear, it seems like that would be just a waste if you had to wear a uniform every day. A dress code would also take away from people showing what they like, leaving kids mad about not being able to do what they want.

• No, Dress codes are sexist and more trouble than they are worth.

At my school, dress codes really only apply to girls. They don't sell short shorts and tank tops for boys. Also, in a time where so many girls dislike the way they look, schools should not enforce dress codes that practically shame the human body by telling you that you must cover up! Many kids at my school spend ages worrying about if what they wear will get them in trouble. The dress code is more distracting than clothes people wear without it!

• Not in a million years

I get it that you want every kid in school to not look unprofessional but why worry about that so much when kids could just be relaxing in their own choice of clothing. It be much easier to throw on legging or sweat pants and a tee-shirt and go to school, learn, without criticism about, "is your shirt buttoned up", or " do your pants go down to your knee. Its to much trouble to reinforce. Why can't kids just relax, I know it be easier to learn if I was relaxed and not worrying if I'm going to be yelled at for my shirt not being buttoned up or my shorts reaching my knee. Its ridiculous. What do you do when its August in school and you have to wear long pants and a heavy shirt. It sucks. Another thing some schools worry about is are the too exposed. Do girls distract the boy. School dress code or not boy are still going to go after girl as well as girl will go after boys. If any gender is distracted by that then they should learn how to get their head out of the gutter and concentrate on what is important and that is studying hard and getting into college. If their mind is elsewhere than that is their problem. Doesn't mean we should have to cover up in awful clothes just so they don't "get distracted." Kids aren't able to show the real them in dress code. How you dress should be your own right. Its your body and your life. Not your schools.