Should schools have gender-neutral bathrooms for transgender students?

• Equality for all

We need to move forward and stop putting people in to little boxes. We should embrace diversity of every individual, i.e. those who don't fit into either the socially created "male, female". Everyone is different and yet we are all the same, so I think it time to make things easier for all those that don't fit into any boxes and more forward into acceptance.

• Gender Segregation is Wrong

Multi-stall gender neutral washrooms are the way to go because gender segregation is wrong. Gender segregation is based on the idea that "men" and "women" are the only choices to pigeonhole people into. We all know that gender is a spectrum and not a binary. Segregation is also wrong because because it creates a "us and them" mentality between the sexes and harms gender equality. When we unite all persons and do away with gender segregation then we all build a better society!

• Should schools have gender-neutral bathrooms for transgender students?

Yes. Trans folk have to live in fear of where they're going to use the bathroom in public, and no one should have to live with that. Even if their I.D. indicates their preferred gender, they can still get harassed, still get arrested, and still be discriminated against. It would be best if all trans folk could use their preferred restroom, but until that happens, we should provide gender neutral bathrooms for everyone that doesn't fit into the gender binary.

• Let people be who they truly are.

ABC News has found at least 58 genders so far. I think not even just for transgenders, this policy should be used for all. As time goes on, people are looking for an upending of gender roles beyond the binary of male or female.
    Everyone is different and yet we are all the same. Sexual orientation is not a life choice that they can make. They are just who they are, and they will love who they love.
    God says there should a man and a woman to be a pair, to get married. But God also says do not judge one another or you will be judged. We are all sinful in this non-perfect world. If those non-believers did not judge Christianity as a religion, how come we have the rights to judge their gender identity?
    People should stop putting people into some little boxes anymore. Everybody says no discrimination to the races or religions, but also, people should not use excuses to cover the fact of they are discriminating others because who they are.
    When people say they don’t feel safe to go to bathrooms with transgender people. I wanna say that All people should feel safe using the bathroom. Besides the fact that discrimination is so huge last year.

• It's Better Than Being Confused

Of course, some students would feel uncomfortable and confused about using the bathroom in school if they're transgender. For one, if you went into the bathroom that you went to before becoming transgender, then people would tell you it's wrong because you're not the same sex anymore. But, if you go into the other bathroom, you might be judged by people who knew you before you changed your gender. I mean, it's not like you're killing anyone to build one more bathroom. They're just doing the same business as everyone else. My gosh.

• Yes because its not right to ignore them

I believe that they should be able to go into the bathroom they feel most comfortable in going because i believe its always right to make someone feel better on what they want to do to make them happy. So if you ask me yes they should be able to go in whatever bathroom they want

• Schools are supposed to be safe

Transgender students are humans like the rest of us and the fact that they are being denied a safe facility in which they can use as a toilet without the worry of being ridiculed and bullied is simply unfair, after all how would you feel if you were transgender? How would you feel if you were being forced to go to a bathroom you don't believe is yours but by the social and factual views of many is the bathroom you must comply to? The fact that students are finding difficulty, embarrassment and confusion in something that should be so simple and is a major part in our day to day lives, simply going to the bathroom is unacceptable. The school environment should feel a safe place to learn for all and if equality is being overrided and students aren't getting the facilities that they need these students won't want to go to school, they won't learn and possibly won't be able to make the social bonds that school gives them the opportunity to make. Schools should give the option on whether they want to use the gender neutral bathroom or not, after all it shouldn't be forced upon the non transgender students to use those toilets as much as the transgender students shouldn't be forced to go to either the girls or boys toilets.

• Any human would agree.

It is not a danger for anyone. People are using that bathroom to go pee not to rape or harm any individual. To assume that is wrong, and honestly if you feel you don't agree with the bathroom simply don't use it. You don't control other people's actions, you control your own. I'm 14 years old and I understand this. Grow up.

• Any human would agree.

• Any human would agree.

• Gender is a term that was created within the last 50 years.

Biologically, there are only two options - male and female. To claim that sex is fluid is insanity. Furthermore, there is a movement brought to you by Massachusetts that promotes "transgender" childhood. Kids as young as 3 are told by their parents that they can choose what they want to be. If this trend continues, it will spell the end of civilization.

• NO! Absolutely not!

The perverts are going to use this to their advantage. If I'm out shopping and a man follows me into the bathroom, I would be terrified! No, no, no! I have counseled too many rape victims. No! This is carrying political correctness too far and putting me and others in potentially dangerous positions.

• It should be for ALL students, not just trans students!!

They do it in Europe, why cant we do it here? There is nothing to be afraid of. You eat lunch with the opposite gender, why cant you use the same facilities as they do? And let me ask another question: what is the difference between a lesbian using a female restroom and a male and a female using a gender neutral space at the same time? None! All bathrooms should be gender neutral because they binary system (male-female) is just too old-fashioned for these changing times

• Unlike the people up there,

I believe that they should be able to go into either or as I have seen a lady with breasts vagina and penis(mind you I was deep in my cup)and at the same time I have watched a women pee like a man(it was in odd experience) and think how uncomfortable they would be if they had to go into a trans gender bathroom. So I say in America we do what they do in Europe(where I met that women peeing like a male)and one bathroom for all genders thanks you.

• No way to prove it

Anyone can just say they feel they are the opposite sex just to go to the other bathroom opening an opportunity for teen sex and teen pregnancy.... Also opening opportunity for rape or claims of rape... Are they going to make these students get a doctors note before they can enter into the opposite sex bathroom? Also if these students are able to speak there mind by going into what bathroom they choose is my child able to speak his mind to let them know how he feels? ... NO THEN IT WILL BE CALLED BULLYING! So these students are able to feel comfortable but my son is not able to feel comfortable how is that fair... I am sorry but if you have a penis then you go to the boys bathroom if you have a vagina then you go to the girls bathroom.... PERIOD.

• They've already made a choice.

This shouldn't be required in schools. By the time students are in school, they've all at some point in their lives had to either choose to use the boys restroom or the girls restroom, not whichever one they felt like that day or that season. On a larger scale, we're arguing and asking for so much extra funding to go into building/arranging for a gender-neutral bathroom, when that money should go into better education in this country. On another note, look around the world to third world countries. We're lucky to even have running water and plumbing. Suck it up and go to either the boys or the girls bathroom depending on what bodily organs you were born with and use the freaking public restroom.

• Transgender people are a minority

If we are talking about public schools the answer is NO. You are in the minority of the student body if you are transgender. Public Schools should be in favor of the majority (people with one gender). Plus being transgender is just plain weird and you shouldn't get special treatment.

• Leave bathroom divided by sex.

If my son or daughter is "gender neutral" and is comfortable showering in a dorm bathroom where both/all sexes/genders are allowed, why wouldn't he/she be comfortable choosing a bathroom where only one sex/gender is allowed? Leaving bathrooms as they are, divided by sex, would enable all to feel comfortable, and for all (especially women, by statistical data) to remain in a place where they feel more safe physically and free from harassment, and able to maintain their modesty.

• No, we cannot pander to every sexual preference.

That is probably a bad way to put it, because I do know it's not considered a preference. It's clear that a transgender person being forced to use a bathroom that is designed primarily for one sex rather than another would be disadvantaged, but how many students in any one school is actually a transgender? Are we supposed to build them an entirely separate facility, and if we did would that not make them stand out more as being different? It would be more practical to make all bathrooms gender neutral, sort of like the unisex bathrooms that you sometimes see in airports. But even that would be a huge monetary investment designed to be politically correct to a very low percentage of the population.

• No. Why should they have to inconvenience themselves?

Are we talking about kids that have undergone sex changes already? Because if so, then I say to use the nurses bathroom or something. Like the person before me said, We cant pander to every sexual preference. Why should a school have to spend a ton of money for a kid that Chose to change his gender?