• People need more sleep

Kids are very fragile and they need sleep to be awake in the morning and not act like zombies....
    They can do better in school because they are more alert... It's like a teens best dream to sleep for like a LOT in the morning. I mean personally in the morning I feel like I came back from the dead

• Sleep, sleep, sleep!

Apparently people are DYING to push the start time back later in the day. I always have to get up at 5:30 in the morning just to get everything prepared in case I forget an important piece of homework. It takes me an hour and a half to do my home chores and preparation, 15 minutes to come down, tie my shoes and wait for my siblings to finish, and another 20 minutes to travel to school. I used to think that this was unjust but tolerable. But now, with everyone trying to rush me to school, I would die to have the start time for school shifted at LEAST to 12:00pm.

• It depends, but much of the time they should

Even if one's school is relatively close, waking up at 7:00 in the morning can be exhausting and for children who are developing and who need that extra sleep it can be inhibiting to learning abilities... Our society is so structured and oppressive, and school is no exception, children, especially really young children, should be given a break. Free time is one of the most critical parts of development because unlike school it gives the student time to reminisce about what they are going to do with their real life

• I say yes, schools should have later start times.

I don't think that there is anything to be lost by pushing back start times for schools across the United States. Kids do not like getting up early and do not learn very well when they are extremely tired in the morning. Later start times would help out the parents too.

• For the Kids...

Erm. I'm not going to write a whole paragraph but... Kids and teenagers don't like waking up early. What's the point of having them go to school if they aren't excited about it? If school start times were pushed back students would have more time for homework, morning prep, or just to eat breakfast.

• Kids HATE School!

Face it, kids hate school. Not only do they have to do homework and projects and work, but one of the main reasons why they hate it is because they have to wake up so early! Who wants to wake up at 6 in the morning? You'll notice the only ones supporting early school start times are adults. Adults are used to it because of their job. They're argument is that they wake up early so their kids should too. Well you are getting payed and students aren't. If anything, they're spending money on books, supplies, lunch, and transportation (if the parent drives them to school). So now you see why kids school as a waste of time. Also, when kids have early school start times, they tend to miss breakfast. This is bad (duh). In school they are very tired and are unable to concentrate. They also are cranky and are more likely to get into trouble.

• More Hours needed:

Most students have jobs after school, they have after school sports or clubs they have to be at. Assuming that they get home around 5 or 6 o'clock they have to eat and shower and probably go for there jobs from 6;30 to 10 or so on get home at 10;30 and then are expected to do homework and study for the next day of school. I don't think that the teachers and administrators realize how much time we really have during the day to wake up sp early in the morning to school. Most kids have failing grades or are dropping out 0f school because they just don't want to deal with it no more. Lets face everyone with a busy schedule needs few more hours of sleep.

• More Hours needed:

Most students have jobs after school, they have after school sports or clubs they have to be at. Assuming that they get home around 5 or 6 o'clock they have to eat and shower and probably go for there jobs from 6:30 to 10 or so on get home at 10:30 and then are expected to do homework and study for the next day of school. I don't think that the teachers and administrators realize how much time we really have during the day to wake up so early in the morning to school. Most kids have failing grades or are dropping out of school because they just don't want to deal with it any more. Let's face everyone with a busy schedule needs few more hours of sleep.

• Later is better.

In teens, melatonin is secreted much later than in little kids. Teens fall asleep later, so we wake up later. The problem is that high school starts at 7AM, and commutes can take up extra time. So, teens get up early, too early - about 6AM or earlier. However teens should be fully awake after 8AM. Let high school kids be able to get to school by 9AM. It could be better for all of us.

• Second Mouse Gets The Cheese

Schools starts way too early for most people. Some start at 7:00 in the morning. On average students take an hour to get ready some even longer up to 3 hours! By getting up early, students are losing sleep as most of the time they stay up late studying or doing homework the night before. By starting school later, students will more attentive and willing to learn, rather than rolling out of bed and sitting to learn about the Pythagorean Theorem at 7:00 AM. If the day started later, students would need to be required to stay later to make the day the s amount. Ex: schools that starts at 7:00 and get out at 130 would start at 9:00-3:30.

• No thank you

This will cause school districts more money for more buses and redesign in routes also the will have to purchase outdoor lighting for every sports field because practices will run late. This is just very inconvenient for students parents teachers and other community members. I think start times should remain early

• More Time in The Day

I don't think that school's should have a later starting time. I think that going to school earlier, and getting out earlier is a better system. Being excused from school early gives you the rest of the day to do homework, and other activities like sports. I think that schools should change the system, making the school day start at an earlier start time and an earlier release time.

• No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China China

• No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :( No :(

• Tip to tip

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Tip to tip

• More day light

After school activities. Most of them need daylight and for more than half of the school year is winter and it gets dark early. Also children need more time to do their homework and they can't get their assignments in the morning before school so they would need the most time they can get

• No no no

No no no no no no no schools should not start later no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no