Should schools have Naked In School Programs to deal with sexuality easier?

Asked by: Propublicnudism2
  • People, parents in general, are treating something beautiful like sex, as if it was a terrible monster. It needs to stop.

I believe parents and authority figures alike have stolen the magic that we have associated with sex. They took what people believed was sacred and warped it into a monster over the generations. And yet who pays for these mistakes the adults make? Them? NO! It's the kids, the children, the innocent bystanders. I may be spouting just empty passion here, but you would not believe what I went through as a child. I don't even remember because they are repressed. So instead of parents "deciding" to make their kids wait because they need to be older, I propose an NIS program. "Naked In School" It'll come with it's own set rules to force other students to comply. Reasonable Requests, expulsion on exploitation, anything to help the students chosen to go naked for one week in school learn of their bodies and sexuality. It would be much easier than having parents scared of telling their versions of sex doing the job.

• Remove the taboo

I think if people could just get over their hangups about the naked body, the world would be a better place. I believe it would prevent a lot of sexual harassment in the end, in the same way that relaxed drinking age reduces adult alcohol abuse, because the "taboo" is removed.

• A wonderful idea!

This is a great way to help young adolescents through the difficult transition to sexual maturity. A well thought out Naked in School program would help control sexually transmitted disease, avoid unwanted pregnancy, overcome childhood inhibitions against teen sex, and best of all - promote fun! Everybody would benefit: The kids would would be eager to go to school and would enjoy earlier and more frequent sex, the teachers would experience a more exciting work environment, and society in general would become a more loving place.

• Natural buity in the body

Clothes were invented to protect the body and give comfort, fabic was softer that wood. But because people wore clothes all the time they became the norm, not the body behind them. Its a shame that sociaty has excepted this, but the younger generation should be able to choose for themselves whether or not to think of the body as the norm or not. I do personaly, but you souldnt force the kids to do it, give them the choice

• I think they should for only girls

I'm a full nudist girl and I hate having to wear clothes toschool all the girls are so scared to be nude the boys are not it should be a gradeuateing requirement for gis not boys post pics of ursces nude girls and become nudists it's fun so do it

• Nudity is Natural

I believe that if something like nudity was an every day occurrence as opposed to something that was kept locked away and hidden, people would stop treating things like sex as such a bad thing. Like it or not, sex has become less a matter of procreation than recreation. That is to say, sex is now being done for fun. So it becomes a matter of making sure everybody understands their own body, and others.
    Our current society is so frightened of nudity, not because nudity is bad, but because it is different from what has been done for centuries.
    Why do children experiment with things before they are ready? Because they are curious. Why are they curious? Because it is unknown to them.
    If nudity was a natural casual part of the day for everybody, becoming more aware of themselves, then perhaps people would be more willing to accept others differences as well.

• Sounds innocent enough

The only thing is that there would have to be rules put in place to keep students from doing things they don't want to do and to keep girls from being raped. Also if the participants of such a program had to be 100% willing then you wouldn't have the problem of students who are uncomfortable with such a thing complaining about being forced to do things. And the rules for each student should be up to the student and not teachers or other students, like what reasonable things to be asked to do would be. And also giving students the option to choose who they allow to do things for that have asked.

• Easing them in gently

If we introduced it gradually, like teaching younger kids how to behave in that situation, what constitutes a 'reasonable request' and why bullying someone or saying bad things about them at that week is wrong, and how you should never take photos without permission etc. And then not actually introduce the week until they are say 13-15 (the age many kids lose their virginity already studies show) then everything will be much smoother. If we back this up with 'confidence classes' that will teach kids to be comfortable in their own skin, regardless of age, physical development or color combined with very serious punishments for teasing, harassment and the possibility of stealing photos for the internet then most problems solved! As for fears of molestation or other abuse by adults... Well, during classes, there are of course all the other students around, who have been taught that an adult touching or 'engaging' with a child under 16 is wrong, then they are expected to report it. Combine that with with a schools extensive security cameras, and you realize there aren't many places to hide and do that, and since ALL participants are required to remain in full view at all times, according to the stories, it would be impossible for an adult to take them anywhere without people realizing whats going on. That covers just about everything... Oh, yeah. I also feel, that to get the full benefit, this should be a world wide thing, not just over there in America. It would be beneficial to us in Britain too!

• Ease in the process

When I was in school many kids would get pantsed (sometimes their underwear would be pulled down too) or get their clothes stolen during showers, and would be seen naked, looking for their clothes, and made fun of, this wouldn't happen if the kids were used to it. Just start when they're young, and continue it until they are out of school.

• Openess, elimination of curiosity

One of the biggest issues in school is the fact that boys and girls are so busy trying to impress through dress (or lack thereof) that if it was required to have some type of nudity activity (such as nude swimming), they would be less inclined to show off becuase they would have "been there, done that".

• "Naked In School" Program is not a real thing. Why is this question here?

The "Naked In School Program" is a work of erotic fiction intended for adults in which other people can contribute to.
    It is not a real program.
    You can google "Naked In School Program" or, better yet, "Naked in School Pamphlet" is more straight to the point as far as explaining.

This question should not even be here.

• Sexual Ethics are Varied

Many cultures, including several western subcultures, attribute moral weight to how one dresses, and to seeing other people naked or poorly clothed. Public schools should be as inclusive as possible, and must therefore respect these large portions of the population who believe public nudity to be wrong. Teens who want to be naked together can go skinny dipping at a party if they want.

• Self Esteem Worries

Although I agree that sex should not be hidden from the world, having children naked in front of their peers will only instigate self esteem issues. Kids who are overweight, scrawny, or have relatively smaller sex organs will be made fun of and will learn nothing but shame and guilt.

• Are you insane?

Why in gods name would you want such a thing?

I"m not sure who told you that it was the schools job to teach kids about sex (its not by the way, thats something they have pushed for repeatedly though. )

This seems like a HUGE distraction from what kids are at school to actually do (Learn basic educational things like reading, math, and history).

Furthermore, your going to lets kids make a decision that potentially effects the rest of they're lives before they really know what they're doing.

(One camera phone and you have nude pictures on the internet for life, do you want that?)

This is just a terrible, terrible Idea.

• No it is non-humane

I think schools should not have naked in school programs because children are very kind and innocent they may not even be able to understand things rightly at such a tender age.Also if we talk about adults then it may cause rise in no. Of molestation and other abuses .So i guess it is totaly irrevelent to say about yes to this topic!!

• No, just no

Think about it! Would you want your kids to be walking around nude, which would give bullies more ways to pick on them if the kids are underdeveloped? And to the person who said it should only apply to boys, that is just unfair. What about the insecure girls? Girls look confortable, but they're really not.

• NOOOOO. It should NOT.

Children should NOT go naked in school. It is wrong morally and publically and is just a stupid idea. Children are NOT little naive kids unless if they go to a sheltered school or is sheltered in every single way possible. Children will learn about sexuality on their own, its a natural thing. Letting children go naked in school is perverted and unacceptable. Kids will learn what boys and girls have from the media, other people, and from living their own experiances. Letting kids go naked in school will not boost their self esteem it will just make everybody self conscious and compare themselves to other children. Sex is a private and intimate experiance that should not be shared with everybody. Letting everybody know what they look like naked ruins all of that and is just disgusting and vile. This should NOT be in schools. Whoever came up with this is obviously brainwashed by a sheltered society and by society's expectations.

• Why is this a question?

First of all, the fiction series the original poster referred to is erotica. Meaning that it's meant to be erotic. Read the stories if you don't believe me.

Anyway, forcing students to be naked in school would just open up more opportunities for bullying because if a kid who's already being bullied is forced to walk around without clothes, he or she is just going to become a bigger target for bullying. Even if the program is used as a punishment (i.E. Making bullies strip down as punishment), that doesn't address the fact that if a few photos are snapped via smartphone, they can be put on the internet forever.

My second point is that there are children who come from conservative families that would retaliate against the schools that employ these programs. Not to mention that some kids would probably look for ways around the rules, or gladly accept expulsion to avoid walking around school au naturel.

Basically, it's an idea originating from a series of erotic fiction that is impractical in reality.

• Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Ok, as someone who is currently in school, I can say without a doubt, NO ONE would enjoy it. Bullying and teasing would be out of control, and it could cause huge self esteem issues. If someone wants to be nude, don't do it at school. If someone's not comfortable with their sexuality, then they should seek professional help, not have it forced upon them by a place of education.

As I said, I am a student in high school, and I know that my peers (at least in my school) would agree.

• Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

hewsonjew says2013-06-17T03:50:44.220
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing my crush naked...