Should schools have tablets instead of textbooks?

• Tablets overpower textbooks

Proponents of tablets say that they are supported by most teachers and students, are much lighter than print textbooks, and improve standardized test scores. They say tablets can hold hundreds of textbooks, save the environment by lowering the amount of printing, increase student interactivity and creativity, and that digital textbooks are cheaper than print textbooks.

• Technology v.S Textbooks

I will admit that cool tablets could cause a distraction to students. But I will also say that there are more pros than cons. Studies show that students learn faster and better if the learning is fun. I also agree. I am in high school and I wish that tablets were more endorsed in my school. Another thing is that tablets are so much lighter than textbooks, and if you have to carry that book around all day, there are serious injuries that could come out of it. I'm just saying that I am for technology over textbooks. <3

• Technology v.S Textbooks

• Technology vs Textbooks

Ok I will admit that this cool technology could be a distraction. But, technology has so many benefits. Such as, that tablets are so much lighter than textbooks and if teachers require students to carry their textbooks all the time, they should use the lighter more easy option. Also studies show that students learn faster if the learning is easier and more fun.
    Personally, I would like to see tablets used in my high school before I graduate.

• Cheaper, Saves Trees, Saves Space

Tablets with textbooks downloaded onto them, are cheaper in the long run. The technology saves space and trees as it obviates the need for paper versions or shelves upon which to store them. Carrying a tablet around also obviates the backpack--no more back strain with 10 books crammed into a cloth sack on a student's back. A tablet could revolutionize the education system from kindergarten to college.

• Tablets instead of textbooks.

Students should have tablets instead of textbooks because textbooks are big heavy and they only last a couple of years or less. Students are constantly complaining of heavy backpacks and going to lockers is a waste of time and locker jams are a constant problem with janitor teacher and assistants going to help the students with opeining the lockers. With tablets, each student will have one through out there schooling years. It would be much much eaiser than carrying and replacing textbooks also it will help of the cost of fixing lockers and give the students more time to learn, lighter backpacks, and less complaining.

• Tablets should be used

It is proven that using tablets instaed of textbooks has improved test scores. You have so many more options on textbooks are so much less. It would be less expensive in the long run. They are also lighter and students dont have to carry around heavy textbooks. Tablets would be alot better

• Tablets rule dude

T t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t t t t t t t t tt t t t t ttt t tt t t ttttt t t t t t

• Tablets rule dude

• Tablets rule dude

• Tablets are bad

Tablets are bad because every student will use the tablets to play games or other things that are not educational purposes and the people will make excuses like i lost the charger or my tablet broke/freeze,they make this excuses to not do there homework,a project,or other things that there teacher tells them what they had to do.

• Can cause blınndness

ENERGY-SAVING 'green' LED lights can cause serious damage to the retina, according to recent research by Spanish scientists.
    And once the cells are destroyed by prolonged and continuous exposure to LED rays, they cannot be replaced and will not regrow.This is caused by the high levels of radiation in the 'blue band', and is likely to become a global epidemic in the medium term given that computer, mobile phone and TV screens, and even traffic lights and street lights, have been gradually replaced with LED.

• Scools Should Not Have Tablets Instead of Textbooks

No, schools should not have tablets instead of textbooks as tablet technology is not quite at the place it needs to be in order to completely replace textbooks. As it stands right now, tablets are too prone to crashing and losing information to make replacing textbooks a truly viable option.

• No, but for different reasons than you'd expect

I see tablets as being extremely helpful. It would remove the necessity of spending hundreds of dollars for textbooks every year, replacing them with cheaper e-Books instead. It would save trees, as you'd only need to use bandwidth instead of paper. And it would remove the inconvenience of students having to carry around bulky and heavy textbooks everywhere.

However, there are very little textbooks available as e-Books. The tablets just end up being useless and a waste of money, because you simply can't do anything with it.

The idea's great, but it's too early for its time.

• Books Instead Of Tablets

It will cause a distraction such as playing game chatting. It is also destroy able and can loose data unlike exercise books. Exercise books do not need internet to work so there is no excuse for slow server so you did not do your home-work or research for class-work in school.

• Using Tablets could cause a lot of frustration in schools.

The Students would be able to use many more excuses. Such as " My tablet froze\broke." or they lost the charger. This would result in them never doing their homework and therefore frustrating the teachers.
    The tablets are also more valuable and destroyable than textbooks. Tablets use precious metals and cost a lot so every time a student brakes one ( which will be many times ) it will waste those metals. Not to mention we could eventually run out. Tablets can be broken and destroyed much easier than a textbook. If a book gets wet its no big deal, but if a tablet gets wet it could be permanently ruined.

• Tablets increase the number of excuses a student can use!

Students have many more excuses for not getting their homework done. Such as " I lost my charger \ The battery died \ My tablet froze or broke." This would result in the frustration of teachers and other students and would ruin the structure of the school we have now.

• We shouldn't replace textbooks!

It is dumbing the kids and not good for health! And it is more expensive for the parents. These kids are getting to distracted with these tablets. We need to use student textbooks, not tablets. Plus tablets cost more if they brake, if a book breaks we can just tape it together.

• We shouldn't replace textbooks!