• Discipline and Attitude

If pupils wear uniforms, this shows that the school manages the discipline very well and will not be looked down on other students to other schools. Students also show how much they care about their school by wearing school uniforms.
    ALSO, if there are no school uniforms, students can wear whatever they want in public.

• I actually agree.

I'm just gonna be. Out there and say I'm twelve so this possibly could be invalid just me thinking for myself not others. I used to be made fun of for not wearing shorts and the girls don't like me because i don't look "athletic"? I mean seriously... Then when I wear shorts for the first time everyone made fun of me because my legs were "too hairy" . What the hell?

• It's just clothes, dude.

Well, haven't you heard the phrase, "eww, what are you wearing? You look like a loser," or something like that? If you have uniforms nobody can say that. Well, if your defense is kids should wear what they want and shouldn't have rules for this, remember this is only for school. You can wear whatever you want at your friend's house. Some kids wear appropriate yet distracting clothes which can take your attention off of learning, and if you take up most of your time before school because you don't know what to wear? Problem solved. Plus school uniforms look good all the time.

• Stops bullying and saves money.

In this article I will be giving reasons, and examples why schools should require students to wear school uniforms.
    Students who wear ripped shirts, saggy pants, and chains all say the same thing; “I don’t care I’m dumb enough to wear this!” Would you wear these clothes for a job interview?
    Most kids that are bullied get bullied by their clothes. The kids buy new clothes because they’re getting picked on. They should focus more on school instead of the latest trend, or getting bullied. This can help stop anxiety or self-consciousness. It is important to show your individuality, but it shouldn't be about the clothes that express you; it should be about how you act or what you have to say that expresses you. It can save parents a lot of money from buying you the latest trend every 3 months.

• I say yes

I am just trying to convey that uniforms will kill inequality between different classes of people. It is one of the best ideas schools have given to bring in equality between people. I am proud of my uniform! There is no differentiation and no judgment on the type of clothes we wear. People have no choice and have no right to judge you in a uniform. It creates a disciplinary environment and makes you less conscious of your clothing. This should smooth the bit harsher statement below!

• Uniforms DO NOT limit expression.

I feel like I have to get this fact straight because many people seem to have forgotten that we are not all books to be judged by our cover! What happened to complimenting someone on what they said or did last period instead on how their jacket looks nice. Though clothing is a big part on judging others in today's society, it is not all we should be thought of as. By unifying students' dress, it pushes them to find new and creative ways to make their mark in someone's mind. Students would need to participate more as well as join clubs and be social if they wanted to stand out. Isn't that what we need now that technology has axed down on our daily face-to-face interactions?

• School uniforms would benefit schools

One of the many supporting reasons I have chosen to support my opinion with, is the fact that planning an outfit can take an extensive amount of time. Because of the fact that many people care so much about their appearance people often end up waking up earlier in the morning to fit in the time needed. But, with school uniforms it would almost be effortless to plan an outfit. And, because it would take less time, students will be able to get enough sleep to do well academically, which would benefit our school.
    Secondly, the matter of bullying is often is caused, if a person cannot afford to buy the popular brand of clothes. These people often feel neglected and left out. Additionally, these reasons effect some people's self-esteem, because they feel they need a certain brand or style of clothes that they can't get because of their parents' money situation. School uniforms would solve this problem because everyone's clothes would be the same style and look, so there would not be any reason for their parents to buy them clothes of a certain style or brand because the student would be required to were something that did not fit in those two categories.
    My third reason supporting school uniforms, is that my classmate's (and, I admit I have done this before) pressure their parents to buy the clothes they want. Often resulting in the parents giving in then, resulting in stress and budgeting problems for my and my classmate's parents. School uniforms would eliminate the want, and competition for these clothes and the nagging and begging would cut down, therefore school uniforms would again benefit families.
    My fourth supporting, is that school uniforms would bring our school together. With school uniforms, our school would be able to overlook the differences we all have, and would give us a school unity we could definitely benefit from. It would also give a school pride that does not presently exist at our school.
    One of the main reasons, why people are so unwilling to have school uniforms, is they believe that with uniforms the students will not have the freedom of expression that they supposedly have without them. I disagree with this statement and believe that the students in fact should avoid expressing themselves with their clothes, and instead should express it in other ways, such as writing, drawing, or just plain old being themselves.

• Yes it saves money and time.

I have gone to a school with a uniform once and I loved it! It saved so much time in the mornings and I expressed my individuality in other ways. I loved how much money I saved also! You have to do laundry every week but who do sent do that anyway?

• It's a source of pride!

You might think that uniforms are dumb, but actually they are not.They tell you if you are a school student or not. It can make you feel good and proud that you are a part of the school. It may keep you out of bullies and intruders. Uniforms also mean the school's source of pride. So uniforms are good.

• Supports discipline and teaches how to follow simple rules.

If students must wear a uniform, it teaches them how to follow basic rules (such as how they must dress) which leads to less disciplinarian problems. If you have to wear a uniform, you get in trouble if you don't, and if you learn to follow basic rules you will be less likely to break other rules, such as rules about violence and fighting. This makes it a safer environment in schools, leading to a better education for all.

• One thousand times NO!

Nobody wants to wear uniforms and we shouldn't have to, because they're ugly, uncomfortable, money-grabbers, and creativity-snatchers. Most of the uniforms are expensive and people can't afford them, therefore, the child gets in trouble continually by an adult. The adult, not knowing of the situation that they are dealing with, makes it worse. Nobody likes uniforms, they don't help with your education or learning abilities so I don't know where anybody got that from because I go to a very intelligent academy that teaches us 2-4 grades above the grade you're actually in, and you don't see one person there wearing a uniform. Or getting bullied for that reason.

• A kid's point of view.

Let the kids decide not the parents. The kids are the ones that are wearing the clothes after all. I personally choose no uniforms because then I won't have to go searching in the morning for the uniforms. Also by having no uniforms we have more freedom of expression. Sure there can be a dress code imposing limits. At the 2 middle schools I have been to, one had uniforms, the other did not. I preferred the one without because people got along better. In the school with the uniforms people always were getting in trouble for small things such as an un-tucked shirt or wearing a slightly brighter color. Think about it like this, what is the point of wearing uniforms? The only people who wear uniforms in life are the people who work at McDonald's and other low or average paying jobs. The people who don't are normally having the time of their life and you don't see them having to wear what they're told to. If it's one thing then think like a kid not an adult. Us kids are the ones who are wearing it so the only thing parents should have to complain about is maybe searching for uniforms or kids not choosing what to wear fast enough or too pricey clothes. Kids will always judge others based on what they wear. At the school I'm going to now (with uniforms) they still judge others on shoes, type of pants, accessories and other small things. I am in 8th grade, 14, top of my class, straight A student already doing high school classes.

• Absolutely no uniforms should be allowed. Wake up people!!!!

Adults are like yada yada yada we need uniforms!!! Us kids need a say!!! WE KIDS SAY NO. The world isn't fair, so learn early that it is not!!!!!! And it expresses something called INDIVIDUALITY most people haven't heard about. Uniforms aren't versatile, they are costly, and a girl I know had a rash break out because of the materials in the uniforms!!! DO NOT DO UNIFORMS. YOU WILL THANK ME.

• Throw this out.

No, schools should not have uniforms. If kids are bullying others because of what they wear, parents and teachers need to deal with that and fix the issue. Teaching kids that the way to get along is to strip them of one of the ways that can express themselves is wrong.

• Throws creativity out the window!

Forcing students to wear the same thing all the time destroys creativity. Creativity is an important part of building a productive, problem solving person that can find there way out of any situation. While sucking the creativity out of a student is very counterproductive to building a strong education out of a student.

• Kids need to express themselves!

Kids at school need a way to express themselves and who they are as people; clothes are a way to do that. Mahatma Gandhi once said “he who loses individuality loses all”. Kids should not have to dull their shine because schools say it's fairer. For me, it’s very important what you wear and how you present yourself. I like to dress up and look nice for school because it reflects who I am. Some kids take lots of time in the morning picking out their clothes simply because they like to. Schools should not be allowed to deprive them of that enjoyment. School uniforms are boring and drab, who wants to go to a place every day and look just like everyone else? No one likes to just fit into the crowd. On the first day of school everyone wants to look nice, and on picture day everyone dresses the way they want to. If you had school uniforms, you wouldn’t be able to do that.

• NEVER!!!!! I disagree!!!

Schools should not have uniforms because:
    A) they take your creativity away.
    B) It costs more to get uniforms AND normal clothes where as when you can pass the normal clothes as school clothes when there are no uniforms.
    People say that it distracts people from learning. ANY PROOF BUDDY??? Have you ever heard a student say " Miss, I can't concentrate on the test because of ... John's ugly shirt!" No no one ever complained about being distracted! And as a kid, i would not want to go to school with uniforms. As for bullying about clothes. Yes i know it happens but the school can take stand. And what is this, a chick flick! Mean girls go " Did you get those shoes in a garage sale?" DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN. This is the 21 century and creativity is a big part of that so please dont take our freedom away!

• Self expression is important.

Clothing is one way of expressing yourself, and taking away the ability for people to choose what they wear and how they look deprives them of self expression and takes their choices away from them. People who say that uniforms even the playing field from bullying are wrong. Bullies are not stupid, all they will do is find some other way of making others feel inferior.

• No! Heck to the no schools should not have uniforms.

They are kids for goodness sake. Let them be themselves; creative ,imaginative and unique. If you take that away from them then how are they going to learn to express themselves when they grow up? They are not like adults. They don't need to wear a suit and tie and a skirt. They are kids and it only lasts for a little, but if you want to see your little baby growing up into this adult at the age of six then go ahead, that's your choice.

• Absolutely not. Uniforms kill self-expression and creativity.

Uniforms in the learning environment promote conformity and authoritarianism. Allowing a child to express themselves is an extremely important part of creating an adult human that has the capability to think and act for themselves. If we strive for conformity in our children, we run the risk of laying the groundwork for an anti-democratic future.

Anonymous says2013-04-04T18:56:57.123
Uniforms suck****
Anonymous says2013-05-23T17:26:22.243
School uniforms will cause other types of bullying it will make bullying more physical and honestly there are just a few people who actually get mad when someone says something about your clothes. Uniforms are uncomfortable and why dont you have a confrence with kids cause kids know what type of bullying goes on so adults and teachers saying it will help academicly doesnt make much sense because there isnt many people who sit and class and be like i want that and i want this. Kids will feel more awkward because they will have to look the same and it will just bring out more types of bullying and bullying on different things