Should schools let students wear see through shirts with tang tops?

Asked by: username_35
  • It's not revealing anything!

All a tank top shows is arms! Whats wrong with that!!! There's nothing revealing about a see-through shirt with a tank top under it and I don't see why the setting being school makes the situation any different. Even though school is certainly a place to learn, students lives primarily base around there time at school. They should be able able to express themselves in other ways than studies.

• Just because its see through doesn't mean its inappropriate

I wear see through shirt but obviously i wear a tank top underneath it. There's nothing inappropriate, its a shirt with another shirt. Its all how you wear and carry the clothing item that will make it trashy or not trashy. And tank tops aren't that sexually promiscuous they cover more than a bra.

• What's Wrong With It?

I do sometimes. I am going to be in middle school, but don't judge me. I have always worn a tank top under it and no one has ever said a thing about it. I have more see through shirts than regular shirts, which I think is odd, but it was really the only thing I could find my size outside of really kids like shirts with unicorns. I would buy other shirts but I don't exactly come from money and see throughs are the cheapest shirts. And it's cute. You wouldn't even know it's see through with a white tank top, like I wear.

• All or nothing.

They should let students wear what ever they want - Even if that's a bikini or a full clown costume! As long as it's not illegal (like coming in nude) then the school should have no say on what a person puts on (or doesn't) their body.

But if they feel the need to ban even one thing, then they should have a school uniform. That way there is no room for discrimination.

• It's not showing anything.

The tang top should be there, that would be really gross if somebody did not wear a shirt under. Also nothing is seen and does not distracted anybody, also it's really cute. You might not sweat that much since it is light weight. Lots of stores sell them so they're easy to find.

• Of course no!

School isn't the proper place to show our clothes or flirt with boys through dressing. It's about learning not fashion! Moreover schools wich let the students wear see through skirts acquire bad reputation. Although teenagers don't understand the banning of improper clothing at school there are many important reasons which will help them in the future. Later, when they will be supposed to work most of their chiefs won't allow them to dress in the way the have habituate. It's a very serious consern and it has to be considered by all principals immediately!

• What's the point of wearing a veil over your tank? What's the point of wearing a "see-through" shirt? Impractical and unwanted attention alert!

Though everyone has their fashion preferences and their own reasons for going to school, generally, school IS supposed to be an environment for learning. Maybe one could make friends with other people who too, like the choice of super-thin fabric. Maybe it would be best just to play it safe and not rouse up the school principal.

Most "sensible" people would claim that see-through shirts would contribute to defeating the purpose of being in school. The see-through shirts (the name!) would be distracting, and aren't that protective, thus they have limited wearable function.

Sure they're cute and they have some aesthetic quality that some people get, but it's school and you would have to be focused on your education. If fashion's your thing, fine, but the see-through shouldn't be in school.

See-through shirts = a trend that is soon to be dead. It'll just be one of those things that girls wear in the summer just to look cute and feel free.

• No one wants to see that

Some people are not meant to wear see through shirts and no one wants to see someones stomach. If you want to wear outside of school go ahead but most jobs will not allow people to wear see through shirts, school should be treated as a job.

Follow @camryn_cenderelli on instagram