• £39.98 total price for a scchool jumper and a skirt

It's absolutely extortionate and you have to get two pairs of everything. Then around 3 - 6 months later you have to get another set because they've grown out of it... It is a strain especially when the school is so strict over the uniform, also having to have full uniformed P.E kit. I'm worried that my child may get detention because I couldn't afford to get her P.E kit.. How many hundreds spent and only on one child...

• Schools should lower the cost of school uniforms

The cost of school uniforms should be halved, I can understand the safety aspect of having the school logo on the clothing (and I think this is where we get stung on our purses and wallets) I'm sure the cost to embroider is no where near the amount we have to fork out for and to have the logo on almost every item of clothing is ridiculous.

• Schools should not charge at all for their uniforms.

I think that if a school requires the students to wear a uniform they should keep them affordable especially in today's economy. Thinking about the cost of tuition, books, field trips etc. I believe that uniforms should be made to be affordable. It might be a good idea to have a supply of uniforms or a fund for families that are struggling with day to day costs to alleviate this additional stress.

• School uniforms should be lowered

The cost of uniforms should be lowered. First of all your going to have to buy new uniforms on a daily basis. Say if you grow out of them or switch to a new school were the uniform color is different. You also have to buy clothes for outside of school which with the economy today most parents wont be able to afford to do that.

• Low-er! Low-er! Low-er

The school wants to track their kids then lower the price. If they don't want to lower the price, than no uniforms. Not all people can afford them. And anyways, once you move to a new school, that school is not going to have the same uniforms. When they start to not fit you,you need to buy more, but you don't have anymore money.

• Yes,schools should lower the price for uniforms.

If it is so important for all the students should match in the uniforms then the price for the uniforms have to at a price where all students and their families can afford it no matter how poor they actually are.Sometimes companies will give discounts to schools that buy in large enough volume.

• Yes they should

I think that schools should lower the prices for school uniforms. I think that the initial uniforms should be available for every student, regardless of wealth. But I think it would be fine to charge more for excessive uniforms. I think that everyone should get a chance to own the school uniform without hurting the financial stability of the parents.

• Corporate Sponsors Are the Way to Go

Schools should seek corporate sponsors for their uniforms from places such as Scholastic, Harcourt Brace, book publishers, computer manufacturers, educational supply companies and the like. As long as the logos on the uniforms are tasteful and the companies actually have a vested interest in education, there is nothing wrong with trying to get corporations to foot the bill for school uniforms.

• School Uniforms Shouldn't Be Expensive

For schools that require uniforms, the price on these attire options should be reduced. Many schools charge an arm and a leg for uniforms. Such uniforms are wholly unnecessary, and schools shouldn't force parents to pay heavily for them. Lowering the price makes uniforms more worthwhile for parents and students.

• In This Economy Uniforms Should Be More Affordable

I think that if a school requires the students to wear a uniform they should keep them affordable especially in today's economy. Thinking about the cost of tuition, books, field trips etc. I believe that uniforms should be made to be affordable.

If a parent has lost a job, or has had their hours cut the expense of uniforms may be a strain. If the school doesn't require uniforms the cost of clothing for school could be offset either by hand me downs, or thrift stores.

It might be a good idea to have a supply of uniforms or a fund for families that are struggling with day to day costs to alleviate this additional stress.

• School uniforms shouldn't be required at school

No school should ever require school uniforms at all. Think about it, who would want to be stuck in class, taking a test in an itchy, uncomfortable, and terrible school uniform? School uniforms help with nothing and just suppress individuality. I know that some kids are made fun of because of their clothes but, imagine all of the sudden, you need school uniforms. You now need two wardrobes!

• Schools Do Not Manufacturer Clothing

Schools should not be held responsible for the price of clothing or uniforms. The schools set guidelines about uniforms, they do not manufacturer the uniforms themselves. The uniforms must be obtained from a source, a company, and they are the ones that set the prices, since they have them manufactured.