• I agree we need to support PSEK and BeNab** survivors

Through the years many people have fallen into the trap of the psek and the benab**. That type of bullying takes place on one specific media that is called Google Classroom. Here schools have complete accesss and shoud STOP this as soon as possible. However, Action is rarely take. This is killing people from the inside and we need to stop it as soon as possible. To save a life call, 1800-YOUR-MOM

• Fe ged fg

Think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• Yes, schools should definitely punish cyber-bullying, even if off-campus.

Although the event did not happen in school, the school is responsible for what may happen after the event in school. It may affect a child's learning ability, social life, and how they participate in class. All of these problems happen in school. Other authorities should be contacted and involved, but the school should not be completely disregarded and not involved.

• Yes They Should

I think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• The bullying could continue during school hours

If a person is getting cyberbullied it can continue during school. The bully could still attack the person over the internet during school and could attack them in person instead of the internet. I feel that the school should do something about it because if the cops aren't doing anything about it the person can attempt or even be successful to kill themselves.

• Well...It would depend

Based on the situation, they should not be able to do anything. If the bullying is brought to the school, and it started off campus, then yes. If it is physically shown, in person, that the person is being bullied, then the school should take command of the situation. Otherwise, if it is between one child and another child, and that they physically do not interact with them in person ON school grounds, it should be dealt with by blocking the bully or contacting parents if you know them.

• Well...It would depend

• Helps stop the problem

Some kids don't like it when the adult gets them in trouble. Kids should not have to deal with bullies at all. No one should have to deal with mean people and or children. People need to learn how to raise their kids! Don't let your kids hurt others online or at school.

• Cyberbullying is a big problem

No-one should be bullied at all so for people to say that life should go on without anyone on their side is bull crap. Kids and Adults both are bullied but it always happens from this social networking and people think that school has to stay away and watch kids and adults suffer. I guess put yourself in that position and see what you want. If school helped you when you were bullied you would be more than happy that they helped you.

• This is why..

Schools have a duty of care to make sure that their students are safe and protected while in school. If the student is not in school, they are vulnerable to bullying on or outside of social media. Currently, schools are not to intervene with cyberbullying unless they are referenced or are the victim.
    We believe that schools should intervene as it can not only effect the student outside of school, but also in school. It can cause the student to be angry, tired, or sad with a bad wellbeing. It may affect a child's learning ability, social life, and how they participate in class. All of these problems happen in school. This means that the school must intervene as it comes under the duty of care policy.
    The Childs parents must also be involved as it is their Childs social media and their health and safety. The bullying may also continue during school and this can cause anger. If a teacher asks “Hey Jimmy what’s wrong?” They may be the anger rebound. This can also be the same with the parents.
    If it is a threat it is not the schools problem, the case will then be handed to the police. Bullying can really hurt self-confidence. Most kids don’t tell their parents about cyberbullying because they don’t want to be bullied even more for bringing their parents into it. However, if the school is involved the bullying will most likely stop or be reduced.

• No because it

The parents responsibility to know what your kid is doing on their smartphone,laptops,ipad/tablets,etc.So if the kid is cyberbullying it the parents fault for nothing looking out for there kid and it the other kids fault because he's not telling his parents he is being bully.And is these kid keep being bully he might take it to fr and kill himself

• Absolutely positively, NOT!

The school is not needed in these situations because lets say your house gets robbed, who would you call the school or the police? The police right, so why isn't this the same? Bullying during school hours should be dealt with the school, but if the cyber bullying happens off campus, it should not be "the schools problem" it violates the students rights because how would the school know if a student comments something mean on anothers post? Did they make a fake account to "monitor" all the students? It is basically stalking.

• Hold up now

So this stuff just gets to a creepy point, like why should the school be stalking kids instagram account. What's next? They probably gonna be coming to my house and telling me not to crap with the door open! If i decide to dis Jimmy on fortnite thats my problem, lets not get the school involved. Also you should let kids and their parents deal with that... WE GOT RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!!!

• Hold up now

• Hold up now

• Hold up now

• Hold up now

• No way broski

Okay there's this thing called a block button. Use it. Voila, no more cyberbullying. Like really. Also how would schools punish cyberbullying? "Sorry but you called Jimmy a jerk, suspended". Sorry, but in this case there is a whole slough of things the student could do. For example: Don't go on that specific form of social media anymore or block them. Seriously. Real bullying is harder to stop because youre with that person face to face, but with cyberbullying you have wayyyy more options as the person being bullied to do something about it yourself.

• It violates the 1st amendment of the US constitution

In the first amendment of the US constitution states that you have the freedom of speech. Therefor, if this is not on school grounds, they have no right to punish the student. Follow the constitution, schools! You people have to obey the law just as much as we have to!