• The bullying could continue during school hours

If a person is getting cyberbullied it can continue during school. The bully could still attack the person over the internet during school and could attack them in person instead of the internet. I feel that the school should do something about it because if the cops aren't doing anything about it the person can attempt or even be successful to kill themselves.

• Fe ged fg

Think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• Yes, schools should definitely punish cyber-bullying, even if off-campus.

Although the event did not happen in school, the school is responsible for what may happen after the event in school. It may affect a child's learning ability, social life, and how they participate in class. All of these problems happen in school. Other authorities should be contacted and involved, but the school should not be completely disregarded and not involved.

• Yes They Should

I think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• Not Fair, but Not Their Right

I personally hate cyber-bullying. I hate bullying period. This is coming from a guy who was bullied during school. Although bullying isn't right & I'd hate to see others being bullied, I still feel that if the bullying does not take place on school grounds it is not the schools job to punish kids while of campus. I also say that they should punish it if they are using the schools property or technology they should be punished.

• Fe ged fg

• I think they should not.

I think schools should not punish kids for cyber bullying off site, though it is not fair to kids for being bullied at places like Facebook because it is not their job. State law states that the student that attends a school is the school's responsibility until they reach their house. Once the child is in their house it is the parents responsibility not theirs.

• Bullies' Rights Unprotected

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled during "Doninger v. Niehoff" that "a student may be disciplined for expressive content, even conduct occurring off school grounds, when this conduct would foreseeably create a risk of substantial disruption within the school environment, [and] it was similarly foreseeable that the off-campus expression might also reach campus." Because the students who are engaging in cyberbullying are doing so in a manner that will almost certainly result in it reaching campus in some manner, this action is not protected under the First Amendment.

• Yes, The School Must Punish Cyber-bullying

Cyber-bullying damages the victim's academic capability by attacking them mentally and emotionally, which may affect their physical well being as well. Since the student is attacking another student in the school, the school is not completely unrelated to the issue. It has all the rights to ensure a safe environment for its students. Having a bullied student in the class does NOT promote a safe learning environment for the rest of the class.

• I Think They Should

I think they should because people should not have to put up with it. I think people who cyberbully should be punished in every way shape or form. I think that people who are getting cyberbullied should get help right away. No kid/adult should take any of this. I think the people who are getting cyberbullied should bring an adult with them to discuss the situation.

• Be ok smart!!!

Be smart and don't look at the messages or block them.With this we can not be cyberbullied. And that will stop the people who do this.Now if they stop looking the bullies will stop and they will not do it AT ALL thats y i think we should let them do it on there own.

• I Think They shouldn't

I think they shouldn't because after school its your business. If the situation is really bad you would tell someone if you what it dealt with. I know its the cyberbullies fault that this is happening but its your fault that its not dealt with because you didn't tell anyone. Also if you need punished the school should have no rights after school.

• Schools should not punish off campus bullying

I do not think that students should get punished off school campus because it is the parents problem to take care of if their kid is getting bullied they should have to deal with the problem and the school has no business about what is happening the school is not allowed to do anything about it.

• In my own opinion,

The punishment should be up to their parents, if any punishment at all. Plus teachers or other school personal couldn't technically do much about the issue. They could not suspend the student's account, they couldn't take away their device outside of school, and couldn't take away the student's freedom of speech. Even if they did any of these things the student would likely continue the harassment in real life, causing even more issues.

• No, because honestly the school has no right to see and know what you do online.

Ok, schools should not be able to punish students for cyberbullying when off campus. Now I understand if the bullying take place on campus or affects that student's learning, but if outside school and it DOES NOT affect that child's learning it shouldn't be dealt with by school administration. I believe the school doesn't have the proper rights to punish something that doesn't affect them or the students. Let me explain, what if a student was bullying a kid online that didn't go to that school, it would just be too difficult for the school to deal with that. This is my opinion.

• You shouldn't do things to get bullied

You shouldn't go around saying and doing things to get bullied. If you keep your mouth shut and stay out of others business you wouldn't have this problem. Teachers are here to teach that's why they became teachers they have a passion to TEACH not govern kids life's and tell them how to use social media that's the parent's job parents should monitor kids accounts not schools

• No I don't think they should be able to

If someone wanted and an online bully they should tell there parents and if they don't want there parents to help ask a friend to help you. If they need the school to jump in it would have to be because they are threatening then or tiring to get them to do bad things

• Doesn't have anything to do with school

If anything happens outside of school then it is none of the school's business. If it is impacting someone's learning then yea it is but if not then it is not important. Schools should not punish kids that do things outside of school because it will catch up with the person for bullying later on in life.

• I think they shouldnt

It is not the school's responsibility to take punish for off campus bullying because it not the schools business unless the bullying effects the way they are learning at school. It is a right to freedom of speech but the bully should only be punished if it is brought back into the classroom.