• The bullying could continue during school hours

If a person is getting cyberbullied it can continue during school. The bully could still attack the person over the internet during school and could attack them in person instead of the internet. I feel that the school should do something about it because if the cops aren't doing anything about it the person can attempt or even be successful to kill themselves.

• Fe ged fg

Think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• Yes, schools should definitely punish cyber-bullying, even if off-campus.

Although the event did not happen in school, the school is responsible for what may happen after the event in school. It may affect a child's learning ability, social life, and how they participate in class. All of these problems happen in school. Other authorities should be contacted and involved, but the school should not be completely disregarded and not involved.

• Yes They Should

I think the schools should punish off-campus cyber bullying because it should not be tolerated. I think it is not okay for kids to cyber bully. If someone cyber bullies they should be punished by the schools and the parents. One way to punish someone is to give them an after school detention.

• Not Fair, but Not Their Right

I personally hate cyber-bullying. I hate bullying period. This is coming from a guy who was bullied during school. Although bullying isn't right & I'd hate to see others being bullied, I still feel that if the bullying does not take place on school grounds it is not the schools job to punish kids while of campus. I also say that they should punish it if they are using the schools property or technology they should be punished.

• Fe ged fg

• I think they should not.

I think schools should not punish kids for cyber bullying off site, though it is not fair to kids for being bullied at places like Facebook because it is not their job. State law states that the student that attends a school is the school's responsibility until they reach their house. Once the child is in their house it is the parents responsibility not theirs.

• Bullies' Rights Unprotected

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled during "Doninger v. Niehoff" that "a student may be disciplined for expressive content, even conduct occurring off school grounds, when this conduct would foreseeably create a risk of substantial disruption within the school environment, [and] it was similarly foreseeable that the off-campus expression might also reach campus." Because the students who are engaging in cyberbullying are doing so in a manner that will almost certainly result in it reaching campus in some manner, this action is not protected under the First Amendment.

• Yes, The School Must Punish Cyber-bullying

Cyber-bullying damages the victim's academic capability by attacking them mentally and emotionally, which may affect their physical well being as well. Since the student is attacking another student in the school, the school is not completely unrelated to the issue. It has all the rights to ensure a safe environment for its students. Having a bullied student in the class does NOT promote a safe learning environment for the rest of the class.

• I Think They Should

I think they should because people should not have to put up with it. I think people who cyberbully should be punished in every way shape or form. I think that people who are getting cyberbullied should get help right away. No kid/adult should take any of this. I think the people who are getting cyberbullied should bring an adult with them to discuss the situation.

• Its has nothing to do with school hours

If it has nothing to do with school hours why should the school handle it. If it has nothing with school involved why should waste their time handling something that should be handled at home.When school have to waste their time helping something that cant be solved. That is why they shouldn't handle it

• Why should they

When a student is bullying another student at school, that behavior falls under the school’s jurisdiction, and administrators should punish the harasser. But it’s a slippery slope to reprimand teens for what they do off-campus. What about other rule-breaking behaviors, like drinking or staying out late? With laws like these, we’re in danger of giving schools way too much power over our personal lives.
    A school’s purpose is to educate you. If administrators really want to stop cyberbullying, they should teach students why it’s wrong, how it hurts people, and what they can do to stop it. For lasting change, our culture’s cyberbullying problem needs to be fixed before the bullying happens

• Why should they

• Its none of their business

I got suspended for writing diss tracks but I find it stupid that they can do that cuz what does it have to do with school. They should not be able to tell me what to do when I'm off campus because that's my parents job not theirs and I want freedom.

• Its none of their business

• Screw the school

They some ugly MFS they suspended me for cyberbullying outside of school. They should not be able to do that. I did not even do it on a school day, not even school hours. It was a weekend like for real I was pissed they need to go bother someone else

• Screw the school

• Screw the school