• I agree with dress codes

Studies show that having a dress code improves academically, lowers teasing in schools, and shows equality.R r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r rr r

• Yes they should

There could be gangs shown on t shirts. T shirts could show vulgar language. Clothing could show hate toward religions. Clothes could cause people to pick on one another. People could make fun of other people's outfits and clothing. This is why I Think schools should require dress codes. That is all i have to say.

• Yes, as long as it is reasonable.

Dress codes are essential to keep students dressed appropriately for the environment. Without dress codes, students are likely to come to class in very revealing or offensive clothing that distracts from class. However, dress codes that are too strict restrict and hinder individuality and personal expression, so there needs to be some flexibility within the code.

• Yes, schools should require a dress code.

Educators maintain that a dress code actually promotes safety in schools. A dress code minimizes the possibility for conflicts, even violent ones, between students. On a related note, a dress code can lessen class and economic conflicts between students. Research associated with dress codes suggests that the academic performance of students actually improves when schools implement these types of requirements.

• Yes, students should not distract other students by exposing too much skin

Yes, schools should require dress codes, but the codes should be aimed at reducing distractions based on skin exposure. Grade-school students are distracted enough by technology during school, but the opposite sex can also hinder education. The dress codes should not target the content of clothing, unless it is flagrantly offensive.

• Dress codes are essential to setting a tone.

Dress codes set a tone for an environment. This tone helps communicate expectations about the type of conduct that is considered acceptable. In this manner, dress codes in school are reminders to students that they are there for educational purposes and should come in the right frame of mind to do so, and that the right frame of mind should begin when they dress in the morning.

• There to sexist

Dress codes are to sexist. Don't believe me well I seen violations of the dress code for boys they don't usual get called out. Now if its a girl they always get called out. Its too enforces on girls. I only ever was dress coded once when I was in 2nd grade. The rule was no more than an inch above the knee. My skirt was 11/2-2 in. Not the slightest bit distracting. I had to borrow clothes form the office which took like 25min. Guess what guys get away with a ton of stuff. In other words until schools can stop being sexist no dress code.

• No dress code

Have u ever heard of a free country and what about the kids that don't like that color or don't like to be fancy that's why we have private schools for dress codes but in regular no way no dress code that's why everyone should agree with the no breaks code

• Dress Codes are sexist and not very strict

Most dress codes are for women, and they almost ALWAYS say nothing about logos on t-shirts. Two kids in that hall were wearing shorts that were a little too short for the dress code, so they got in trouble, but the kid with a shirt referencing sex doesn't get in trouble. He was wearing a shirt for Tootsie Pops that said "The slower you lick, the longer it lasts." It doesn't sound too bad, but short shorts or sex tees?

• Freedom of speech

Our clothes say something about us and dress codes will take a small part of that from us. So what if a girls shorts aren't finger tip length or longer so what if a boys shirt has damn on it, this is america we have freedom of speech. I dont care how many spelling/grammar errors are in this.