Should schools require students to use technology?

• Yes please no

Yes a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a aa a a a

• Yes please no

• Schools should keep Technology

Because it helps them when they get older because when you get older you will be needing to use a lot of technology. Also, there are more cooler things that students can achieve if they have technology at school because at our school when we are researching we get to use chromebooks to check out websites to help us. So they help us a lot!

• Schools should be allowed to require students to use technology.

Schools should evolve with society and provide students with skills and know-how that will help them be successful in the real world when they get older. Also, because the world is going digital and they need to be prepared for the future. These days employers hire people that are computer literates and you have to be knowledgeable in most issues.

• Evolving with Society

Schools should evolve with society and provide students with skills and know how that will help them be successful in the real world when they get older. Schools here have a 1:1 student to tablet ratio, computers as well, the workforce now has so much technology in it that a person that doesn't have the know how on current technology is already behind other prospective employees their same age.

• Kids shouldn't have there own technology in school!!

I have to research this for a class in school. I have found many things about this. I don't think that kids should have there own technology. They can cheat on there homework and on tests and things. Also they can text other kids the answers to many things homework, tests, ect. Also the teachers can't see what the kids are doing on there phones and other technology. At first I thought kids should have there own technology in school. I still think that they should. But I got the side that I didn't want in the debate. But I'm still going to post this on here. Even though I think the other way

• Only for good kids

Only people who are smart should get technology because of the cost of technology. I think that they should split people up most would go to the stupid school where there is no technology and then some would go to the smart school using the technology, its only fair to do it that way

• Schools Shouldn't Mandate Anything

I shall assume that the purpose of this question deals with public schools as private schools are a different matter. Simply put school mandates of certain topics, no matter what they might be, are a form of coercion over students and often their parents/guardians. Students should be free to pursue the education they desire, whether that education includes technology or not. If technology is a necessary skill to learn (and in my opinion it is) then motivated students will pursue this skill for themselves, to decide what others need is wrong.

(note: this text is copied from my response to a similar question)