• Ayyyy donno why I'm here

Positive point about using technology in the classroom is that if teachers see that children are not doing very well in Scholl he can send them work for out of school and if they are struggling then the teacher could give the pupil a skype lesson for outside school hours.

• Students who have bad handwriting are at a major disadvantage writing on paper.

In my school (I guess in every school) teachers have really troubled me for my bad handwriting. I have tried various styles and only one has looked good (still I do not get appreciated for that). Grades are given on the basis of that and no doubt I do not get good marks. It has also killed my interest in making notes. Using computers everyone is on the same level in terms of handwriting and students get judged on what they write instead of how they write.

• Computers are helpful

Paper costs schools a tremendous amount of money. Schools also have to pay more money to update their textbooks. If schools were using computers they wouldn't have to waste time printing thousands of copies paper for all the students. They could also just get the information online in their classrooms. Sure computers use electricity, but printing the assignments uses electricity and wastes time. Sure some people like paper better, I can understand that paper is great, but only sometimes. Now that I've stated my opinion, I'd like to say that everyone should just do what helps them best. If you do better by working with computers, then work with computers. If you work better with paper, then by all means work with paper, but don't try to force people to work how you work.

• Student get more excited

When students walk into a library full of books they do not get excited at all. But on the other hand if students walk in and see computers or tablets, them they will be like ''oh yea baby''. So as you can see from a students point of view schools should use only laptops.

• Paper has been used for far too long

Believe that schools should abandon paper altogether because when a student loses their binders and papers, it becomes a real-time problem. Some schools in the U.S. are handing out tablets to their students already, so how hard could it be to start adding assignments to an application that they could easily put on the device in that student’s possession? Turning in projects would be a lot easier because they could do it anywhere, from class to home. They don't even need home wifi because the tablets have service, so they could literally work on homework anywhere. If they misplace their tablet, or it gets stolen, everything on the device would be backed up, so nothing would be lost, unlike when a binder goes missing or is forgotten. Plus, if it’s left at home and they need access to something on it, they could borrow a backup for the day because everything would be on their drive on the school’s server. Students wouldn't have to deal with a messy binder like they do today, and have to reorganize every couple of weeks if everything was online. Apple sold 1 million iPads to schools and colleges before the school year of 2013, which proves the essential use of computers in the classroom already. I think we should make that final push to become independent from paper altogether. Schools have first started with personal blackboards on which all the students used to get their work done, then it was all about paper. We have come a long way, but let's get real, It's the digital age now!

• Paper has been used for far too long

I believe that schools should abandon paper altogether because when a student loses their binders and papers, it becomes a real-time problem. Some schools in the U.S. are handing out tablets to their students already, so how hard could it be to start adding assignments to an application that they could easily put on the device in that student’s possession? Turning in projects would be a lot easier because they could do it anywhere, from class to home. They don't even need home wifi because the tablets have service, so they could literally work on homework anywhere. If they misplace their tablet, or it gets stolen, everything on the device would be backed up, so nothing would be lost, unlike when a binder goes missing or is forgotten. Plus, if it’s left at home and they need access to something on it, they could borrow a backup for the day because everything would be on their drive on the school’s server. Students wouldn't have to deal with a messy binder like they do today, and have to reorganize every couple of weeks if everything was online. Apple sold 1 million iPads to schools and colleges before the school year of 2013, which proves the essential use of computers in the classroom already. I think we should make that final push to become independence from paper altogether. Schools have first started with personal blackboards on which all the students used to get their work done, then paper, but lets be real here. We've come a long way, it's the digital age!

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes should should yes yes yes yes I I I I I I I I ii I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I say yes

• Yes yes yes

• I say yes to computers

Computers are a great way to learn because it teach more than a teacher and it has every thing you need and the computer only need's a few things.Computers can tell you every thing you need to know that is a another great way of study. Computers are easy to keep and hard to loose

• R.I.P The king

We should use computers since papers requires the deforestation of trees and our king Harambe need trees to swing on in the after life. Would Harambe be shot if he was a white ape? No. He has already been miss treated so the least we can do is make sure he can swing on trees in heaven. We miss you big man. GBNF<3

• Papers Are Recyclable

While paper can be recycled and is a renewable resource, computers are made of fossil fuels that cannot be renewed, plus the energy they need is created by fossil fuels such as coal. Computers use more energy in using and making than paper plants ever will while making the paper . When they chop down a tree, they plant three to five more trees because only one is expected to survive, so they are thinking ahead. Plus, paper can be easily reused and recycled, so instead of sitting in a toxic landfill like broken computers, they can be made into more paper, lowering the amount of trees we need to chop down for paper. Also, broken computers can cost thousands of dollars to fix or replace, while paper can be put in a recycle bin and bought in a notebook for as low as ten cents in the right store, and college ruled lined notebook paper can be purchased in a two-hundred sheet pack for as low as fifty cents. You could by more than twenty-six thousand sheets of paper for the price of a $650 computer. Fourteen students could use ten pages per day for an entire year for the price of an average computer. Check my math by doing 26000 sheets of paper divided by 182 days per year. Schools and students will save a lot of money by using paper instead of computers.

• Technology is unreliable

What are students to do when the wifi goes down or the computer breaks? And what about students whose families cannot afford electronic, they begin to feel discriminated against. Paper is reliable and teaches kids to be responsible and to keep track of school work. It also teaches kids good organization skills.

• Computers are good, but we shouldn't overuse them.

Computers can be useful, but I think schools should use them less. Most of my assignments are online and that annoys me sometimes. My handwriting and spelling suck. I like how there is auto correct and that you don't have to write, but I never get time to practice my handwriting or spelling.

• Why would somebody use paper and not tech?

If you are saying that paper kills trees, computers need energy and to get that energy they burn greenhouse gasses to produce it. Those greenhouse gasses kill trees. That is a lot more effective than cutting down trees for paper. The greenhouse gasses also pollute the earth and cause global warming. Technology can be better for learning, but not for the environment.

• Maths and physics is better on a computer

Handwriting wont improve and even spelling. Internet is unreliable and more of a responsibility. For example if I break or lose my computer i will a lot more worried than If I lose a book. I also find Maths and Physics much more easier on paper especially with square papaer

• No, I believe schools shouldn't use computers instead of paper, at least not totally.

In my school, an special group pf people use computers in class instead of paper. They are always getting distracted (I.E. Tumblr, Facebook, Skype) and are never on task. I don't believe it is their fault, if one has a piece of technology where one can have more fun than in class while one is in class, one naturally wants to use it. A perhaps better alternative would be to use paper when taking notes and such, while using computers for special projects, at least occasionally.

• No, kids need to use their hands.

Before kids use the computer, they should always be taught something on paper first. As an engineer, I see negative effects of newly graduated engineers due to the computer. When using the computer for everything, it takes away the critical thought process and visualization skills that are needed to be successful. I would guess that this applies at younger ages as well.

• No, they shouldn't.

No, I don't think that schools should use computers instead of paper. I think that it would be a negative thing for children to get attached to technology more than they already are. They shouldn't be reliant on it for everything, and by giving them computers in school instead of paper, this would happen.

Posted by: Vine
  • Paper is bad.

When you use paper, the trees are dying. That is why I believe we should use computer. Trees give us water and oxygen and also take in gas. They are the lifeline and we are killing them to make paper?!?!?!? >:( This is unaceptable. We need to use more computer or else we will die.