• It helps measure progress.

Yes, schools should use standardized testing, because it helps measure where students are at. Students need to know where they rank so that they can form realistic plans for high school coursework and then college. Especially in younger grades, there is not much that distinguishes one student from another, besides annual standardized tests.

• Standardized Testing Is Important

I believe that schools should use standardized testing a few times each year, in each grade level. I believe this would ensure that all students, regardless of where they are located, would be receiving similar educations. I feel like the current testing systems don't measure the quality of education, nor guarantee that say a kid in Missouri will receive an education on par with a kid in Oregon.

• Yes they are needed

Yes school should use standardized testing. They are still the best way to check the progress of students. I don't think they should be the only standard that schools are held to but they are still an important standard. To do away with them you need a better replacement which there is not right now.

• Yes The Should

I believe schools should use standardized testing so that all school within the system are teaching toward the same goals. I believe without standardized testing schools would be very dissimilar and some school systems would be less likely to cover as much ground as others. I think standardized tests are the best way to get an overall score and idea as to how each school and school system is performing.

• No more testing

My name is jefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff,juannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n n n n n n I believe schools should use standardized testing so that all school within the system are teaching toward the same goals. I believe without standardized testing schools would be very dissimilar and some school systems would be less likely to cover as much ground as others. I think standardized tests are the best way to get an overall score and idea as to how each school and school system is performing. Jeff

• Standardized testing proves nothing...

Standardize testing is a terrible measure of how schools are teaching and of what students are learning. I know that every time I've taken one of those stupid tests I haven't taken it seriously and I just guessed because I thought it was stupid, and that's how a lot of other students think about it too. The point of those tests is to measure how a school is teaching, whether or not they're doing a good job at it, and to measure how much a student has learned. But they don't measure that well at all. Even for the kids that takes the tests seriously it doesn't do much because most of the time the things on those tests aren't the things the students were taught. Those tests just take up time we could be learning. They don't do anything good for the students and they don't correctly measure anything either. There's no point to them.

• No, except for basic skills.

Standardized testing should only be used in schools to assess the ability of each student to read and write and do math, in other words for basic skills assessment. Other than that, the tests should be administered and created by the teachers who know the students and know what they have been taught.