• It's Up To Scientologists

If believers in scientology feel that their beliefs should be considered a religion, then it should in fact be considered a religion. Everyone should have religious freedom so you, nor I, should be able to tell people whether or not their religion is permissible or non-permissible. It all comes down to a person's values.

• I think scientology should be recognised as a religion

I am not a Scientologists but I believe that Scientology should be treated like any other religion for these reasons,
    1. As the founder L. Ron Hubbard is dead, it has lived on and became very polular
    2. I believe that all religions should be treated equally. Even though there are things in Scientology that I disagree with, I believe that there is wisdom in all religions.

• Yes Scientology is a religion

Scientiology has always been viewed as a religion up to this point so why would we stop now. People who practice Scientology believe in it and practice it. It may be different then some of the main stream religions of today but it still must be recognized as a religion.

• Is it any more irrational than any other recognized religion?

The tenants of Scientology are indeed, in my opinion, ridiculous. If you allow yourself to view other religions, and your own from an outside perspective it looks just as ridiculous. For example, the talking snake, burning bush, virgin birth, the trinity, the resurrection and damnation all seem on the same page as the tenants of Scientology. It's all absurd, but we can believe what we want to believe.

Posted by: JD32
  • What is a religion?

A religion is a system of beliefs and practices that some times makes moral standards. Given this definition we have to agree that Scientology is a religion. This does not mean that anyone has to respect or agree with it, but does meet the criteria for being considered a religion and should receive the rights and responsibilities of that designation.

• Grand Larceny At Its Finest

People are losing their homes and cars and all other possessions so that they may take part in this "religion". I have never heard a story of anyone losing their house so they can go to heaven, but i have heard people losing their houses to move up the bridge. Millions of dollars are being hoarded by this corporation and they should have to pay taxes. It's a crime how much they get away with.

• Grand Larceny At Its Finest

• It's a concentration camp.

People have no rights, no privacy, they don't get paid for work and David Miscavage is a major or criminal with a supposed net worth of $600,000,00. He has all the benefits of a king and hides in a massive house. He should be in prison and the money given to people who have suffered under.

• It's a concentration camp.

• Scientologists worship themselves.

If this is a religion, than believing in ghosts, angels or aliens to help you is also religion. Worship of money is a religion. Who do they pray to? A bad Science Fiction Author. We all should get tax exemption if they do. Scientology definitely is not a religion. It is just Self Worship.

• Not a religion

It is ridiculous to me that Scientology has been allowed to operate under the guise of being a religion. It is absolutely not a religion! The fact that it began as a business venture and then "applied" to be viewed as a religion ought to be enough of a reason on its own. Plenty of other reasons to deny it that status too.

• Not a religion

• Its a cult

They protect their focus by controlling their parishoners, this is the definition of a cult. Its hard to leave, they have a division that follows people that leave, no religion above board does that. Its clear that this will be revealed one day. It clearly has somthing to hide and is really good at that

• No god in it

To me a religion is based on one God or more you can have a church for the flying spighty monster for all I care but what do they believe in money or science if it can be some thing like that you might as well make a church for a bathroom or a country so why not call the kkk a religion

• No the religion is ****

The religion is based off of false information that can't come close to real life situations the money they are getting paid is going towards drugs and other illegal purposes some one can't just make up a religion and expect it to be true the person who made the religion was probably on drugs while making it and there is hardly any proof that thier religious figure is real and plus any religion made by a science fiction writer can't be believed truly I think Scientology is the most stupid religion ever