Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

Yes, it would have many benefits.

I love Scotland and I hate being referred to as 'British.' I understand that obviously I am, but when good things happens Its all praise to Britain, whereas when something bad happens its Scotland's fault, for example Andy Murray. We will get bankrupt, I mean let's be real here! There will be no relying on other countries, no tuition fees, no pensions, no post offices, etc. Oil will last to max of 30 years, independent is for life, not till hyper inflation starts and nobody can afford anything! I'm 15 years old but I know a lot about what's going on.
Anonymous says2013-03-22T04:49:44.247
You're contradicting yourself loads here. No idea what point you're trying to make.
Anonymous says2013-04-04T19:42:52.337
The poster is stating what we will happen if we stay in the union and that when Scotland wins something we are suddenly British but if there's anything negative then we're Scotland, Andy Murray being a prime example. Also the poster correctly points out that the importance of this decision to govern ourselves.
Anonymous says2013-04-06T12:41:33.213
We dont rely on other countries for our money now. That's just a well rehearsed unionist lie.
Anonymous says2013-05-13T16:01:10.970
You are British and always shall be, even if Scotland becomes independent. Britain is an Island, of which Scotland constitutes the northern portion. However, you shall cease to be a UK citizen should we gain independence. The status of Scotland, England and Northern Ireland are as member states of a country we call the United Kingdom. We at present aren't even a country, nor are any of the other Kingdoms, with Wales being a Principality of England which itself is not a country. That is a fact. So if you want Scotland to regain its status as a Sovereign Country as opposed to a nation state, convince your parents, and if you are of age to vote when the time arrives, then Yes to independence is the only solution. Incidentally, the Northern Irish are not British, they are Irish.
Scotbrit says2014-04-24T17:17:41.413
What a load of rubbish. Andy murray gets praise in equal amounts for being Scottish and British. If that's your argument about in support of independence let's hope you're too young to vote! What's your thoughts on currency? Pensions? Defence? The economy...Etc etc...