• Totally IN HUMANE

Killing anything innocent is the devils work. We are here to take care of the world not destroy it!!!! To put animals through such agony is cruel. All for what money?!?! The root of all evil. There are other ways we can get our resources......It is 2013!!! If there is anyway I can help or contribute in some way to stop this horrible sport....Someone please let me know! Thank you! -Alyssa

• Seal hunting should be banned.

Yes, I think that seal hunting should most definitely be banned. I have never heard of anyone eating seal meat, so that can't be the reason they are hunted. It seems as if seal hunting is done purely for sport, and that is just not right. These beautiful creatures should be left alone.

• Torture and Extinction

The seal hunt is a hunt that involves animal torture. The number of harp seals is rapidly decreasing since the seal hunt began; they're killing baby seals before they can reproduce. If it continues at this rate, the seals will be extinct within only years. Not only that, but this is torture and abuse to young animals. The hunters use clubs to kill the whitecoats (as the seals are called when they have white fur. This is when they are newborn and need the camouflage). Also, when veterinarians studied the carcasses of the animals, 42% of the time, there wasn't even enough injury to the skull to guarantee unconsciousness at the time when the seal was skinned. This means that almost 42% seals in the seal hunt were skinned alive.

If you believe that skinning a seal alive is not cruel or torture, I suggest you ask for a psych test from the police or doctor.

• Animal Torture and Extinction

• It should be banned

It should be banned because I said so. I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic and I am the boss so just listen to what I say. It is not a humane way to kill them. If you kill them then I will get you and beat you up. Therefore , be scared and dont kill them.

• Electric Stun Devices

I am TOTALLY against seal clubbing. In the US most pigs are herded in an indoor pen and stunned with high voltage, then slaughtered. I have seen this done inhumane and humane. The Inuits have a right to slaughter seals, ethically. Devices would include rifles, handguns, and their traditional spears.

And no commercial harvesting. It's antiquated. There are alternatives to seal skins, pelts, meat, and oil.

• Useless! We don't need seal fur!!!

It makes me cry and most people cry to see poor baby harp seals die needless deaths! We don't need seal fur to keep warm. We have polyester, wool, cloth, and all the necessities to make clothing. And do not forget...WE HAVE FAUX (fake) FUR PEOPLE! WAKE UP! Seals are my favorite animals especially babies. Seal babies deserve life just like us humans! What if it was you instead of them? How does it feel to die a death that is needless! VIVA LA SEAL BABIES! HELP US SAVE THEM!

• We have to end this cruelty

This practice is very cruel to these animals look how they fear and run it makes me very sad to watch, to whom who thinks that this is acceptable you are so disgusting and you have no heart i wish you were clubbed like this and then you realize that pain. Also all this is done because of their fur, good news that EU banned their fur and some other countries, we don't need their fur we need them to live and not be tortured and killed like this

• Well seals are very endangered

Seals are very endangered soon we won't even have seals anymore this is a very big issue and could lead to seals being extinct. I'm actually writing a paper now and going to send it to those people who hunt seals and hope that it could cause something dramatic to happen.

• Stop this now

Not only are you killing the seals for cash. But also your killing the main food for polar bears and orcas the more seals you kill the less food those animals have causing more deaths so youre really killing more than one species of animals. There for your basically killing most of the artict animals.

• Seals are delicous

It's the same argument for banning any hunting, it may be cruel, but it's a part of maritime and native tradition and even though the seals may be cute, it doesn't mean they should get special privilege for hunting rights. Seal hunting should be the same as all hunting, regulated by the government so that seal populations are maintained and regulated.

• It shouldn't be banned.

Think about it! What if cows were as cute and cuddly as seals, you would be saying the exact same thing! To me, its just the same as eating a chicken or a pig. God didn't put animals on this earth for nothing. If we didn't hunt them, they would over populate and we would have to kill them anyways, in some places, that's probably the only thing that they have as food.

• There is no logic in banning the seal hunt.

Most of the people who are against the seal hunt are basing their opinions on preconceived notions of what seals are like based on misconception perpetuated by movies and TV's. Seals are wild animals. Just like deer, turkeys and alligators. If you think that harvesting of wild animals for human consumption is wrong, then you have a lot of protesting to do. If there are viable commercial uses for seal products, then how can I ethically prevent someone from going to work harvesting and selling those products so that they can feed their family. I have a much bigger moral issue with someone that fulfills their basic urge to kill by shooting an innocent deer so that they can have a trophy to hang on their wall. If you are concerned about the environment, ask yourself this question: which do you think has a larger carbon footprint? A sealskin coat or a polyester jacket filled with synthetic petroleum based insulation? Human beings survived for tens of thousand of years by respectfully harvesting and utilizing the resources around them. Personally I find all hunting and killing distasteful and always wonder about the people who find is so enjoyable. But I can not see the logic in banning the harvesting of one specific type of animal simply because they are visually attractive in domesticated situations.

• No, seals are overpopulated enough already.

Boy, is this going to cause controversy. You see, seals are extremely overpopulated, and there isn't enough food left for them. Talking harp seals here, they eat a certain type of fish that is currently endangered. If there isn't enough population control with them, then they will use up their food supply and die out. I think we should be fairly careful on how we hunt seals however. There shouldn't be an outright ban, but we shouldn't be wrecking their population, which we currently are not right now.

• Seals are animals

It is hypocritical to oppose hunting seals but approve hunting deer or boars or something like that. It is imperialistic to say that northern countries can't hunt the animals they have in abundance. The seals are usually killed with rifles, which is very quick, much more humane than a slaughterhouse where the animals suffer for years in a tiny cage. Lastly seals are nowhere near endangered where they are hunted.

• Its called survival.

The native people have been doing this for years. We already pushed the Native Americans off their land, now we think we have to but into something that is not our problem. 900,000 seals are killed every year in these hunts. Despite this, the population has grown by 400,000 animals! What does that tell you! The population is growing! Not shrinking! The people hunting them are only trying to survive! They use them for clothing and blankets, and anybody who says humans don't always come first obviously doesn't have their morals straight, this is why america is so messed up! So anybody who is against it or says its animal cruelty, they need to suck it up ans stay out of it. I'm so glad Canada allows them to continue hunting because humans come first, always, and if you don't believe that your morals are not very good, especially since thousands of babies are aborted every year.

• No, Don't ban.

Seal hunting shouldn't be banned it would be totally unacceptable. Just like any type of hunting it can get out of hand. It is possible to hunt deer cruelly but we don't stop it. Just because other people are merciless and malicious while hunting seals doesn't mean we should ban it all together, we should just make laws and regulations against how they hunt them. My biggest concern is that seals have no natural predators, seal breed and become a huge problem because of the fish they eat. If we ban seal hunting, the seal will breed and thousands of seal will eat hundreds of fish and that will not be good for our economy, less food for everyone. We should be allowed to humanly hunt seal and eat their meat, then we will have more seal meat and more fish.

• It's just hunting

Although it is sad that these animal's are being killed, I don't think you should claim to be against it unless you are against all forms of killing animals. I can respect if you're against all forms of hunting, and slaughterhouses, and meat farms, but if you tolerate any of these things, than why would you be against a specific animal?

• Some people just do it to make some money and pay off their bills.

Eskimos need them for food and others need seals to make money and to pay off their debt and bills, except the commercial hunters should keep most off the seal and throw out what the don't need. Also people who are allergic to latex products can't wear rubber boots or a rubber coat, they use seal fur because it is waterproof and does the same job as rubber.

• I am evil

I enjoy murdering the innocent with my sharp sometimes blunt instrument. 1. 1. 1.1 1. 1 1 1 1 1 1 16 6516 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 16y1 1 16 16 1 611 61 1 61 16 1 16 167y