• Seat Belts Should be Mandatory

The reasoning behind this is the increase in chance of survival due to wearing a safety belt. Wearing a safety belt in a car accident vs not wearing a safety belt can be the difference between life and death. Although some may believe it is not up to others to decide whether they need an increase in safety, but this applies to construction sites as well. Construction workers are required to wear specific equipment. Even sports have mandatory equipment for safety even though it is not as driving a car.

• Seat Belt Safety

Seat belts should be worn because they can be the difference between life or death. This is proven in the Asiana Flight 214 crash in San Francisco. Of the casualties the two that died on the spot were not wearing seat belts. Many humans die in car crashes because the were not wearing seat belts every year.

• Seat belts should be mandatory

Seat belts save lives. If someone is thrown out of a seat and dies The driver may be charged with manslaughter. If a baby's parents are not using seat belts the baby may die. The baby does not have a choice. Parents should make good choices. But those who do not should let their bad choices reflect on their Children.

• Seat belts should be mandatory

• This is ridiculous

The government is controlling a lot of things, but i think this a good thing to do. It does prevent death though, which is why i a mainly for it. Sometimes it is uncomfortable, but it is going to be a whole lot less comfortable when you are sitting in a hospital bed wishing you had died.

• This is ridiculous

• You are less likely to die

If people are too ignorant or lazy or forgetful or whatever it may be then it should be required that they wear one. Im sure that theywould rather pay a fine then be dead right. Or at least harmed in and accident. You Should be thankful that someone is trying to keep you safe.

• Click Clack Front and Back! Click it or Ticket!

55% of young adults that dies in car accidents were not wearing a seatbelt.
    Seat belts reduce death in car crashes by half.
    68% of people in the U.S. wear their seat belt, if 90% of people did we would prevent more than 5,ooo deaths and 130,ooo injures per year in vehicle accidents.80% of fatal traffic accidents happen within 25 miles of home....... Have a nice Future:) BE SAFE!

• Yes but it makes my thing hurt i bee like stop uhhhmmm stop daddddddy

J jjj j jj bbbo b ob bo ub bub ub n un ibb b n n iin u n bo biun n iob non ob b n in nunun un nu nu n un unu nu nn n un un unu nu nn un n un un u ps im not gay

• Violation of Rights

Let me start by saying that it is stupid to not wear a seal belt. With that said, one's decision to not wear a seat belt is harming no one else. There is no reason that the government should force people to make the smart decision when only their own safety is in question.

• Natural Selection and Subjectivity of Good

I always wear a seatbelt because it's smart. But let natural selection take care of people who don't. The justification that we're saving health care money isn't real, because people who die young from not wearing a seatbelt are saving us future health care expenses they would've incurred if they had just worn their seatbelt and lived to face the inevitable health expenses of aging.
    Some may say we should have this for their own good, but one's own good is subjective. A person may define their own good as elevating the priority of minor personal comfort in the car above their life. Personally I think that's stupid, but that's just my opinion and I have no right to demand it be enforced over others, since I wouldn't want others enforcing their personal opinions about what is good for me on me.

• I hate seatbelts they hurt my neck if you no what i means uhhhhhhhhh stop

Work work work work work work work work work work work work na na na na na na uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm better wake up and nan worng what can i say can you reconniz im bsby work work work work work work work work work work uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm work work work work k

• Not at all...

No one can make an intelligent argument that seat belts don't save lives, but it's irrelevant. Also, increased healthcare costs, in my opinion, is the only somewhat valid argument for a seat belt law.
    However, the most important question is: Does the government have the right to force me to be safe, when it only affects me? No, they do not. That's an encroachment on my personal, individual freedom.

• Let people choose their fate

Seat belts save lives. Most of the time. There are times when they do more harm than good. Ever see one of the glass breaking hammers with the built in razor for sawing through a seatbelt? You need one of these tools for your car if you are in an accident that makes it impossible to unclasp the seat belt.
    I know two examples where seat belts do more harm. Four kids in bad accident. One teen thrown from car was not wearing seat belt. Car catches fire and the teen thrown from the car tried desperately to remove his friends trapped in the car wearing their seat belts. All four die.
    Second example: A young woman was thrown from her car while not wearing seat belt. Car lands upside down in ditch and catches fire. Would have burned alive if she wasn't thrown from car.
    What if someone wrecks into a lake or river?
    I think it should be a choice only because the odds are not 100 percent. Odds are still much greater survival for wearing a belt. But since it is not a choice, and it is a law, I believe if anyone is killed or injured because they were wearing a seatbelt, the gov should pick up the tab.