• Seat Belts Should be Mandatory

The reasoning behind this is the increase in chance of survival due to wearing a safety belt. Wearing a safety belt in a car accident vs not wearing a safety belt can be the difference between life and death. Although some may believe it is not up to others to decide whether they need an increase in safety, but this applies to construction sites as well. Construction workers are required to wear specific equipment. Even sports have mandatory equipment for safety even though it is not as driving a car.

• Seat Belt Safety

Seat belts should be worn because they can be the difference between life or death. This is proven in the Asiana Flight 214 crash in San Francisco. Of the casualties the two that died on the spot were not wearing seat belts. Many humans die in car crashes because the were not wearing seat belts every year.

• Lose freedom while driving

If you get in a car accident then how will you get out if you are wearing a seatbelt? Not everyone will have a seat belt cutter with them, and they are also uncomfortable, they can be effective but lets say you are out on a drive then you don't need it.

• Lose freedom while driving

• Lose freedom while driving

• Lose freedom while driving

• Click it or ticket

Seat belts are safety tools that have, time and time again, saved lives. Individuals who have been involved in car accidents, wearing their seat belts, have had reduced injuries in comparison to those whom were not wearing seat belts at the time of the accident. I support Seat belt laws.

• Seat belts can save you from getting and injury or from death (in a car accident), seat belts save lives.

In 2002, 43,005 people died in traffic accidents. Seat belt data was available for 32,598 of those involved in fatal car crashes. Of that number, 19,103 were not wearing seat belts. 4,200 lives could be saved each year if 90% of the U.S. population wore seat belts. People age 16 and over are responsible for their own ticket if caught in a car without a seatbelt.

• Seat belts should be mandatory

Seat belts save lives. If someone is thrown out of a seat and dies The driver may be charged with manslaughter. If a baby's parents are not using seat belts the baby may die. The baby does not have a choice. Parents should make good choices. But those who do not should let their bad choices reflect on their Children.

• Seat belts should be mandatory

• Violation of Rights

Let me start by saying that it is stupid to not wear a seal belt. With that said, one's decision to not wear a seat belt is harming no one else. There is no reason that the government should force people to make the smart decision when only their own safety is in question.

• Natural Selection and Subjectivity of Good

I always wear a seatbelt because it's smart. But let natural selection take care of people who don't. The justification that we're saving health care money isn't real, because people who die young from not wearing a seatbelt are saving us future health care expenses they would've incurred if they had just worn their seatbelt and lived to face the inevitable health expenses of aging.
    Some may say we should have this for their own good, but one's own good is subjective. A person may define their own good as elevating the priority of minor personal comfort in the car above their life. Personally I think that's stupid, but that's just my opinion and I have no right to demand it be enforced over others, since I wouldn't want others enforcing their personal opinions about what is good for me on me.

• Sealbelts aren't cool onlt cool kids do drigs.

I think i am soooooooooooo cool seatblets dumb right i am i think no SEATBCELTS. They Make Me AMGERERGY. They soooooooooooooooooooo dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbb why they a thang in the earth. So stoopid and stoopid i thhink i ama wesome. Right i am i love pinapple and hto dogs. Right i am.

• I hate seatbelts they hurt my neck if you no what i means uhhhhhhhhh stop

Work work work work work work work work work work work work na na na na na na uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm better wake up and nan worng what can i say can you reconniz im bsby work work work work work work work work work work uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm work work work work k

• Not at all...

No one can make an intelligent argument that seat belts don't save lives, but it's irrelevant. Also, increased healthcare costs, in my opinion, is the only somewhat valid argument for a seat belt law.
    However, the most important question is: Does the government have the right to force me to be safe, when it only affects me? No, they do not. That's an encroachment on my personal, individual freedom.

• Let people choose their fate

Seat belts save lives. Most of the time. There are times when they do more harm than good. Ever see one of the glass breaking hammers with the built in razor for sawing through a seatbelt? You need one of these tools for your car if you are in an accident that makes it impossible to unclasp the seat belt.
    I know two examples where seat belts do more harm. Four kids in bad accident. One teen thrown from car was not wearing seat belt. Car catches fire and the teen thrown from the car tried desperately to remove his friends trapped in the car wearing their seat belts. All four die.
    Second example: A young woman was thrown from her car while not wearing seat belt. Car lands upside down in ditch and catches fire. Would have burned alive if she wasn't thrown from car.
    What if someone wrecks into a lake or river?
    I think it should be a choice only because the odds are not 100 percent. Odds are still much greater survival for wearing a belt. But since it is not a choice, and it is a law, I believe if anyone is killed or injured because they were wearing a seatbelt, the gov should pick up the tab.

• No because..... .

I think you should wear your seat belt if there are other people in the car. If it is just you, you have a right what you do and don't in your car. Its the life you choose. I also chose NO because i wanted to make it 50/50 Thanks for reading!