• I say yes

I agree, self defence increases a students self confidence in them selves because they can freely move around knowing that they can get out of a bully or criminal situtation like lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao Cy@

• Yes Definitely Absolutely

Girls from the age of 10-14 are the highest ranking sexually abused victims. If they had been taught defense they would have had a higher chance of protecting themselves. Also peer pressure wouldn't be much of a problem because you would have a boost of confidence from being well taught in fighting!

• Why self defense should be tought in schools!

The things you learn in school help you through life and self defense is one of the major things many people lack, so why the heck would you not teach self defense honestly, I dont want to be the person who gets the crap beat out of them. I know I dont want to be that person who goes to the hospital because some retard jumps me and robs me

• It will help

I'm almost a black belt in Taekwondo and i think they should i have not been in a fight but i know how many fights have happened in my school. Who ever is for this, we need to support this and have self defence classes and let kids have a fun time at school and learn a lot and don't have to worry about the bully that will hurt the people for not doing something or just hurting them for fun. Lets put a stop on this trend of bullying of many people in the United States of America. This might be a free country but kids are dieing from being bullied and commiting suicide.

• Why learn stuff if you're going to get killed?

Self defense is important for young people to know because there is no point in educating our children if they can't survive in the nasty world of today.
    It shouldn't be compulsory, but a suggested option as an extra-curricular program. That is my opinion, it would be nice if it was heard.

• Self defense should be taught in schools

I am a first degree black belt, I am twelve years old and I study in Taekwondo and jujitu self defense is very necessary to learn, I know it can be turned in to a negitive tool but with caution and extreme carefulness martial arts is very useful and fun.

• Yes- But heavily regulated as to what the students can do

I think that self defense should be taught in schools to help some students who are being bullied. Take Karate Kid for example, it helped him. I know it's a movie but its a very real movie. If some kids never learn to cope with bullies. All in all the potential problems don't outweigh the benefits.

• Self Defence is a Necessity

There are so many bad people in this world, and self defense classes could be given once a week instead of PE or athletics. Yes, I can see that kids might use it negatively, but it should still be a class. People get mugged, raped, and kid napped daily and a class on defense once a week could really help.

• ABSOLUTELY YES to SELF DEFENSE!

In a world of excessive bullying I want my kids to know how to defend themselves. Teaching kids self-defense helps them have confidence, know how to control the situation and ultimately how to defend themselves if the need arises. My 10 yr old has been studying martial arts for 7 years, he's gaining more and more confidence that if a bad situation arises he can handle a situation with another kid, he's seen kids being bullied and he's stood up for them - sometimes all you need to do is stand up to a bully and show confidence and it diffuses the situation...Better to be over-prepared than at an utter loss when it comes to protecting yourself...

• No No No

Children will fight amongst themselves even though they are supposed to tell the teacher. As a student, I feel like many other students will use this opportunity to do more harm than good. Fighting will occur but it won't be good, it might result in a black eye or a broken arm. Also, bullies will get the same self-defense class as everyone else, and might use that to harm more students.

• Why not bro????

Because like dude idk why not wouldn't you cant to defend yourself? Or get beat up? Like you just gonna let someone come at you and punch you in the face and try to be "Peace full" while they are beating your booty? People should be able to defend themselves

• I am lazy

I don't think self-defense should be taught because I don't like doing anything physical. I might get hurt. I don't like pain. It makes me sad and it makes me cry. I don't like that. I like food. I guess I could eat food after I get hurt. I still need two more words to type in. Food=Happy.

• Is the world coming to desperation.

What I mean is why would they do this in schools that are riddled with bullies. This is disgraceful and mean to the children who get hurt or bullied. I heard a story on the news the other night about two guys arguing and one got a gun out and tried to soot the other guy but missed this is unfortunate because when the guy missed he shot someone in a car a nd the car rolled back and hit a pedestrian

• Is the world coming to desperation.

• Ddd4rr e e

F2rdferwdrd2eee22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222e3dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeedfffffferef ee ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

• Cozzz z z

Zz z z z z z z z z zz az z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z a zaz az aza z az az a za z az aza z azaz a za z z z za z az a z

• Cozzz z z

• Cozzz z z

• No no no

Haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha