• Yes- But heavily regulated as to what the students can do

I think that self defense should be taught in schools to help some students who are being bullied. Take Karate Kid for example, it helped him. I know it's a movie but its a very real movie. If some kids never learn to cope with bullies. All in all the potential problems don't outweigh the benefits.

• Self Defence is a Necessity

There are so many bad people in this world, and self defense classes could be given once a week instead of PE or athletics. Yes, I can see that kids might use it negatively, but it should still be a class. People get mugged, raped, and kid napped daily and a class on defense once a week could really help.

• ABSOLUTELY YES to SELF DEFENSE!

In a world of excessive bullying I want my kids to know how to defend themselves. Teaching kids self-defense helps them have confidence, know how to control the situation and ultimately how to defend themselves if the need arises. My 10 yr old has been studying martial arts for 7 years, he's gaining more and more confidence that if a bad situation arises he can handle a situation with another kid, he's seen kids being bullied and he's stood up for them - sometimes all you need to do is stand up to a bully and show confidence and it diffuses the situation...Better to be over-prepared than at an utter loss when it comes to protecting yourself...

• Hell yeah defiantly

Comming from a martial arts background the techniques I learned can be used in many different, potentially life threatening situations, including weaponry and hand to hand contact. Bullying in this situation becomes impossible also because simple manuvers such as parries can effectively defend against punches and other more advanced movements. This creates a fight in which no one gets hit and over time becomes boring and useless.

• Yes, self-defense should be taught in school:

Self-defense should be taught in school because schools are supposed to prepare kids for the real world. Well, in the real world there's a huge chance that those same kids could get into situations in which they could use things they've learned. It's important that kids are taught that they don't have to be victimized by anyone.

• Yaaaaa of course

That would be narley!!!!!!!! I mean why not lollolo lmaooo yes yes yes yes yes yes yes f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f

• Yes- But carefully implicated

I do believe that self defence should be in schools. But only as an extra curricular thing. As a student I think the bullies would use this to do harm. But if the leader of the club looked at the history of the student before allowing them in it would allow for a safer environment.

• Of course ya

Y y yy y y y yy y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y yy y y y y y y ee e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss

• Yeah buddy :)

Yeah because if you don't know martial arts than you are lame and stupid and you probably are just a couch potato. Dude we need to teach it in school now like right now. And if we don't then kids could die and/or get beat up. So just teach it.

• Yes it should be a requirement

I am in taekwondo and i feel great to have this art as a quality. Bad situations can happen with anyone. One should at least have basic skills, if not a full master, to protect themselves. I ran into many situations where I had to use my taekwondo skills - Whether i get bullied in school or run into a street fight.

• I am lazy

I don't think self-defense should be taught because I don't like doing anything physical. I might get hurt. I don't like pain. It makes me sad and it makes me cry. I don't like that. I like food. I guess I could eat food after I get hurt. I still need two more words to type in. Food=Happy.

• No No No

Children will fight amongst themselves even though they are supposed to tell the teacher. As a student, I feel like many other students will use this opportunity to do more harm than good. Fighting will occur but it won't be good, it might result in a black eye or a broken arm. Also, bullies will get the same self-defense class as everyone else, and might use that to harm more students.

• Why not bro????

Because like dude idk why not wouldn't you cant to defend yourself? Or get beat up? Like you just gonna let someone come at you and punch you in the face and try to be "Peace full" while they are beating your booty? People should be able to defend themselves

• Is the world coming to desperation.

What I mean is why would they do this in schools that are riddled with bullies. This is disgraceful and mean to the children who get hurt or bullied. I heard a story on the news the other night about two guys arguing and one got a gun out and tried to soot the other guy but missed this is unfortunate because when the guy missed he shot someone in a car a nd the car rolled back and hit a pedestrian

• Is the world coming to desperation.

• Ddd4rr e e

F2rdferwdrd2eee22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222e3dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeedfffffferef ee ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

• Cozzz z z

Zz z z z z z z z z zz az z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z a zaz az aza z az az a za z az aza z azaz a za z z z za z az a z

• Cozzz z z

• Cozzz z z

• No no no

Haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha