Should sending anthrax through the U.S. mail be a federal capital offense?

• Yes, it should be

There is no way to argue that there is a non-malicious reason to send anthrax through the mail in this nation or any other one. It should be a heavily punished crime, as should spoofing it. It is unacceptable behavior that needs to be entirely eliminated from anybody practicing it.

• Mailed anthrax should be a federal offense

Mailing anthrax through the mail should most certainly be a federal capital offense, punishable to the fullest extent of the law. To send anthrax is to put into risk not only the intended receiver of that mailed letter, but the entire set of people along the way responsible for delivering the letter.

• Yes, it should be.

When you send anthrax through the US mail, it should be a federal capital offense. In my opinion, this is an act of terrorism, whether it is foreign or domestic. When you send anthrax through the mail, you are potentially killing people by doing so. That is a very scary proposition.

• No It Shouldn't

Federal capital offenses are punishable by death and I do not support the death penalty. For this reason I do not feel that sending anthrax through the US mail should be a federal capital offense. A person that mails anthrax most certainly should receive a life sentence, but I do not believe death serves justice.

• No, it should not

When someone sends anthrax, they obviously have the intent of murder. However, should we punish murder with death? It seems to me like a position of hypocrisy that looks for a quick way to deal with the problem. Instead of locking someone up and trying to rehabilitate them, we just use institutionalised murder as a solution.