• I feel as if sex ed should be taught at a young age.

Feel as if sex -ed should be taught in lower grades versus the higher grades so then the students can learn about their bodies ahead of time. I feel as if it is smarter for the younger generation to learn about their bodies versus when their are older and developing and have no clue what to do. I think kids should learn at a younger age due to they could learn about how their bodies interact.

• Sex Education is not just about sex. It should be taught in school rather than at home.

Many feel sex education should not be taught in schools because students learning about sex will interest them to explore sex. Students are bound to explore what sex is sooner or later, having sex education in the school helps students learn about sex and will ultimately protect students from diseases and unwanted pregnancies. Sex education is not just about sex it is also about a persons body and puberty and how to properly take care of yourself. Being able to teach sex education and a younger age can help students understand what is going on with there bodies and give them knowledge to make informed decisions. When I was in school people would joke about sex education and call it "stupid" but in all honestly my friends that said that said it was "stupid" emitted that they wanted to learn about sex education but lied to seem smarter on the topic. My parents tried to talk to me around the age of 14 about my body and sex, but I avoided the conversation every time and didn't want to hear it from them. Most students felt that way too, that learning about sex from there parents was uncomfortable. Schools teaching sex education helped avoid the uncomfortableness with parents and you were able to see what your peers had to say about it also. It is a good thing for students to learn about their bodies.

• Yes, but with appropriate explanations.

Sex ed begins when the youngest child asks questions about boys and girls or about his or her own body. That is why it of course is taught at a young age. And there are teaching moments in any home or class room where it would be fine to explain something in simple terms.

• Yes, as long as the curriculum is tailored to the child's age and level of understanding.

The term "young age" is rather vague, but as long as the subject matter is tailored to the age of the children, it is fine. Many parents do not educate their children or young teens about sex issues at all, leaving them more likely to be taken advantage of, or end up in a situation they do not understand.

• Yes, sex ed should be taught at a young age.

Sex Ed in the form of learning about your body, how babies are made, and the diseases that are out there are very important for American culture. It is why we have children later than other countries and why we have a better knowledge of STDs. However, I do believe the moral and personal side of Sex Ed (specifically the act of sex) should be with the parents or guardians. Parents should be in charge of informing their child about the biology and the schools shouldn't be responsible to inform about the morality.

• Yes, but with age appropriate levels of information.

Children are exposed to sexual information at a young age, regardless of how the school might try to shield them. It is important for the schools to provide accurate information early, instead of allowing false information to proliferate. Sex education should be treated as a health and safety issue, not a moral one.

Young age is an extremely subjective standard. 1st graders do not need to know the mechanics of sex or how to use a condom, but they could be taught about how to report sexual abuse to an adult.

• Yes, within certain limits

I believe that sex ed should start young, and should start with basics such as anatomy and consent. Young children should be told what is and is not appropriate, and what parts of their body are considered "private." As they get older, they can be taught more details about things. Graphic information should wait until at least middle school, but knowing what a penis or vagina is, is not inappropriate for elementary school.

• Very young children are not mature enough to understand these concepts.

Children are not ready to learn about sex education in early primary school years. Until children get closer to puberty the lessons would have little meaning. We have found that the best way to have a student retain information taught is for them to be interested in it. By the preteen years kids are showing an interest but not at 5 or 6.