• I 100% agree that sexual education should be taught in schools.

It is understandable that sex can be a sensitive topic, but all in all your child, or a teen you know is bound to have isex at one point in time. Sex is made out to be scary, and students need to be able to have a better understanding of what really goes on. If they don't learn in schools, where else will they? A website? A friend? All of which can be unreliable sources. The truth of the matter is that teenagers aren't going to have a parent to speak to about sex, that isn't exactly a preference of teens. They'd rather be in a safe space around other people their age who are also questioning.

• Yeah, it should be.

At my school they hand out permission slips, so if the parent doesn't want the school to teach about sex, then they wont. If they do want the school to, then they will. I just think it shouldn't be all "DON'T HAVE SEX OR YOU'LL GET STD'S!!"

Literally my school for "sex ed" in 9th grade just showed us pictures of std's. Nothing else. They should teach that abstinence is the safest "sex", but also that no one is perfect and sex is normal and natural, but condoms and birth control (etc.) should be used. So yes, but use permission slips and teach it better.

• A sex ed class needs to be taught in high schools.

A sex education class needs to be taught in all high schools because there are so many risks that come along with not only unprotected sex, but protected sex as well. There are always those accidents that happen even if protection is in use. High school students have hormones that are running through their bodies, and they are going to want to experiment. If they are going to participate in sexual activity, it's better that they know all of the consequences and risks that come along with sex. Sometimes, students have a hard time talking to their parents about sex, as it can be awkward and uncomfortable for all involved. By having a sex ed class in school, the students will be able to hear it from an outside source, possibly making it easier for them to be engaged in the conversation, and provoke them to ask questions. Sexual activities are always going to be around, and it's important that

• Teenagers need to know the risks of sexual activity.

A sex education class needs to be taught in all high schools because there are so many risks that come along with not only unprotected sex, but protected sex as well. There are always those accidents that happen even if protection is in use. High school students have hormones that are running through their bodies, and they are going to want to experiment. If they are going to participate in sexual activity, it's better that they know all of the consequences and risks that come along with sex. Sometimes, students have a hard time talking to their parents about sex, as it can be awkward and uncomfortable for all involved. By having a sex ed class in school, the students will be able to hear it from an outside source, possibly making it easier for them to be engaged in the conversation, and provoke them to ask questions. Sexual activities are always going to be around, and it's important that all students learn about the risks and consequences of having sex.

• Part of All-Around Education

All facets of society must be taught in public schools such as music, art, P.E., sports, math, science, business, computers, health and even sex. Educating middle schoolers and high schoolers about sex allows them to make informed choices about contraception, pregnancy and the like. Every aspect of sex should be taught in class, even homosexuality and orgasms, so teens understand what is going on with their bodies.

• Sex Education Is Important

Sex education primarily focuses on anatomy and the differences between boys and girls. It may touch on reproductive topics as well, along with a talk about abstinence. I think we need to give teachers more freedom to discuss questions students may actually ask. I think it is important that sex education be taught in schools.

• High school, yes

I think sexual education is actually a very important class to be taken in high school. For most teenagers, they tend to begin becoming more sexually active aroun that age, so having sexual education will help them grasp what they are getting themselves into at the same time they begin thinking of doing so.

• Sex education should be taught in schools.

Sex education should be taught in schools. It is important that we educate our students on sex education early and prevent unnecessary repercussions later on in life. I think every school should teach this appropriately and to every student. We need to educate them the safety of sex and not to be afraid to talk about it.

Sex education should be taught in schools. After children leave school and go out in to the world, they do not know how to properly protect themselves from the unintended consequences of sex. If the schools taught them how to properly take precautions so that they would not experience pregnancy and stuff like that, society would greatly benefit.

• Yes it should.

Of course sex ed should be taught in schools. It is part of the responsibility of the government as a public safety to teach children the good and the bad of sex. With out that, there is no telling how badly sexually transmitted will grow and spread without the proper education.

• Sex education and the Federal Government

As a parent and as someone that was taught "sex education" in school I 100% believe that it is my job as a parent to educate my daughter about her body and about sex. I do not believe that the Federal government should play an across the board role in sex education. I could wrap my head around that maybe children that have less than desirable parents might well benefit from a program such as sex education.

Posted by: vkj