Should sexually-immoral Americans imitate the Bible-believing Africans?

Asked by: Jikpamu
  • With AIDS being such a problem in Africa, Subsaharan Africans have been accused of being sexually-immoral. I believe they know what a perversion is though.

Should we as Americans get our house in order and imitate the Bible-believing Africans who are frankly in many cases it would appear more sexually pure than us, and believe what the 1611 KJV Bible calls "Strange Flesh" in Jude 1:7 to mean an "abomination" in Leviticus 18:22 (KJV)...

Homosexuality is taboo in most African countries and illegal in 37, including in Uganda where it has been a crime since British rule.

Uganda's new law, signed by President Yoweri Museveni in February, imposes jail terms of up to life for "aggravated homosexuality" which includes homosexual sex with a minor or while HIV-positive.

Widely condemned by donor countries, the law also criminalizes lesbianism for the first time and makes it a crime to help individuals engage in homosexual acts.

Western donors, including the United States, had halted or re-directed about $118 million in aid to the east African nation's economy before Thursday's announcement.

• Ah hell no

As many things that are wrong with this post, I will address individually.

1. The United States is a SECULAR country: This means our laws are based on secular beliefs, which do not include persecuting homosexuals because the Bible says it's okay.

2. Most HIV cases in Africa are spread through heterosexual contact. The reason why HIV is even an epidemic in African countries is due to lack of sexual education and Christian influence. Some ignorant Africans still believe raping a virgin with cure them of STDs and HIV. Is that really the example we should follow?

3. What you consider "sexually immoral" has no logical standing. Homosexuality itself harms nobody. There is no logical reason to call it "immoral" because you just happen to not like it. I think it would be a lot easier to mind your own business and allow consenting adults do whatever sexually "immoral" acts they want with one another.

In other words, NO, keep your backwards, primitive beliefs to yourselves. Govern your own countries the way you want but do not expect a country like the United States support and condone bigoted, ignorant behavior. Many of the aid you people are sucking from us come from LGBT American citizens.

• Africans are not more of saints than white folks or other races either

Don't get me wrong, I know Northern Europeans did some f--ked up things in the past. But I say Bible believing Christians should be like Bible-believing Christians, no matter what the race or nationality. Africa is steep in stupidity and corruption, a lot more than other countries. I know this is gonna get some mad, but it's a tough love truth. So no, race and nationality have nothing to do with it. Lots of Westerners need to get their act together. The same can be said for Africans.