• It is just basic human rights!

It is your property. You bought it. Therefore by human right's freedom of information, you should be allowed to share your audio information with who ever you want. It is YOUR audio and YOU bought it and therefore you should be allowed to do whatever you please with it, including sharing it online.

• Pay for your music

Due to File Sharing sites, musicians and songwriters are not getting paid. We have to spend thousands of dollars on recording, mixing, mastering, time, rewrites. It isn't going to kill you to pay the 99 cents for the track rather than steal it illegally. That is MY livelihood and MY job. Because of these file sharing sites my music is pirated before it even makes it to iTunes! Most artists these days are independent and not multimillionaires. They are only a handful on record labels - most others now have to self publish. Once the song its a popular show, then it sells on ITUNES, etc... That is how we eat. Quit stealing and pay for the music!

• End of Culture

File sharing sites should be illegal. You could still email whatever you wanted to friends etc, but to have the opportunity to share work that you do not own and did not create with the whole world is wrong. You can only share what belongs to you. When you buy a CD or DVD you do not own the work, you own a copy of the work.

• Yes. No reason to furtherthe problem.

The problem is that musicians will be cheated out of what they need to make more of what they do. Most singers are selfless and use the money to help people in need, not people who don't want to pay money for music because they don't feel like it. If we keep music downloading and sharing free and legal, the new problem will be about having free movies, books, etc.

• Hurting Artists and Reducing Choices

By sharing music, you're depriving the artist and the people who paid for the creation and production of the song of revenue which would allow them to recoup their costs and, more importantly, pay to produce more new music in the future. Without money for new production, there will be a reduction, either gradual or extreme, in the variety and choice of recorded music available in the future, because artists and technical professionals won't be able to earn a living making music.

• It's like pick-pocketing someone on the street.

Yes, sharing music online should be illegal. Record companies and artists take a lot of time and resources to create albums to put out for people to listen to and enjoy and by sharing it online you're basically stealing money right out of their pockets. The argument against file sharing being illegal is that these people already have money anyways and therefore are just being greedy by not giving away their work for free. People don't think about smaller bands who are just getting out there, who don't have the same money and resources as most big name artists. These bands must pay for everything themselves and have nowhere near the same amount of money as big label artists so therefore the money that they should be getting from record sales is being stolen from them and they're not making any money.

• Artists Must Eat

While musicians typically love what they do, they also need to put food on the table. They work very hard to produce their product and then they put that product into the marketplace. Digital piracy is so fast and easy that we often see it as a victim-less crime, but every online share is a product that was not sold and a paycheck that will never make it to the producer. If we had a way to instantly copy and reproduce a physical object--let's say an artisan's knitted hat--and we passed that freely to the masses, most would see the harm that would cause to the artisan's livelihood. With digital piracy we are doing the same thing--the technology does exist to effortlessly and instantly copy an artisan's handiwork so somehow it's ok to take away their livelihood and pass it around for free?

• File sharing !

I love to find music easier and I think it would be better for breakthrough artists to get their music heard ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• File sharing !

• It should definitely be legal

I had a point reading this arguments and I found out that long time ago people shared everything like food, drink, also clothes too. But when the time goes and goes people are becoming selfish. So that they want lots of money for something like just file! And actually it doesn't make sense, when it should make sense, artist should give music files to every people who helped them to make music so that it is fair. Now artists aren't giving the files to music video editor or people who help in many different ways. So, it was unfair at the first time, due to that it don't make sense. Then sharing music is legal.
    Thank you for reading this!!!!

• It shouldn't be illegal

Sharing music online should be allowed, i mean, you buy an audio, its yours, so You can share it with ANYONE. Artists also get quite a lot of money by sharing it on websites and social networking websites. Artists prefer their music to be public and world-wide. We share music on YouTube and people all over the world watch it and listen to music. I am trying to say that sharing music online isn't necessarily illegal. I honestly think we can share music online with our friends and family, or as a matter of fact the public itself, SHARING MUSIC ONLINE SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

Report Post

• No

Once the music is purchased somewhere you are allowed to do with it what ever you want. There would never be a way to regulate it and trace everyone down. I think that they need to raise the prices to off set what they perceive as a problem. This is the digital age and we have to live in it.

• Technology and the Internet

The Internet and technology have vitally changed an industry that used to be dependent on record companies supplying studio time and pressing resources. With the addition of digital audio and superior in house recording equipment, artists are now able and more than willing to record their own music and release it into the Internet themselves thereby negating the need for a record company who is ultimately taking a 30 to 40% cut of the profit off the top. And lets face it, no one really buys an album anymore, even on iTunes, digital singles out sell digital album sales ten to one.

The proven fact is the artists who are releasing this music into the mainstream are still making more money on tour and in concert than they could even conceive to make on iTunes or old school album sales. Contemporary artists have began to realize this fact and are embracing an independent path for exposing their music to the masses.

In Overview, the availability of artists making and producing their own music and releasing it onto the internet, combined with declining album sales. Record Companies are desperate! They are dying and have therefore have began to lobby governments to pass laws that violate our personal rights and freedoms.

Wake up people, the government was put in place to speak for the people, not be lobbied into a weak, unpopular position by a dying industry.

• My assignment 7

I'm doing an assignment (7th grade), so my argument is that music sharing should not be illegal because not only do the people who are listening to the music get something out of it, so do the artists.

M O R E W O R D S N E E D E D

• File sharing !

• File sharing !

• It should definitely be legal

Thank you for reading this!!!!

• It should definitely be legal

Thank you for reading this!!!!

• It should definitely be legal

Thank you for reading this!!!!