• Banned? Too late for that.

I wish that women/girls had respect for their bodies. I wish they understood men. Many haven't a clue what half naked females actually does to them on a mental/emotional level. Maybe some women/girls are exhibitionist's. Wanting attention is seemingly born into us females or a learned way of thinking ie; celebrity/Hollywood babe's photos. If an actual "ban" would be in place, there would be huge protests all over. Honestly a ban is too late. If at all it should have happened long ago. A ban now would open Pandora 's box with a plethora of problems we never imagined. I wish that girls/women had some bit of respect in themselves. Also research exactly how males process nudity, etc.

• Poor Women. >:(

Yes. I am a girl. I am not necessarily skinny. I am insecure of my body. Why? It is because I see all these women/girls showing off their skinny bodies/legs and making me and other people feel bad about their bodies too. The more they show the worse I feel. Another reason is that men think that they are entitled to this image of the perfect body. Which can lead to sexual abuse and rape. There is an image on the internet that says what a women should vs a man and the man has all of the "stable job" and "nice suit" and for women it has "don't be too fat"....

People shouldn't be looking for a hot skinny partner, they need a partner who is kind and isn't so self-absorbed.

I know I got a bit off topic but it is all under the same subject.

• Zero Respect for Themselves

Yeah sure. Us guys might like girls who wear short shorts. But honestly it is disgusting to think that girls are willing to show off whatever they want because they feel free to do so. Would you let your daughter go out and show off her rear in public? I know I sure as #### would not.

• They should be banned everywhere

This is disrespectful to parents. The short shorts also attract unwanted attention from males and possible perverts. Unfortunately girls cannot go out without pervs and sex offenders there . We can't let them do that even in my own workplace this happens when short skirts/dresses/shorts are worn that is why I say yes

• Yes banned it will help

Girls don't need to wear them mom shouldn't as well. Less rapes so yes after should wear then as well .God look. At. Internet people kids going on porn and seeing it on facebook and other web.We then to think about the kids what they see what they do. Think pass it

• Unnecessary, self-disrespectful and lack of modesty

Revealing your body for any purpose, wether it be to show off or to jump on a band wagon (the only real reasons why their worn) is despicable. It's inappropriate, unnecessary and should not be tolerated. It symbolizes lack of respect for yourself, your parents, etc. "It's hot outside." Is a common statement, yet respectful women and men wear knee length shorts and they're perfectly cool and comfortable. There's no logical reason to wear them and I believe they shouldn't be allowed to be worn in public.

• Self-respect and Modesty

Revealing your body for any purpose, wether it be to show off or to jump on a band wagon (the only real reasons why their worn) is despicable. It's inappropriate, unnecessary and should not be tolerated. It symbolizes lack of respect for yourself, your parents, etc. "It's hot outside." Is a common statement, yet respectful women and men wear knee length shorts and they're fine. There's no logical reason to wear them and I believe they shouldn't be allowed to be worn in public.

• Whats the point?

There isn't any point in banning it, if girls want to act like complete tramps so be it. They can get criticized if they want, its their fault. There are way bigger problems that need to be dealt with rather than banning a type of shorts, there isn't any point at all.

• Plenty of issues already

We got so many issues with laws, Obama,racism, and this country in general we don't need a controversy about this. There's just gonna be a bunch of protests and such. Do I like to see a person in short shorts walking by while I'm eating? No. Don't get legislation involved and let America fix its own flaws that are important get fixed.

• No, a girl can wear what she wants.

Not just that but because its hot, I'm seventeen I know. :) But if I had a daughter, and I pray I don't because the world is hard on girls, I would not want my daughter to wear them. Hypocrisy, perhaps, but I still have a few years before I have to worry about it. :p

• It Should Not Be Banned

The main reason why short shorts should not be banned in public is because of the freedom everyone is given. Well, it does not mean wearing short shorts means its a crime. It just means everyone has different personailities and ways of dressing. If we were to ban short shorts, it may be the same as banning someone to have freedom in dressing, negating her own unique personality and character. Thus, because this action would actually take away the 'freedom' of some, i believe short shorts should not be banned in public.

• Why stop there?

Eh, freedom of expression who needs it. While we are at it ee should ban tank tops and bathing suits. Heck lets just not let women leave the house.
    I live this logic, "If something makes me uncomfortable, it is wrong and it should be banned."
    I mean really? And also hate how people assume that if a woman wear anything even remotly revealing that she doesnt respect herself.

• No government involvement, please

While some may find short shorts revolting, immodest or sexually arousing, the same could be argued in regards to a tshirt or any other garment of clothing exposing anything. The fact that some people (both men and women, alike, i'd like to point out) find short shorts arousing is not reason enough to enforce a ban in my opinion. It is that exact logic (in addition to religious beliefs) that prohibits women from showing their calves, elbows and even faces in certain countries. I feel it is not the place of the government to ban articles of clothing being worn in public. Part of living in a society is being tolerant of differences. You do not have to agree with somebody else's choice of attire but you do however have to deal with it and move on with your day.

• What about bikinis?

How are these any worse than bikinis? We don't seem to mind them on beaches. My only concerns are that people let their teenage girls wear them and that people should only wear them if they have something worth looking at... I know that is going to get me in trouble, but I hate seeing certain people wearing horrible choices in clothing that accentuate their terrible looking bodies. However, the banning shouldn't have to be done legally, it should be taken care of by family members telling these people they look terrible or inappropriate. If we start outright banning of things unless they are showing private parts or something, how would you feel about forcing people to wear certain clothes all the time instead, like certain religions do to cover their women? Where do you draw the line?

• Women/girls should be able to dress as they please

While I think short shorts are ugly and far too revealing, women and girls should be allowed to dress however they want. Someone else's clothing is not really any of your business. Besides, the government has way more important things to do than banning an article of clothing some find offensive/sexual.

• No! No No!

Coming from a "punk perceptive" this is completely idiotic. No fashion should be banned. That would be a violation of our freedom of expression. I don't see how anyone could argue such a thing. Do not ban any type of fashion ever. I say legalize nudity. This is people's rights, don't take them away.

• Common sense question

This is not even a real question. People can wear what they want. To quote MCB2700 "There are way bigger problems that need to be dealt with rather than banning a type of shorts, there isn't any point at all."

That is just my two cents on this trivial matter.