• Must be banned

It is only a matter of time before a skateboarder is killed on Dunedin's roads, Dunedin City Council road safety adviser Henriette Rawlings says.
    Dunedin police agree, and are next week launching a crackdown on skateboarders.

Under New Zealand law, it is legal to ride a skateboard on the road.

While skateboarders must comply with all the rules applying to other road users, unlike cyclists, they don't need to wear a helmet or use a light at night.

Because of the legal framework, police could only enforce the law and could not stop skateboarders using the roads, Ms Rawlings said.

"All you can do is educate people," she said.

Constable Chris MacAulay, of Dunedin Police, said skateboards might be legal vehicles but they were inherently more dangerous than bikes because they did not have lights or brakes.

• Must be banned

• Kids need to play outside more

Kids these days play to much electronics so when they go outside they probably ride skateboards . Then u realize your kid has been hit by a car while having to skateboard on the road.Sidewalks are safer. Its hard getting over that. So we need to let skateboards on sidewalks

• Skate boards should be on sidewalks

I agree that skateboards should be allowed on sidewalks my reason to that is because there have been alot of accidents because kids are not on the sidewalk riding there skateboard so i say that kids should ride their skateboards in sidewalks because there is no sighn of that kids cant be on sidewalks

• Skate boards should be on sidewalks

• I think you hud go in the sidewalks

If you so on the sidewalks you will not get hurt by a car that hit you hard in the sidewalk you are more saif if parents let there kids skate on the street I am ashamed and disappointed and I a kid that is 10 and now better then you on making the rate dissuasion for a kid.

• I think you hud go in the sidewalks

• Skateboards are safe on sidewalks

Its much safe for kids to be on sidewalks unstead of being in the street because there are cars that are coming by. You will never know what's going to happen. If there are parents out there that let there kids out in the street im shocked and im a kid.

• B b b

B b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b bb b b b bb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb b b b b b b b b b bb b b bb b

• B b b

• Never skateboard on sidewalks.

Well you see skateboards are fast. It is much dangerous than walking or cycling. So if you skateboard on a sidewalk it is dangerous for both the passengers and the one who is riding the skateboard. Many peoppe just wear hats for style. So even if it's a bit boring go to a park. Or we could make a official skateboard path like a bicycle path?

• Skate boards should be on sidewalks

• I think you hud go in the sidewalks

• B b b

• B b b

• Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x x

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xx x xx x x x xx x x xx x xx xx x xx xx x xx x xx x x xx x x x x x

• No no no

N o o o o o o o o o oo o o o oo o o o o oo o o oo o o oo o o o oo o oo o o o oo o o oo o o oo o o oo o o oo o oo o oo o o o oo o o o o oo o o oo o

• I like chucken

Hasn sha hna shns xja xjs xb h hf hf hf fh hf hf h fh fh fh fh fh hf f hf fh fh hf haha you mase or noo boom i like chicken and not pig is discousting if you pig xall me on my ceel phone h

• I like chucken

• Cock is what you eat

Dick and ewnj4ehrwjferjwfijwiiwfe wjrweje wefnew few ew we w we f 4 w4 w4 f 4wj wfe we fe w ef faesfes e s fa e sa e ef ea aef e a es ef se fe ss e s s e ess f fse fe fse sef fse fes