• To help youre self

While in class, yes. I believe that students should have to surrender their phones to their teacher at the beginning of class or keep them in a locker. Smart phones are useful to students to stay in touch with their parents throughout the day or for after school, but they are a major distraction in the classroom and shouldn't be used.

• While in class, yes.

I believe that students should have to surrender their phones to their teacher at the beginning of class or keep them in a locker. Smart phones are useful to students to stay in touch with their parents throughout the day or for after school, but they are a major distraction in the classroom and shouldn't be used.

• Should be banned

First of all I surely agree phones should be banned in school. They r many reasons to this. Some say its helpful as it can be used to help but there are plenty of other resources that can be of help. Cell phones are a huge distraction, example students just think of their phones, that what they will do on it all day which makes it hard to focus on their studies. Students can cheat very easily. Now days there are many new apps which gives can u answers of the question u r looking for. Therefore, they can be useful in contacting your drivers or parents, but if that's the case their phones should be given to the administration office.

• Should be banned

• Smart phones should be banned in schools because it will be able to lower the level of distraction for the students.

When teachers allow the students to take out their smartphones for research, they will abuse the permission and sometimes use it to chat with their friends or play games. For example, my class have many instances when classmates play their phones or check their social media, like Instagram or Snapchat, behind the teacher's back and under the desk during lessons. This shows that smartphones being in schools and classrooms is a huge distraction. By banning smartphones in schools, students will have a better concentration on their studies. Thus, banning smartphones in school decreases the amount of distraction for students.

• Smartphones should not be banned in schools.

Smartphones allow students to conduct research online during their classes. This means that students would have easy access to articles and reports online to help them in their classes. A survey done by the Ministry of Education reported that 75% of teachers allow their students to use their smartphones in class to look up the internet for news articles. The teachers have also stated that most of their students do not abuse the privilege that they have. This shows that most students are able to use their smartphones productively, without being distracted by social media or text messages. Hence, I strongly believe that smartphones should not be banned in schools.

• No phones should not be banned in school

Phones help us do classwork, discussions and arguments.For example,right now I am using the phone to discuss about a composition topic. Do you see how phones help us in our everyday lives? Also, if some of us need to contact our teachers during emergency situations,phones can help us with that. Hence, phones should not be banned in school

• Smart phones should not be banned in schools. Students should have smart phones in school because they can learn new things and relieve stress anywhere.

The smart phone is portable because it is small and light. It is tedious to carry a laptop or computer everywhere you go. You can surf the Internet for research on a phone. Smart phones can also be used to play games and listen to music so as to help students to relieve stress. Therefore, smart phones should be allowed in schools.
    Done by:
    Dominic Wee
    Gan Eng Seng School
    2D

• There are too many addicts out there...

I am a middle schooler myself, and I don't have a smartphone, but a flip phone. Yes, I have been wanting an iPhone for a long time. When a new model comes out, my pleading becomes begging; and that's why smartphones shouldn't be allowed.
    Many children my age use their smartphones for games and texting, and because of that, many of them wear glasses. My mom doesn't allow more than an hour of screen time each day of the weekend, and that isn't just because she's strict.
    My mom proved this by giving me the facts; she didn't need glasses until she started using her phone daily. Now, her prescription is very high... So these smartphones are distracting AND bad for your health.

• Banned the phones!!!!!

I am a student and I think cell phones should be banned because I have noticed that students use it as another thing to just distract them and the students around them. This takes away from learning. I have also noticed that students use it to cheat on in class assignments, which they don't learn from just looking things up. There is also an app that my friends and others use for math, you take a picture of the math problem and the app figures out the answer and even shows you the work. Students use this on tests I heard....

• Smartphones should not be banned as they help students to read and research. However, smartphones are also a major distraction to the students.

Statistical data shows that 83% of students own a smartphone and 50% of them use them to do school work daily. This shows that majority of the students use their smartphones to help them in their studies, But the remaining 33% of them use their smartphones to surf the internet or to keep up with trends on social media such as instagram and facebook, which is a huge distraction to students' studies as their minds would be comstantly comcentrated on wanting schlol to end so that they can go onto social media. Therefore, smartphones should not be banned as they help majority of the students in their school work despite being a distraction to them.

• Smartphones should not be banned in school. Smartphones can help students do research.

If smartphones are banned from school, students cannot do extra research if they did not pay attention in class.According to a survey done by researches at the university of Florida .Students that do learning on their own is, 73 percent, using handphones that tablets and e-books. It is also very portable and can be used any where to research making it a very conveinent way to catch up with the teacher and the lesson.

• Smartphones should not be banned in school as it is used to reduce stress for students.

After a long day of lessons and getting piled by tons of homework, students can finally whip out their phone from their pockets and play games or connect on social media during recess or after school to reduce their stress level and pressure. In school, students are more often than not very very tired where they may be under stress and Smartphones will help students reduce stress. Therefore, Smartphones should not be banned in school

Edgar Ong
    Gan Eng Seng School
    2D

Done by:
    Dominic Wee
    Gan Eng Seng School
    2D

Done by:
    Dominic Wee
    Gan Eng Seng School
    2D

• No they help sometimes.

Smartphones can be used for research when a class can not get the iPad's of computers for the class. Also, things like Kahoot can be done from a smartphone. However, they should only be used when needed or allowed. Smartphones should not however be used for inappropriate things or texting in class.

• Students Use Them Quite a Lot

I am in high school and we use them for almost everything we do. I understand they can lower the quality of the education of the school's name if people hear that students are using them incorrectly, however at our school, we do a lot of the activities on our cell phone, which means they further our education rather than hurt it.