• Smoking should be illegal!

I think smoking should be illegal because I know that lots of people don't want to breathe in that bad air. It has not been proven that you can get lung cancer from smoking (according to my mom), but you can still get diseases like emphysema or SIDS. Abolish smoking!!

• Smoking should be banned!

I fear for my fathers life. He smokes. I fear that someday he will just become sick or even die. He might not make it to my wedding or even my prom. I fear for his life. Smoking is bad. Just think of kids like me who fear that their parents will die because they smoke. Take charge. STOP SMOKING! Think of the people your hurting!

• Smoking should be banned

Smoking should be banned forever because I don't like seeing people with tubes in their throats it makes me feel bad and my family member ha sided of lung cancer. So smoking should be banned because if you were smoking and you got a tube in a throat you would want people to stop smoking.

• Freedom to the smoker - Injustice to others

First hand. Second hand. Third hand.

Most people have have heard of the first two, but not the third. The harmful substances from smoking can stick onto fabric, clothing, and furniture, harming those around it and those who come into contact with it. Let's say a mother smokes. Her clothes probably have third hand smoke. If she has a baby, she is probably constantly in contact with her baby. In other words, her baby is constantly in contact with third hand smoke. This shouldn't be happening.

Also, I've heard that second hand is actually more detrimental than first. Even for people for don't live with smokers, second hand smoke isn't that rare to come across. A lot of times, I'm in a locked car and I can smell smoke from other vehicles. At bus stops, I can smell smoke lingering from someone who was there previously. I don't want to inhale second hand smoke. It's not someone's right to damage others' health, even in minimal traces. Children would be even more vulnerable to minimal traces.

As for my last point, I will quote Benjamin Franklin: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Ban smoking and it can decrease medical costs for the economy. Smokers can develop lung cancer, lip cancer, throat cancer, etc. Extremities like hands and feet may require medical attention and even amputation. Respiratory problems can develop or worsen pre-existing ones like asthma. Heart attacks. Strokes. We could eliminate a lot of unnecessary medical costs by prohibiting smoking. I understand that there will always be some people who smoke anyway, but we should at least draw the people who are motivated to be law-abiding citizens.

• In Public Places

Smoking should be banned in public places because no one should be forced to breathe in someone's secondhand smoke. If you want to smoke in your car or at home, go for it. Everyone has the right to ruin their bodies as they see fit. However, smoking in public areas should be banned because second hand smoke is a horrible carcinogen.

• Smoking has changed my life.

My mother has been a smoker since before I was born, and it has had a major effect on my life. I have asthma and I cannot even be near her when she smokes. It is also killing her. And let us not forget about the effect on the environment! Smoking benefits no one but the companies who make and sell cigarettes and cigars.

• The first and foremost argument for the implementation and regulation of a smoking ban is very obviously, health related

No one who smokes is unaware of the various ill effects that it has. The number of chemicals that are present in one single cigarette is mind boggling. And regular smoking can lead to severe health conditions like oral cancer, lung cancer, etc. Why someone would want themselves to go through such an ordeal is beyond most people. While smokers may argue that it is an addiction, what they cannot answer is that: is this addiction stronger than the value of their lives? The more they smoke, the more susceptible they become to adverse health conditions. So, there's no real motive for people to want them to stop smoking, in private or in public, but for their own better health. Smoke which arises when a person smokes a cigarette, bide or cigar is more hazardous to a passive smoker who inhales the smoke being in close vicinity of the active smoker. The smoke being inhaled by the former is unfiltered thereby causing more ill effects. Several pulmonary diseases such as cough, bronchitis, asthma and last but not the least carcinoma of lungs may occur as a consequence of smoking.

• yes be cause

Many people (like myself) suffer from asthma, and should be looked after by smokers. When a person doesn't want lung cancer induced by second-hand smoke, their need for clean air should be respected. However, respect for the smoker's right to smoke should be kept safe as well. Solution? Some areas must be off limits to smokers.

• Smoking Is bad.

Smoking is bad because it causes physical damage to your health. Smoking is a major cause of death. With smoking injuries it costs more for a single person to be cared for, than to make thousands and thousands of cigarettes. Smoking will cause your lungs to fail soon and your teeth get unhealthy because of the smoke.

• Freedom? Nanny state? NO.

1. Free Choice: It may be a smoker's choice to smoke and destroy their own bodies but free choice cannot be used to justify smoking as the personal liberties of non-smokers who inhale second hand smoke and those whose tax money goes to paying for smokers' treatments are then breached.

2. Nanny State: Yes, Hang Gliding is dangerous. Yes, driving is dangerous. People die from hang gliding and driving all the time. No, these activities should not be banned. Tobacco cigarettes are the only LEGAL product that, when used as intended, hurt the consumer.

In conclusion, neither weak appeals to fear or using personal freedom/liberties can be used to justify keeping smoking legal. Smoking kills many. It will kill many more. Smoking must be banned.

• Smoking should be banned!

• Smoking is a choice that you make by yourself

If smoking for kids is not legal it allows kids aka in high school to become violent and could kill people in the real world, which could also scare the civilians. So please make weed legal and allow us kids to smoke me when i smoke i become less violent

• It should not be banned

Smoking should not be banned even though I'm clever enough to be a none smoker but the tax that is payed with a purchase of cigerretes will help the goverment to make the country to be a better place so if we rise the price of cigerretes from lets say £7 to £20 it will increase the amount of money that the gouverment receives through tax and people won't be able to afford cigerretes and will eventually stop

• Not entirely.

It should be as it is now, some areas should be off limits.

• No

Smoking should not be banned because everyone should have the right to do what they want to their own body. I do think that they should have to pay higher prices for insurance and the tobacco itself and that money can be used for cancer research for the cure to cancer.

• Nanny state

Once you ban smoking you give way to start banning everything. Smoking is one of those things that most people don't like; They don't smoke, they don't like the smell of smoke, and they generally believe that "second-hand" smoke kills. This makes smoking an easy target for "the powers that be", that want a "nanny state", to ban. Once you start banning one thing, you move on to banning other things; soon enough, the government decides everything you can do.

• No, Smoking should not be banned

Banning smoking will not stop a smoker from smoking. They will simply become a closet smoker. If you ban smoking, what will it solve? Yes, a few less people will get cancer, and that is a good reason. But smoking becomes physically addictive. You might as well start putting people in rehab now. Early education might stand a chance. Cigarettes are almost up to ten dollars a pack now where I live, I promise if that hasn't slowed people down, forbidding it won't do much better.

• Smokers Should Be Monitored

Smokers health should be constantly monitored to ensure their health doesn't become irreverably endangered. Yearly blood tests for accumulation of heavy metals and free radical damage should be performed. All this should be at the smoker's expense. Once a certain threshold is reached the smoker would be warned off smoking. Non-compliance would jeapardize any future health or health-related government benfits.

Anonymous says2013-05-02T08:54:01.760
I like the argumentative vibe