• Are You Kidding?????

Of Course Smoking should be made illegal, you call hurting not only your lungs but your peers and environment a personal choice? I've watched my grandma have lung surgery three times, my uncle get a heart transplant, and my brother get very ill all from smoking. Now i have been diagnosed with lung cancer because of second hand smoke and i am 15 do you see what i mean? Smoking doesn't only hurt the person doing it, it hurts everyone in that community, it's not fair to me and anybody else who has decided not to smoke to become ill due to somebody's "personal decision". So if i am killed because of lung cancer remember it was all this second hand smoke let's kill it now.

• It is not the persons fault. It is the producers.

If you are sorounded by smokers, then it is hard not to smoke. Now once you are on it, it is very difficult to stop. Now while the amount of smokers is decreasing, many are still dying. Now, when I say ban, I mean ban the producer's. They are just causing the smokers to smoke more. Yet they blame the smokers for it. What is the point of warning about smoking, then advertising it. It get's smokers to smoke.

• I may be a 12 year old but I know how smoking can affect you.

I have 3 reasons why cigarettes should be banned

1.Smoking does have lots of chemicals in and it is not good for you and those of you trying to have a slow death just please stop now I want for you to stop and try to enjoy life with your kids,spouse,boyfriend or girlfriend or even your siblings as long as you can.
    2.Smoking causes a lot of damage like gum disease or lung disease and many more if you don’t believe me look it up there are many things that can happen to you when you smoke and for those of you who smoking doesn’t effect your baby when you are pregnant or have kids it does it can really harm your children so please stop immediately.
    3.For those of you who say no I disagree it is an addiction god put us on this earth to live,learn and so much more and you are just wasting your life with a slow death there has been over 400,000 people deaths each year just from smoking. Please stop smoking it is an addiction please stop now and turn to god for those who believe in him if you cant just pray and pray to god to help stop your addiction and for those of you who don’t believe in him turn to someone else like your mom dad brother sister or anybody you truly love tell them about and they will help you through it.

• A LOT of legal drugs should be illegal.

But smoking in particular. Normally I have a libertarian mindset when it comes to government staying out of business, but in the case of cigarettes you're effecting other people's lives as well. You have every right to kill yourself, but you can't kill me in the process. And I don't want to pay for your medical bills either when Obama's socialist healthcare nightmare kicks in.

So YES, it SHOULD be illegal. But since our government profits from it, it never will be.

• I am a smoker but...

I hate that i am addicted to cigarettes-i wish i never started. But i feel like if i stopped i would choke my 13 yr old! Lol. Its a biological vs psycological addiction as there are actually nicotinic receptors on the brain! So you can imagine a key going into a lock. It produces a calming effect. Also in addition smoking cessation products can get quite pricey and often dont work ( who are you kidding nicotine gum?) more effective treatments such as outpatient stop smoking programs offered by hospitals can be hundreds of dollars. A better option would be to impose stricter regulations on what they are allowed to add to the tobacco (manufacturers actually spray crap on the tobacco to make it more addictive) Furthermore, its completely unfair for companies to test for nicotine and not hire qualified individuals bc they smoke! You dont test people for alchohol- which has its own damaging effects on the body(hello cirrhosis of the liver..I see you!) Why not just ban it and be done with it. Maybe set up free or reduced priced programs for people who need it to help. Them quit? Anyway thats my two cents.

• Yes, it should be illegal

It should be illegal because you can see people getting addicted to it or even killed. Smoking is as bad as other type of drugs you can die from it you can get harm because of it. I really do NOT! See the difference between smoking and other types of drugs. At the end you end up dying and if you feel stressed about something talk to someone not just smoke to feel that satisfaction because at the end you are going to end up dying. We can all make a change do the world! NO More smoking. IT CAN KILL YOU!

• Smoking is bad for your health

Stomach
    Smokers have an increased chance of getting stomach cancer or ulcers. Smoking can weaken the muscle that controls the lower end of your gullet (oesophagus) and allow acid from the stomach to travel in the wrong direction back up your gullet, a process known as reflux.
    Smoking is a significant risk factor for developing kidney cancer, and the more you smoke the greater the risk. For example, research has shown that if you regularly smoke 10 cigarettes a day, you are one and a half times more likely to develop kidney cancer compared with a non-smoker. This is increased to twice as likely if you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day.
    Brain
    In fact, smoking increases your risk of having a stroke by at least 50%, which can cause brain damage and death. And, by smoking, you double your risk of dying from a stroke.
    One way that smoking can increase your risk of a stroke is by increasing your chances of developing a brain aneurysm. This is a bulge in a blood vessel caused by a weakness in the blood vessel wall. This can rupture or burst which will lead to an extremely serious condition known as a subarachnoid haemorrhage, which is a type of stroke, and can cause extensive brain damage and death.
    Mouth and throat
    Smoking causes unattractive problems such as bad breath and stained teeth, and can also cause gum disease and damage your sense of taste.
    The most serious damage smoking causes in your mouth and throat is an increased risk of cancer in your lips, tongue, throat, voice box and gullet (oesophagus). More than 93% of oropharangeal cancers (cancer in part of the throat) are caused by smoking.
    The good news is that when you stop using tobacco, even after many years of use, you can greatly reduce your risk of developing head and neck cancer. Once you've been smokefree for 20 years, your risk of head and neck cancer is reduced to that of a non-smoker.

Reproduction and fertility
    Up to 120,000 men from the UK in their 20s and 30s are impotent as a direct result of smoking, and men who smoke have a lower sperm count than those who are non-smokers.
    For women, smoking can reduce fertility. One study found that smokers were over three times more likely than non-smokers to have taken more than one year to conceive. The study estimated that the fertility of smoking women was 72% that of non-smokers.
    Smoking also increases your risk of cervical cancer. People who smoke are less able to get rid of the HPV infection from the body, which can develop into cancer.
    Smoking while you are pregnant can lead to miscarriage, premature birth, stillbirth and illness, and it increases the risk of cot death by at least 25%.
    If you are pregnant, you can find lots more information on the specialist free support available from the NHS to help you stop smoking here.

• Smoking is bad for your health

Stomach
    Brain
    Mouth and throat

Reproduction and fertility

• Smoking is DEADLY!

People say, "Oh smoking is my own choice." Yeah it is, but ask yourself this. Is it the people around you the people in your communitys choice. Second hand smoke kills more each year than people who actually smoke. The average smoker spends over 5000 dollars a year. Cigarettes have over 1000 chemicals all of which are bad. People also like to argue why should junk food , alcohal , etc not be illegal if it harmful and has little to no health benefits. People have a choice of what they eat. We dont have a choice on the air we breath. You are killing your family and community by making your own choice. Now lets make ours and BAN smoking and producing of cigarettes.

• Its basic logic

Cigarettes, along with processed meat and many other products have been scientifically proven to kill you if you use them the way they're advertised. Why should a company be allowed to sell a product that is deadly when used correctly? You could argue that it is your choice, but should it be our choice to sell poison that shortens your life by over 20 years, and market it as if its simply for pleasure? The tobacco industry only exists because it makes republicans and the other pigs money, open your eyes.

• No it's a personal choice

People say smoking should be made illegal because it harms the smoker and has no postive health benefits. Well, first off, if I want to kill myself slowly via cigarettes, that's my own personal choice. Secondly, if we are going to start banning things due to them being harmful and possessing no health benefits, well, cigarettes aren't going to be the only thing being banned. Not even close. Soda, candy bars, twinkies, alchohol, and so much more, have little to no health benefits and are harmful to the consumer. Why aren't these products banned? Because consuming them is a personal choice, just as smoking is a personal choice. If I want to smoke, it is no one else's business, please stay out of my life and let me do as I please, so long as I am not harming anyone else, which smoking alone on my back porch does not do.

• It is a person's personal choice.

Although smoking is extremely harmful to one's body, I do not believe that smoking should be made illegal. If someone truly wants to smoke, they will find a way just as drug-users find a way to get cocaine or marijuana. Money will just be transfered to an individual person rather than a business. Either way, I believe that the number or smokers will not significantly go down simply because there is a law against it. I also believe that it is a person's personal choice what they want to do with their body. If cigarettes were to be made illegal, I believe that alcohol, fast food, and anything else deemed to be unhealthy should be made illegal as well.

• It isn't fair to try to force others to quit something against their will

Many smokers are lifelong addicts who find it difficult if not impossible to stop. This ban could potentially force some to quit while others will turn to the black market and become criminals just for smoking a cigar or cigarette. This would also waste the polices time. They could be out catching actual dangerous drug dealers and be putting away violent criminals. Instead they would be apprehending smokers that otherwise are law abiding citizens. This would be the same as banning fast food because eventually it threatens your health in greater quantities or arresting someone for having a sweet tooth. I am not saying there shouldn't be areas where smoking should be limited. I am also not saying that all drugs should be legalized.

• Freedom and Self-Determination

Everybody should have the right to do with his life and body whatever he or she wants. Even if others think it is not right. Of course nobody should have absolute freedom, but if something does not affect anybody else it should be legal. That is why I also support the legalisation of all drugs in a regulated market, polygamy and other things.

But for this special case: I support laws that protect people who do not smoke.

• I hate to say No.

But no. I used to smoke and am glad I quit. It was hard. But to deprive the individual's of the right to do so, I disagree with it. I do agree with not being able to smoke in the car with children and smoking in public buildings, etc. However, if you want to smoke, do it, the education is more than available these days.

• Not at all

I mean, the only effects i presume are a nicotine rush and bad health effects. But drugs like that one 'zombie' guy took (who ate that guy's face off) that had a really bad effect, it should be banned indefinitely. I get where your question comes from, and can be analogized with, 'should we ban alcohol,' which i think yes; but government says no. Particularly, i think, because it makes them too much money, to it cut off would mean less revenue. Now back to cigarettes: i think people should have a choice to destroy their body in a 'safe' (because there is really no psychological effect of smoking) way. Also i think smoking keeps people off drugs verses if smoking was banned, due to cigarettes would be trafficked like drugs thus being a harder access.

So in all, people have a right to destroy their body in a way that isn't a threat to society. I think cigarettes will never be banned due to this world being greedy as hell.

• I lke slapping my pickle with a nickel

Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good... Feels good.. . Feels good... Feels good... Feels good...

• Smoking is bad for your health

Stomach
    Brain
    Mouth and throat

Reproduction and fertility

• Smoking is bad for your health

Stomach
    Brain
    Mouth and throat

Reproduction and fertility

• Ftutfuf,uv,jugturyd e gch

NxznmdczxjhxzCkhj dsF ad few f we w t ertg3 4t 3 t3 4t 3t tf efv g4u htuo343u ht3hthgh 44 ht 3th 4tg 34gt iq24ugt i34ugti34t pg4t 3qo5gt o34qygtq43iygtq4i tgqi4 tg3q5it g3q5iygt 3q5iygtq3i5ygt 3q5itg35qy tg3tg3qotg5qtg3yy t 3i5yt3q otgq3otg3qo tg5 tg ti3 qgt4tgigrtiug4tu34gti t 3itg i3tg ietgyier gtyerg tyer yeg uietgit gui