• Don't make the people around you put up with your bad habits

It is known that the act of smoking is bad for ones health, but being near someone smoking a cigerette ("Passive smoking") isn't very healthy either! And the problem is, that as a passive smoker, you can't really do anything about it. I myself have been forced to wait on a bus in the streaming rain, because the shelter was occupied by half a dozen smokers, and I really can't stand the smoke (I'm very sensitive to it). Don't make other people suffer from your own bad habits!

• Smoking in public places

The counterargument to that is that smoking has detrimental effects on other people besides the smoker, and the government should be able to do something about that.

I think smoking might be a dangerous and stupid thing to do, it's not the government's job to make those decisions for us. The government's job is to protect people from harm caused by others, which is the only reason why smoking in public places should be restricted.

• Smoking in public is harmful to us non smokers especially with asthma and children.

I live in a apartment complex and have a smoker by my vehicle every day lighting up next to my car. I have asked him to move nicely and he states he can smoke wherever he damn well pleases. If it where up to me I would make all smokers stay far away from entrances because why should I or my 1.5 year old have to suffer. Second hand smoke
    Is just as bad as smoking and why do smokers feel they have a right to smoke in people's faces just ridiculous!

• Yes it should.

I think that smoking should be permitted in public places as long as it is outdoors and in a designated area. I don't think smokers should be able to light up just anywhere, like a library or grocery store, but they should be able to step outside and have a smoke.

• Yes, it should be up to the landowner.

Yes, smoking should be permitted in public places, because the person who owns the public place should have the right to decide whether they want to allow smoking or not. A restaurant owner might want to allow people to smoke, and they might not. Each owner should be able to decide for themselves. People can decide whether or not to go to each establishment.

• Smoking is harmful for non-smokers.

Smokers should have the right to smoke, but it's not reasonable if that right is harmful to others. Obviously, if people smoke in public places, non-smokers have no choice but to become secondhand smokers. Don't non-smokers have the right to choose not to be secondhand smokers?
    Smoking is a cause of pollution. There is a lot of research that shows that many kinds of gases that are released by smoking and are harmful for the environment, such as tar and carbon dioxide. Everyone knows that now the environment is getting worse and worse. Do you want smoking to be another source of the problem?

• It destroys us..!!

- There are over 4,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke and at least 69 of those chemicals are known to cause cancer. See the cancer causing ingredients here, I think the picture given on the site will tell you how dangerous smoking is : http://www.Tricountycessation.Org/tobaccofacts/Cigarette-Ingredients.Html

- Whereas the effects of other self-indulgent, personally harmful behaviors are more singularly linked to the participant, the injurious effects of smoking in public spill over into other people's lives with a more consistent, tangible, and (sometimes) permanent impact.

• Think about passive smoker around you!

Public area crowded by people, both of smoker and non-smoker, if you're a active smoker, you have to think 'bout non-smoker that exactly feel disturbed, 'cause they can't breath clear air without that smoke, thing that can cause several disease relates with your lung. Think smart! U just burn your money by buying that cigarette.

• Nien nien nien nien nien! Fegalin! Fegalin! Fegaline! Fegaline!

NNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEENNNN NIIIIIENENENENENENEN N I E N !
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ! NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIEN NIENнет нет нет нет нет нет нет нет нет нет нет 아니아니아니아니 لا لا لا لا не не не не не не Nee Nee Nee NeeNee Nee 不不不不 不 不! NIEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN NIEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNnn

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad cigarette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is really bad for your health. If you do it your REALLY bad. Don't cause deaths!!!! No. No. No. No more deaths. I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I HATE IT AND IT IS REALLY BAD FOR YOU!!!

• No it is a personal attack on non smokers

Smoking should not be allowed in public places. The harm it does to non smokers is terrible. I have a lung problem and every time I encounter smoke I have trouble breathing. Non smokers don't have a choice to avoid this as they may be shopping, waiting for a bus (like me today), in a restaurant etc. Smoke travels a distance even in the open air, my friend can smell her neighbour across the street when he is smoking, and if the wind is in that direction it is very strong.

• Smoking Bad in Public

Smoking in public places is a bad idea and can lead to secondhand smoke consequences. Laws need to be enacted that prevent pepole from smoking in populated areas. Otherwise, consequences like cancer and secondhand smoke cancer will soon be realized. Such laws exist in many states, and they've proven to be effective.

• Smoking Should Not be Permitted In PUblic Places

No, smoking should not be permitted in public places. While a smoker has the right to place into his or her body what he or she chooses, the smoker does not have the right to force that substance in to the bodies of others via second-hand smoke. Thus, smoking should not be permitted in public places.

• Do it outside!

I may come off a bit biased here, because I am not a smoker, but I think smoking should remain banned in public places. We live in different times now, and a lot of people simply turn to public areas to get away from the look and smell of smoke.

• Think about the children

Have you ever heard the saying "Don't let me choke on your second hand smoke"? This saying should be plastered everywhere. Smoking is a disgusting habit that leads to major health problems and death. Would you want your child exposed to that? I think not. No one should really be smoking, but it's a "free" country so we can't tell anyone because they have free will. I think making designated areas for smokers is a good idea. They have that at my college. All the smokers are only allowed to smoke far away from the school. (because it is a smoke free school)