• Smoking is horrible for your health!

Smoking is a terrible habit that has immense consequences. Smoking is directly linked with cancer. Smoking increases your risk of blood clots, stroke, heart attacks, and COPD. It is bad for your teeth and skin. It is harmful to the people around you because of second-hand smoke. From a shallow perspective, it also makes your breath and clothes stink!

• Cigarettes are no help anyway.

Cigarettes serve no healthy benefit at all and can cause not only terrible sickness, they can also cause amputations and you may have to have special equipment to speak normally. Smoking is not only harmful for those who smoke, but also those who stand near them. Parents who smoke can be a bad example to their children and when you smoke near them they can have the same lung problems for breathing in that smoke as you will.

• Cigarettes are harmful!

I strongly believe that cigarettes should be illegal. They bad for the lungs and cause lung cancer. People who are around smoking can get damage from second hand smoke. Lots of people get addicted to smoking. Smoking is also not a good influence on people, because they feel pressured to smoke.

• Smoking has, in my opinion, no benefits!

Smoking should be illegal for many reasons. Firstly, they not only affect the user themselves but they also affect their surroundings. These including the environment and the people around the smokers. Smoking causes pollution and people all around will be able to breathe in the smoke they exhale. Smoking will also make its users appear less than they would look if they didn't smoke. Their teeth and fingers would turn yellow, their hair would turn grey and thin faster, and they would look older as they are not.

• Cigarettes hurt people other than cigarette comsumers

If you are willing to take on the health issues from smoking cigarettes, that should be your own right; however, smoking cigarettes pollutes the air that is shared by all human beings, and to potentially put someone else's health at risk for your own desire should never be legal. I hate having to inhale secondhand smoke knowing that it will damage my body. I imagine millions of others who feel the way I do also hate inhaling someone else's pollution.

• Ban cigarettes and replace it with weed. ;)

Yes, because then we can legalize marijuana. Okay, weed can cause one disease, but it can also prevent two diseases. Plus, the Kentucky area smokes weed anyway, so why not just legalize it to keep the U.S. citizens out of jail? And cigarettes give you lung cancer, while weed on the other hand can't. This is my opinion.

• They are bad for you!

Okay, so if you smoke you are going to turn out like that person in the commercial with the wig! Gross, never going to be me! Your health would be really bad and you could die from lung cancer! It is really bad, you could also die from heart disease!

• They are bad for you!

Smokers, there are MANY reasons why. Cigarettes are smelly and they make you smell disgusting! They can cause cancer and make you feel and look a lot older than you really are! They put tar on your lungs and they ruin lives! Once you start, you can't stop because YOU ARE ADDICTED! Cigarettes don't do good! SO I DO BELIEVE THEY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

• They are very harmful.

Cigarettes should not be sold. They can kill you and put you in a hospital. It's no good to smoke. If you smoke you are not going to live as long. You can get lung cancer and your lungs can get hairy. If you don't want to die then don't smoke.

• Smoking

Yes, in my personal opinion, I think that smoking cigarettes or anything should be illegal. You are putting out second hand smoke when you smoke cigarettes thereby endangering all the people who breathe that smoke in. The smoke is bad for your health as well as the health of the others who take it in.

• The Law Has No Business in My Personal Affairs

What I put in my body is my business. If I want to smoke a cigarette or drink poison, the government should keep their nose out of it. Constitutionally they have no right. Yes smoking is bad, and I ruined my health with it. Wish I never tried it. Glad I finally quit. But I wouldn't want the government to take my liberty by dictating what I can and cant do with my body.

• Cigarettes should be regulated, but not illegal

Cigarettes have many proven negative health effects on smokers and those around smokers and therefore are rightly regulated; they should not be made illegal however. Outlawing cigarettes would be unpractical currently and most likely just create a black market or drive smokers to use other equally, or even more unhealthy, substances.

• Cigarettes are my friend not yours so back off

Cigarettes are my coping skill no one has a say in what I do with my life.It is my body so get over the fact that I am going to keep on smoking. I don't care what the government has to say because it is my opinion so get over it and move on with your life.

• The Economical Gain

Cigarettes are bad for the smoker and those around that smoker. We can all agree on that. However the US makes a lot of money off of the cigarette market. Not to mention the jobs this market creates. Being as in debt as you people are, don't you need money? If so then legalizing cigarettes is your best option

• Its my body

Although cigarettes can cause harm to others around me I think that it should remain a legal choice, as it always has been. It is my body and if I decide to "Smell like smoke" then let me smell like smoke. I do agree that it should be regulated because of second hand smoke. It isn't necessarily fair to others to be affected by ones choice to smoke a cigarette. However, it is my body and I should be allowed to if I do please, it wasn't anybody's business 15 years ago, why is it now?!?!?

• Cigarettes are no different

With 30% of America obese, diabetes on the rise and millions of people living a sedentary lifestyle I believe you have no right to tell somebody what to do with their body because nobody in America cares about theirs as is. I choose to smoke and I am a physically fit person, I don't want to live to 90 and I affect no one with my habit. It is immoral to tell me not to smoke I have made the choice and you must respect it.

• My body, my decision

If i decide to go out and get super high, you cant stop me because its my body (obviously like if the drugs are illegal then you can) but there's this cool thing called body autonomy, and it pretty much means that its your body and you can decide what to do with it, if people want to destroy their bodies by smoking, or drinking, or ect. Let them, the only thing that makes those things dangerous for others is second hand smoke, which we should find a way to fix that because obviously people are still going to smoke, so just make it as least dangerous as we can.

• Coming from a smoker

Yes, there are no benefits from smoking. Apart from feeding a stupid addiction that most people started to impress their peers. Meth is illegal as it ruins your health and effects others around you. Smoking does the same with less benefits (no high) it should be allowed for current smokers only, and needs to be phased out from our youth.

• Cigarettes themselves should not be illegal.

I think people should have the freedom to smoke if they so choose as long as it does not harm others. I do think they should have laws where it is illegal for smokers to smoke around non smokersand that there would be stiff fines for those who do. This is because this is violating the liberty of the non smoker.

• It's your choice

It's a personal choice to smoke or not. Rather than everyone else deciding what we should or should not do, it should be a personal choice. While it is an addictive substance that most compare to certain drugs, it does not lead to the poor choices that often affects other people. We all know the consequences of smoking to our health.

Anonymous says2013-05-20T15:29:03.080
I think that cigarettes should be illegal because they will ruin your whole life and put you at many risks and dangers.