• Smoking is horrible for your health!

Smoking is a terrible habit that has immense consequences. Smoking is directly linked with cancer. Smoking increases your risk of blood clots, stroke, heart attacks, and COPD. It is bad for your teeth and skin. It is harmful to the people around you because of second-hand smoke. From a shallow perspective, it also makes your breath and clothes stink!

• Cigarettes are no help anyway.

Cigarettes serve no healthy benefit at all and can cause not only terrible sickness, they can also cause amputations and you may have to have special equipment to speak normally. Smoking is not only harmful for those who smoke, but also those who stand near them. Parents who smoke can be a bad example to their children and when you smoke near them they can have the same lung problems for breathing in that smoke as you will.

• Smoking has, in my opinion, no benefits!

Smoking should be illegal for many reasons. Firstly, they not only affect the user themselves but they also affect their surroundings. These including the environment and the people around the smokers. Smoking causes pollution and people all around will be able to breathe in the smoke they exhale. Smoking will also make its users appear less than they would look if they didn't smoke. Their teeth and fingers would turn yellow, their hair would turn grey and thin faster, and they would look older as they are not.

• Cigarettes hurt people other than cigarette comsumers

If you are willing to take on the health issues from smoking cigarettes, that should be your own right; however, smoking cigarettes pollutes the air that is shared by all human beings, and to potentially put someone else's health at risk for your own desire should never be legal. I hate having to inhale secondhand smoke knowing that it will damage my body. I imagine millions of others who feel the way I do also hate inhaling someone else's pollution.

• Cigarettes are harmful!

I strongly believe that cigarettes should be illegal. They bad for the lungs and cause lung cancer. People who are around smoking can get damage from second hand smoke. Lots of people get addicted to smoking. Smoking is also not a good influence on people, because they feel pressured to smoke.

• Ban cigarettes and replace it with weed. ;)

Yes, because then we can legalize marijuana. Okay, weed can cause one disease, but it can also prevent two diseases. Plus, the Kentucky area smokes weed anyway, so why not just legalize it to keep the U.S. citizens out of jail? And cigarettes give you lung cancer, while weed on the other hand can't. This is my opinion.

• They are bad for you!

Okay, so if you smoke you are going to turn out like that person in the commercial with the wig! Gross, never going to be me! Your health would be really bad and you could die from lung cancer! It is really bad, you could also die from heart disease!

• They are bad for you!

Smokers, there are MANY reasons why. Cigarettes are smelly and they make you smell disgusting! They can cause cancer and make you feel and look a lot older than you really are! They put tar on your lungs and they ruin lives! Once you start, you can't stop because YOU ARE ADDICTED! Cigarettes don't do good! SO I DO BELIEVE THEY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

• They are very harmful.

Cigarettes should not be sold. They can kill you and put you in a hospital. It's no good to smoke. If you smoke you are not going to live as long. You can get lung cancer and your lungs can get hairy. If you don't want to die then don't smoke.

• Smoking

Yes, in my personal opinion, I think that smoking cigarettes or anything should be illegal. You are putting out second hand smoke when you smoke cigarettes thereby endangering all the people who breathe that smoke in. The smoke is bad for your health as well as the health of the others who take it in.

• The Law Has No Business in My Personal Affairs

What I put in my body is my business. If I want to smoke a cigarette or drink poison, the government should keep their nose out of it. Constitutionally they have no right. Yes smoking is bad, and I ruined my health with it. Wish I never tried it. Glad I finally quit. But I wouldn't want the government to take my liberty by dictating what I can and cant do with my body.

• Cigarettes should be regulated, but not illegal

Cigarettes have many proven negative health effects on smokers and those around smokers and therefore are rightly regulated; they should not be made illegal however. Outlawing cigarettes would be unpractical currently and most likely just create a black market or drive smokers to use other equally, or even more unhealthy, substances.

• Smoking is a Personal Choice, No Place for Government

While smoking is hazardous to your health, every person should have the right to choose whether or not to smoke. The government should not have control over how we treat our own bodies. I support banning smoking in public places, or in any environment where second-hand smoke might harm another person. However, a person must have rights over his or her own person. If smoking were to be made illegal, then it would set a terrible precedence for government control over our own bodies.

• Cancer sticks illegal

Cigarettes cause the one illness that we cant find a cure for , cancer. We are still finding a cure and more and people are getting cancer. The tobacco in cigarettes is addicting , which means you cant stop, letting your health down. Your lungs, teeth, and heart gets affected from cancer sticks

• Smoking is bad

Smoking is bad for your health and I agree it should be illegal. Many people have died from smoking and it is putting their life in concern. It is addicting and I understand that, but I believe it should be illegal. Many diseases are caused by smoking, most likely cancer. Once again I believe smoking should be illegal.

• Banning something because you don't like it is stupid.

Remember when the Volstead Act was enacted in 1920? The ban on alcohol stemmed from those who thought drinking alcohol was detrimental. It put the manufacture and sale of alcohol in the hands of violent criminals. Prohibition doesn't work, so stop trying to force others to live by your ideals. Because that's called fascism.

• Why should it be?

Smoking should NOT be illegal. Its a personal choice. I do smoke cigarettes and its my choice on what I do. I am not on the side I am on because I smoke cigarettes, I am simply on this side because it's my choice. If I want to smoke knowing the harmful effects then let me. The govt should not care and nor should anybody else. Leave it up to me what I do.

• It's not the governments job

It's not the governments job to tell you what you can and can't do. And it is really stupid that people are saying that it should be illegal because it affects others. You should be able to do any type of drug on your own people. You nosy people should leave everyone alone who smoke and so should the government. Sure it's a bad idea but does it really concern you at all what your neighbor does. MYOB!!!!!!!!

• PFFFT..Let me think.....NO.

NO! What does it matter?! It's YOUR choice, YOUR life, so if you want to, you go right on ahead and do so. The government can stay out of lives and not worry about us because mankind has survived long enough without them. So, today, if you want to go smoke, you go right ahead and buy some and do so!

• Smoking is bad for you but if that is how YOU want to live your life, you should be able to decide.

Smoking cigarettes has more bad effects than good. They yellow your teeth, stink up your clothes, and they cause cancer and other serious health risks, but at the end of the day its your body and your choice. If you want to hack all the time and smell like cigarettes then you should have that right. The government should be more concerned about helping the people as a whole and stop wasting time on little things that should be people's personal choice.

Anonymous says2013-05-20T15:29:03.080
I think that cigarettes should be illegal because they will ruin your whole life and put you at many risks and dangers.