Should Snapchat have turned down a $3 billion offer from Facebook?

• They should have.

Facebook is smart. They realize that Facebook will one day disappear, like MySpace. That is why Facebook owns Instagram, which is getting more popular by the minute. Now they get Snapchat, so essentially they are smart. They (Facebook) also realizes that Snapchat could be a big contender one day, so why not buy it now, when it is young? In summary, I think that Facebook is smart for buying Snapchat, but Snapchat should grow more, into an actual company with some serious money. (Also, even though this is off topic, I would like to point out that what Snapchat does you can do on your phone, there is no need for Snapchat, and I don't know why it is so popular.)

• Maybe they want a chance to Grow Like Facebook Did

Facebook started off as a small project that if it got brought out really soon its value and usage may be way down I believe that the owners of snapchat just want to own there own successful website/application that can compare to others this being the reason they would turn down the deal

• Its retarded that they didnt

For those for you who don't know what Snapchat is, its another borderline-idiotic means of communication between teens where one teen takes a photo of themselves, sends it to the person they are talking to, and then after ten seconds THE PHOTO IS DELETED FOREVER.... I have no idea how a dumb idea like that got so popular but chances are that its not making much money, and no one other then Facebook would be crazy enough to offer $3 billion to buy it..... I mean for pete sake Disney bought STAR WARS FOR $3 BILLION, you think Snapchat is worth more then that franchise? Of course not! Snapchat got the offer of a lifetime and turned it down for some dumb reason when they shouldn't have.

• Are you serious

Snapchat is made up of 30 employees. 30. That's only 100 million dollars each give or take. And for an app that 1, is free. And 2, has no ads. Are they expecting to get a better offer? Even reading the Pro side I can't come up with a reason to say no to someone coming up to me and saying "hey do you want to retire with $100 million dollars today?"

• Pressured Pressured Pressured

I think they were pressured into declining because their investors want 4 billion. I think they were pressured into declining because their investors want 4 billion. I think they were pressured into declining because their investors want 4 billion. I think they were pressured into declining because their investors want 4 billion.