• Don't listen to them

Most of my school loves soccer. They have every other sport except soccer. Cross country, track, softball, baseball, volleyball, football, wresting, basketball, and more. It stinks. When people play soccer, it clears my mind and it feels good to kick something. We should have middle school soccer. Kids should decide.

• YES! Soccer is an Amazing Sport!

Definitely! Because soccer pumps me up and makes me feel good whenever I play it, whether it is for fun or in state championship. I think that having a middle school league would be just the thing for many struggling teenagers to help them vent out through soccer and actually enjoy their middle school experience!

• Yes, soccer should be a sport.

I am a soccer player myself and I say that soccer is no worse as terms of injuries and aggressiveness than football, which is currently being played at my middle school. Another upsetting thing is that even at my high school there is only soccer in the spring. I current play soccer in spring and fall. Girls who aren't made to play volleyball or run cross country do not have much to do in fall. Ending my argument soccer should most certainly be a middle school sport.

• All ages anyway

Kids play soccer for clubs when they're four. Kids play basketball, football, track and other sports in school already. And soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Middle schoolers could get hurt doing anything. I don't think playing Soccer is worse for injures then other sports at a middle school level.

• Just as active as other sports.

This common sport is very physically demanding and is always a popular sport almost everywhere you go. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Soccer requires a lot of talent and knowledge of the sport but anyone can play it. Like other active sports you can get hurt.
    EX. Football and wrestling are active and sometimes dangerous, just like soccer.

• Just as active as other sports.

• Soccer is an athletic sport!

Soccer teaches kids more skills that they need in high school, and it is simply healthy for you! Yes, track and field you run. But not like in soccer. In soccer you change pace, sprint, jog. Practice is also a lot more fun. Yet, in track/field it's only running. Mind you, I'm not saying track/field is a bad sport. It is the second best opportunity to get prepared for high school soccer, but not first.
    Soccer has a lot of running and could decrease the amount of overweight jr. High kids, and get them wanting to play in high school, which will increase there health over all. If you were to introduce soccer in high school, only kids who had been playing soccer since rec would want to make it. Also, it would increase the skill level of the high school team making the high school they go to have better players.

• I say yes

I know in the area I work in there are low numbers for soccer when they do get to the high school level. I believe if there were an opportunity to show or gain some interest in soccer in middle school, there would be high numbers participating at the high school competition level. With this interest shown early on we could begin to 1.) Teach them the skills needed to perform at the high school level 2.) Give them a chance to compete in something if they are not interested in other sports offered 3.) Really hit home that academics are important and if we truly make that connection with academics and sports, I believe most would understand. Student-athletes are students 1st and athletes 2nd.

These are just a few reasons I believe middle schools everywhere should have a soccer team.

• Soccer is Great

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. It is played by people of all ages, genders and nationalities. It should very much be a part of middle school culture. There is nothing overly dangerous or problematic associated with children playing soccer before being fully developed, so there is no reason to delay.

• Yes for Soccer

Yes middle schools have a soccer team becaue alopt of people like to play soccer and its not fair for people to have the sports they want like baseball and basketball what about soccerr its not fair! Not fair at all! I think we should be aloud because alot and i mean alot of kids and even adults like the sport soccer they like to play it and they like to watch it!

• No For Soccer

No because of all the injuries there are in soccer and if someone gets a concussion they wont be participating in school and also ankle injuries, knee, shins, calf, and shoulder muscle inures. I don't know what else to say even though I have a strong opinion that soccer should not be a middle school sport.