Should Sochi have been chosen for the Olympics in light of Russia's human rights record?

• Yes, I think Sochi should have been chosen for the Olympics in light of Russia's human rights record.

I believe that overall Olympic organizers look at many different factors when determining what country to host the Olympics and while Russia's human rights record is not perfect Russia is not actively murdering it's citizens out in the public, I think Russia has a decent enough human rights record to not deter Olympic officials from picking Sochi.

• Yes It Should

I believe Sochi was a decent choice for the Olympics despite Russia's human rights records. I believe it is wrong to intertwine these two things. The Olympics are suppose to happen around the world and different cities are selected each time. Not every country meets every ones standards, that doesn't mean the Olympics can't be held there.

• Yes, Sochi should have been chosen.

I believe that the Winter Olympics should have still chosen Sochi for their games despite Russia's human rights record. I do not think that there should be a reason why a location cannot be chosen just because of their politics and beliefs. As long as their policies do not affect human rights then there's nothing wrong with it.

• No, I do not think so

I do not think Sochi should have been chosen for the Olympics. You would think we would learn from our past and not hold Olympic games in the countries of dictators who abuse human rights. Yet, here we make that mistake with Putin and the Russians. We need a massive boycott of that country.